·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Six-time Champion and Defending Champion returns to the beloved grass :cool:

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Doubles with Marco? That's been a while :) Hope they can get a good result together :yeah: And ofc that he can defend his singles title :D

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Again, it could be come to an Encounter against Haas, if he's fit :banghead:

But overall, I can't complain about the Draw. A Roger-Rafa Final would be my dream. 2nd wish would be Kohli-Roger in the Final.

Is anyone going to Halle? I'm there from Thursday till Sunday (Weekend Package). We could meet and make a 'MTF Federer Express Forum' Celebration :D
It's the 5th Time for me in Halle (2010-2014). Last Year Roger won, it was very special. Hopefully he will produce some magic again :yeah::cheerleader:

·
Registered
12,632 Posts
Again, it could be come to an Encounter against Haas, if he's fit :banghead:

But overall, I can't complain about the Draw. A Roger-Rafa Final would be my dream. 2nd wish would be Kohli-Roger in the Final.

Is anyone going to Halle? I'm there from Thursday till Sunday (Weekend Package). We could meet and make a 'MTF Federer Express Forum' Celebration :D
It's the 5th Time for me in Halle (2010-2014). Last Year Roger won, it was very special. Hopefully he will produce some magic again :yeah::cheerleader:
You are soooooo lucky :envious::jealous: There may be advantages to living on an island with marvellous beaches and year-round sunshiine, but seeing Roger live isn't one of them:( (The sports tourism people did try to get him for an exhibition a few years back, but his fee was too high for a small nation of 240,000 souls.. lol)

Hope you can repeat last year's luck and see a Fed win.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
You are soooooo lucky :envious::jealous: There may be advantages to living on an island with marvellous beaches and year-round sunshiine, but seeing Roger live isn't one of them:(
Hope you can repeat last year's luck and see a Fed win.
:hug: It's a pity you can't see him live (at least once in your Life). Would be nice to see some Users in Person.

(The sports tourism people did try to get him for an exhibition a few years back, but his fee was too high for a small nation of 240,000 souls.. lol)
:eek: Didn't know about it. But don't write that Part with the too high Fee in GM here on MTF. People will think they get their confirmation, that Roger is an arrogant, money-grubbing Man :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,632 Posts
:hug: It's a pity you can't see him live (at least once in your Life). Would be nice to see some Users in Person.

:eek: Didn't know about it. But don't write that Part with the too high Fee in GM here on MTF. People will think they get their confirmation, that Roger is an arrogant, money-grubbing Man :rolleyes:
nah.. I wouldn't do that... it's a simple matter of our being too small to afford what I guess would have been his regular/standard fee - and i doubt he had any part in the negotiations anyhow

·
Registered
12,632 Posts
one question Tony2003, why on earth would you dream of a Roger-Rafa final? Let's be realistic, at 33 the odds are that the outcome would be a Roger defeat. For me that is a nightmare, not a dream

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
one question Tony2003, why on earth would you dream of a Roger-Rafa final?
They never played on Grass since Wimby 2008. It would be awesome if they met in Halle in the Final. If Roger and we want another Wimbledon Title, he has to defeat every Player. I think a Final against Rafa would be good for the Estimation of his current Game. It would be a good Preparation for Wimbledon.

Let's be realistic, at 33 the odds are that the outcome would be a Roger defeat. For me that is a nightmare, not a dream
Statistics Smatistics :p I still believe Roger can win against Rafa. Even on Clay ;) And even in a Slam :D

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
COme on Olderer :bounce:

Good play joining doubles with Chiudinelli :yeah:

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
A Roger-Rafa Final would be my dream. 2nd wish would be Kohli-Roger in the Final.
So that Rafa can get another win against an old/past his prime Roger on his favourite surface, increase the h2h to 24-10 so that his tards can gloat more? No thanks :eek:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
So that Rafa can get another win against an old/past his prime Roger on his favourite surface, increase the h2h to 24-10 so that his tards can gloat more? No thanks :eek:
Why you all so negative? Roger can still beat him :) Besides, it's Bo3 ;) His best Chance to beat Rafa is either here/Wimbledon or on Indor Hard. Am I the only here who believe so?

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Why you all so negative? Roger can still beat him :) Besides, it's Bo3 ;) His best Chance to beat Rafa is either here/Wimbledon or on Indor Hard. Am I the only here who believe so?
No, you're not. Roger should be the favourite if they meet in Halle. That's proper grass, after all. Wimbledon would be tougher, since they can't meet before the SF that will be on dirt, not grass.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
No, you're not. Roger should be the favourite if they meet in Halle. That's proper grass, after all. Wimbledon would be tougher, since they can't meet before the SF that will be on dirt, not grass.
ThankU Litotes :dance:

Wimbledon would be tougher, since they can't meet before the SF that will be on dirt, not grass.
I know the 2nd Week Wimbledon-turns-into-green-Clay-Phenomenon. But he still has a better Chance there, then in Australia on Plexicushion or Roland Garros.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
I know the 2nd Week Wimbledon-turns-into-green-Clay-Phenomenon. But he still has a better Chance there, then in Australia on Plexicushion or Roland Garros.
I don't see it as green clay, but something in between. Ofc I agree his chances are better, but I'd still like to see Nadal out before the SF in Wimby. Any dangerous grasscourter can take him out in R1 to R3. Just has to hope he doesn't draw a string of claycourters early.

·
Registered
21,284 Posts
I've seen it to many times to believe. I can't anymore.

·
Registered
12,632 Posts
I still don't understand this preoccupation with him (Roger) meeting Rafa/beating him. This is no new, need to prove himself rivalry... "his best chance to beat Rafa"????!!! What Roger needs is a decent chance to win Wimbledon, and if Rafa goes out 1st round again, so much the better - Fed won't have him to worry about.

Forget the "mine is bigger than yours" testesterone battle

1 - 20 of 352 Posts