Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the projected seedings for Wimbledon please do tell if i made a mistake. Points from Halle and Queens 2013 had been taken off the rankings.

Take ESP points at 16 June 2014
Add 100% points earned for all grass court tournaments in the past 12 months
add 75% points earned for best grass court tournament in the 12 months before that.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: 2014 Projected Wimbledon Seedings

I think Mahut will be seeded as well, he won two ATP 250 titles on grass last year, so he is adding at least 500 points from the formula. Also - it will be better if you remove Del Potro since he is not playing, because every player behind him moves one place ahead.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I think Mahut will be seeded as well, he won two ATP 250 titles on grass last year, so he is adding at least 500 points from the formula. Also - it will be better if you remove Del Potro since he is not playing, because every player behind him moves one place ahead.
only the top 32 ranked players will be seeded, Mahut will only be seeded if he is able to get into the top 32 ranked players or Wimbledon decides to give him a seeding exemption. No formal announcement of del Potro's withdrawal, even though it is a given, it needs to be official.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

I hope for a great draw for Gulbis, now he has an excellent chance for that.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
33,355 Posts

Can players earn higher seeding if they perform well at grass events this year? I.e if Janowicz won Halle would his ranking be bumped even higher?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

Can players earn higher seeding if they perform well at grass events this year? I.e if Janowicz won Halle would his ranking be bumped even higher?
Yeah the 100% points is from the Monday before Wimbledon 2013-2014 so Jerzy would add 250 points if he won Halle.

·
Registered
937 Posts

9 Spaniards would make a record I think. :yeah:
GGL seed is so deserving :bounce:

·
Registered
11,025 Posts

I think Wawrinka should be seeded lower than that....probably around where Fognini is...

·
23,063 Posts

only the top 32 ranked players will be seeded, Mahut will only be seeded if he is able to get into the top 32 ranked players or Wimbledon decides to give him a seeding exemption. No formal announcement of del Potro's withdrawal, even though it is a given, it needs to be official.
Really? If it is, it kind of beats the purpose of adjusted seedings as they are just scrambling the already seeded players (Grass mugs or not) than saying who are the "real seeded" players of Grass. I hope Mahut is seeded if he reaches the seeding ranking after adjustments, because winning 2 Grass titles last year shows that he is very dangerous on Grass.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Really? If it is, it kind of beats the purpose of adjusted seedings as they are just scrambling the already seeded players (Grass mugs or not) than saying who are the "real seeded" players of Grass. I hope Mahut is seeded if he reaches the seeding ranking after adjustments, because winning 2 Grass titles last year shows that he is very dangerous on Grass.
Yes, it changed around 10 years ago, because many clay courters were getting bumped out of the seeding places, so they decided to boycott the event. Wimbledon changed it to only shifting those who are to be seeded if they didn't use the formula.

Yes, look at the Max Points, that is their point if they won either Halle or Queens.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

Shouldn't Nadal be behind Darcis?

·
Registered
11,624 Posts

It's been that way since they started using this formula years ago. Mahut may have done well on grass but he needs to get into the top 32 to take advantage of it in terms of seeding. It's not a bad thing to have some dangerous floaters in the draw who can make the first two rounds interesting.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts