Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What category would you guys rate the overall average speed for the Rome Courts? Madrid seemed aster than indian wells and Miami hard courts. Is it just me or is Rome as fast or Madrid?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No observations? Some of those games looked very slow...especially the wta games..i am not sure the players were making weak shots or if the court was slow but some players managed to get some balls from this end of the court to the other end that would normally end up being a winner.

·
Premium Member
62,010 Posts
Rome can be quick, it's no coincidence it's the one clay masters Sampras managed to win, but most years it's not. This year? Hard to say, looks about average I guess. Haven't watched any WTA.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Nargiso said it's quick due to the clay being very 'compact' (he's there commentating)

·
Banned
1,221 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,681 Posts
Rome usually has a speed similar to Roland Garros.

Slower than Madrid and faster than Monte Carlo.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Rome usually has a speed similar to Roland Garros.

Slower than Madrid and faster than Monte Carlo.
Monte Carlo uses the exactly same clay and preparation used for FO.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
join date 2004 and 64 posts :eek: :eek:
Some people on this forum joined barely a month ago and have 10 times your number :rolleyes:
The other day there was someone who was registered since 2002 but only just had his 1st post, it must have been one hell of a reason to come out of the woodwork :lol:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,655 Posts
Watching the Cilic match vs GGL, it seems slower than Madrid but faster than MC as someone has said already. Decent speed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts