Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 27 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts

And HAppy NEw Year to all - just want to say ILOVE your photography - not just the great shots of Marat - and although it is hard to take a really 'bad' shot of him I think, your pics always seem to capture a moment when he is doing something particularly aesthetic with his face or body - usually, both! hehehe.... but I also admire your other work too - thanks for sharing!

· Registered
527 Posts
um, I'm the author of these photos. :)

Marat is so charming and friendly.
I really hope he can come to Taiwan again next year.
Hi - I posted the link to your pic so that people would follow the link to flickr and they would see that they are your pics - as they were available on open format I did not think they were restricted - they are great photos!:) sorry if you want me to delete the link I will.

...I hope Marat goes back next year - maybe you will be really lucky and he will bring Dinara - I am sure she would want to play doubles again with her brother...and if it is the same time of year.....well, instead of Hopman Cup maybe? anyway, MArat obviously had a great time in your country!

· Registered
527 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
The bedroom looks like a hotel bedroom, but with a very ugly painting/photo on the wall. (It nearly made me miss the cute kitty :eek: )
...Awww.....well, you have to remember that the magazine stylists would have spent probably about three hours preparing the place for the photoshoot - (you don't really think Marat makes his bed with hospital corners do you!!:eek:;)) and its clear if you compare the place as it is presented in these pics with what we can see of it in "real' life in the Pat Cash video (shoes by the door, clothes all over the chair....lol....) then I think it's clear he doesn't live in it looking like this!!...glad to see little Fenusya has control of the bed tho....I bet she bites his feet in the morning if he's late getting up to feed her....:D ..as for the print - well, we now he likes David La Chappelle .. and that is definitely in his style if not actually by him...so he's consistent...although there was an advertisement for an alcoholic drink - I think it was Baileys or something like that, that used a very similar image....which is what sprang to my mind when I saw it hehehehe.......

· Registered
527 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
He he he. Like I said, my Big Pixie is becoming middle-aged. The real comforts, emotionally and otherwise, are not to be found in a nightclub ...:p Home to the cat, Big Yin, for a cuddle. :)

And do I detect a sneaky opportunitistic moment of tartan-action under that jumper? Is he now trying to confuse his FG?
Yep...yo are right, FG - he seems addicted to his Ralph Lauren these days....must have got a job-lot at Century 21....

· Registered
527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
a not especially relevant photo of Marat with Ekaterina Peshkova which I'm assuming is from last year. webpage

I think you are correct - this pic is from the long NYC shopping trip- there is no evidence that their 'relationship' extended much beyond holidays in Miami and New York - although that does not necessarily mean they are not friends...and also, Marat never 'hid' the fact that he was in a relationship or not in a relationship - the long denial and explanation of his singledom he undertook in Taiwan seemed excessive if in fact he IS in a relationship - and pointless....besides - why should he necessarily be in a relationship - it does not work for everyone and it is not the only way to be happy - so if or when he does meet someone special, who can bring enough to the table to keep him interested long enough for him to want to make it work, I am sure he will make the adjustment in his life that would be needed - difficult though it will be for him to change - so I suspect that Marat will always walk his own path and that may not entail having anyone permanently in tow .... just my opinion! :)

· Registered
527 Posts
Marat at the Р.И.Ц. Карлсон / R.I.TZ. Carlson official opening pre-party, 28 January 2011.

"Mother issues? moi?"

LOOL!!!:haha: Marat is definitely a believer in 'equal opportunity', no??;)

· Registered
527 Posts
Girls, he doesn't pay them to go to bed with him, he pays them to go away afterwards!

PS: He looks rather fresh faced for 28 of January, don't you think? I guess Mum didn't allow vodka & a monster party for Junior's B-day party!!
...Judging by Marat's classic 'aversion' body language in both these pics(not to mention pretty much all the countless other nigh-club/bar pics of recent times,) I'd say he's paying them to go away NOW....;)

I'd say he wasn't so fresh faced and bushy tailed on the morning of the 28th in the presser with Tarpi - but these pics were probably taken around 1am the next morning - so he would have been able to go home and have a nanna-nap before dressing up in his nana-knitted jacket to go 'out on the pull" on a Moscow Friday night....not the most challenging pastime when you are a multi-millionaire....how blue do his eyes look in that jumper?!!

· Registered
527 Posts
Please, tell me he borrowed the hat from someone around him, please, please! :tape:
...LOL - I am inclined to agree....I prefer his unemployed student look to this ....this....well, "Gigolo" comes screamingly to mind...although I think that is as much the black shirt with the red buttonholes than the cream felt ....hat.....

· Registered
527 Posts
Agree 100%, guys. I never thought this was possible, but that shirt is starting to wear him, it's so meaningless! Maybe his cleaner will mistake it for a spare floor rag, its only fit purpose as far as I can see. :tape:

Marat the imp. :devil:
I have to second that emotion....but sadly, he seems to love 'that' shirt as much as I love the Mollini boots I bought in a sale in Chapel Street I don't know - around 8 years ago now - which I just keep resole/heeling because I love them SO much - and...well - they are a classic shape and the colour( tan) keeps coming back "in".....and they are the comfiest things I have ever worn on my feet.....but I think we have to look to Mama Rausa and an accident in the laundry as out best hope of relegating that thing to a duster - (remember, MArat claims NOT to have a cleaner...) I think it's the white collar that just tips it over the edge for me - if it were all check I may be able to live with it...but I wish he stuck to the narrow stripe shirts with his suit jackets (he looked good at the Fed cup) ..or - even better - just stuck to the white shirt with the loose tie(a la most recent photo-shoot) - now THAT is " HOT bohemian " enough for me!:)
(BTW Dasha looked sensational....I adore her dress and those heeels - that girl sure knows how to 'dress to impress' without being too showy - I really like her style!)

1 - 14 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.