Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it's about time we discussed any changes for the season and a bit ahead.

I'd like to kick off with this: handicap matches

I know they aren't a very popular part of the game, and they currently make up around 1 in 6 of matches played, so I have a suggestion on how to get rid of them:

For a normal 7 day week, picking up to 4 matches each day until a pool of 7 matches has been created (ideally picking 4 matches on Monday and 3 on Tuesday, where possible, then 1 match each day until Sunday)

This way on any day where there aren't any close matches, one of the "spare matches" is used from the pool of matches created earlier in the week. So, for example, if there are no tight matches scheduled on the Friday, then the first backup match would be used, and so on.

Please let me know your thoughts on this. Unless there are any objections then I'd like to start using this from next week (week commencing 12th September).

And please post any changes you'd like to see for next season.

@ali, @Arsenalex, @Ayush1234567, @CarlosDjoker, @Chilenaitor, @cmchelsea, @digor, @Ertl93, @Kellemanske, @Litotes, @Matthew2408, @Ponas Donny, @rjd, @slazlo, @Szymon, @Transcender, @Pratik, @rusca_djokerfan, @Wazza, @Mark Lenders, @Le Luka Erceg, @TheTennisDose, @Hidalgo, @lupojohn

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Hm, I think this would actually be worse than the handicap matches, as it would decrease participation (in my opinion, at least). The thing I like about TWS is that I can make a pick every day regardless of my previous picks. Now we might get situations where I log in and get a message that says "Whoops, no picking today, we'll just use this match from Tuesday". Not to mention that it is a complete suspense killer.

I say keep the handicap matches. With how rarely they happen, it's not too big of a bother.

·
158,702 Posts
Hm, I think this would actually be worse than the handicap matches, as it would decrease participation (in my opinion, at least). The thing I like about TWS is that I can make a pick every day regardless of my previous picks. Now we might get situations where I log in and get a message that says "Whoops, no picking today, we'll just use this match from Tuesday". Not to mention that it is a complete suspense killer.

I say keep the handicap matches. With how rarely they happen, it's not too big of a bother.
+1.

Don't make it too complicated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts