Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 637 Posts

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With everything we've seen so far, what would you expect for 2012 if these tournaments were played tomorrow?

Here's what I would predict:

Australian Open: Federer
French Open: Nadal
Wimbledon: Djokovic
U.S. Open: Djokovic

·
29,637 Posts
Re: 2012 Grand Slam Predictions

I wish Fed was ranked 2 and Nadull 3. That way 1 could destroy 3 and lose to 2 in the final given Murray's a mental mong.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Australian Open: Djokovic
French Open: Djokovic
Wimbledon: Murray
U.S. Open: Del Potro

Nadal? No cigar. He got lucky this year he won the French. Novak was one killer forehand in the semis from winning all 4 majors. Can you guys believe it?!!

·
Registered
565 Posts

Djokovic will be favored every GS if his form keeps up. For RG, Nadal could be the favorite depending on how he does on the dirt.

·
Registered
29,205 Posts

Australian Open: Troicki
French Open: Sampras
Wimbledon: Golubev
U.S. Open: Wozniacki

Reactions: Yolita and Pipsy

·
Registered
148 Posts

AO - Federer
RG - Djokovic
W - Tsonga
US - Murray

Why? I just want to be the first person to say Tsonga, in case he miraculously wins and I can pretend I'm psychic. The others I picked out of a hat (no Nadal in *my* hat, obviously)

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Djokovic will be favored every GS if his form keeps up. For RG, Nadal could be the favorite depending on how he does on the dirt.
How could he be the favorite? Novak moves better on clay than Rafa at this point. He beat Rafa easily on clay in comparison to hard courts. Rafa didn't even take a set

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Tsonga is a reasonable choice. IMHO, I think he's a better #4 than Murray. But we'll see what happens in 2012. If Tsonga can work a bit more on the return of serve (did well against Federer in Wimby), and use his backhand as a weapon, things may look interesting. He's defeated the top 3 during different slams. However, he'll need to defeat at least 2 of them back to back.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts

AO- Djokovic
FO- Monfils
W- Djokovic
USO- Federer( Swan song)

·
Banned
18,509 Posts

Fed will win all 4 :rocker2:

·
Registered
565 Posts

How could he be the favorite? Novak moves better on clay than Rafa at this point. He beat Rafa easily on clay in comparison to hard courts. Rafa didn't even take a set
Nadal was the oddsmaker favorite going into RG this year despite Djokovic's remarkable undefeated run at that point. However, they were very very equal, with Betfair closing Nadal at 2.74 and Djokovic at 2.91

If Djokovic repeats his performance and dominates the clay court season again, he will most definitely be the favorite going into RG, but that is a tall task.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Roland Garros is still slower than the U.S. Open and Wimbledon (regardless of how slow these surfaces have become), so I guess this will in the long run, help out Rafa's feet.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts

AO - Djokovic
French - Djokovic
Wimbledon - Murray (fans will get him there if they don't kill him)
US - Dunno....Djokovic? Tsonga? Murray? Del Potro?

Oh and Olympics.... - Monfils

·
Registered
13,133 Posts

AO - Nadal
FO - Nadal
W - Federer
USO - Federer

·
Registered
2,757 Posts

Fed will come in hungry next year. I just feel if he gets put on nadal's half at one of the slams and nadal loses before he has to play fed... fed will have a chance and the fact that fed is capable of beating djokovic he will have his chances especially if fed can make it to finals at wimby where djoker cannot defend and move and points are short. Djokovic is injured right now and like i've said his style of play will continue a breakdown of his body and his level will be hard to maintain given the way he plays so physically and the season is not over yet so he may be even more injured the more he plays. Coming off any injury layoff makes it difficult to regain your level.

1 - 20 of 637 Posts