Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 5014 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
Well, yes, but I would've expected Raonic would've developed a better ground game by now. We were talking about how Raonic was a top 5 player, and he hasn't lived up to the inherent expectation that comes with that ranking. Anyways, that's the last I'm talking about this in this thread. VOL 21 pls.
He's got to do something tonight and in the USO, but he is still young

Both Tsonga and Raonic have won about an identical percentage of their return points this year, FYI.
Just my point. Tsonga has been garbage all year save for last week and Raonic is having his best year ever and this stat is true

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Milos getting it together

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Why's Raonic wearing that stupid sleeve btw?
How many times must this be asked per match?

He put it on earlier for an injury, I guess, and just liked it.

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
How many times must this be asked per match?

He put it on earlier for an injury, I guess, and just liked it.
Lol, I don't really care if it's been asked, I obviously did not know. The fact he likes it explains his hairstyle. Dreadful look.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
That's a great point... I'm going to do some quick research

vs. Karlovic 11-1 (forgot that Cincy debacle in 2008)
vs. Roddick 21-3
vs. Isner 4-1 (should Davis Cup count?)
vs. Raonic 5-0
vs. Philippoussis 4-1

That's a solid 45-6 against the four biggest servers of Roger's career.
This has basically been the narrative of tennis in this century. The courts slowed down, North Americans didn't adapt, and the Europeans ate them for lunch. Raonic got further by having a huge weapon that Isner et al don't have - consistency. Consistent mediocrity.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Lol, I don't really care if it's been asked, I obviously did not know. The fact he likes it explains his hairstyle. Dreadful look.
It's got nothing to do with te look but the feel, he wears it now because he got comfortable with it and like the feel of it

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
better from Raonic...more tighter game now

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
It's just frustrating to watch. Raonic's game has improved, but he looks like a deer in the headlights vs the top guys
All the practice in the world won't help you against the top guys if you don't have a little thing called imagination.

1 - 20 of 5014 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.