Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is a little early, but I'd be a little surprised if others aren't already looking to the new season.

I've just made my first bet for 2008 (a maximum stake on Federer to finish world #1 @ 1.50 - unibet...). Sure, I might have got better offers had I waited, but who cares. There is actually a thread on this in GM, but, basically, I agree with what the majority are saying...Federer is unlikely to be as dominant as he has been in the last 2-3 seasons, but there aren't really any guys out there, apart from Nadal (and maybe Nole and Bandy) who can beat him on a regular basis. Factor in the fact that Nadal et al have increased competition (e.g. from Ferrer, Nalbandian, Murray, Gasquet etc)...this leads me to believe that Fed can still hold a "healthy" 500+ pts lead over the rest of the pack, come the end of the season (although he may lose #1 at some stage, earlier in the season).

What is anyone else fancying for next season?

:wavey:

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Lay the following players when they go to 1.01-1.09 before a match or during a match:

Soderling, Monfils, Del Potro, Acasuso, Verdasco, Ginepri, Mayer, Melzer, Calleri, Koubek. Sure you will get in profit by the end of the year by doing this.

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Lay the following players when they go to 1.01-1.09 before a match or during a match:

Soderling, Monfils, Del Potro, Acasuso, Verdasco, Ginepri, Mayer, Melzer, Calleri, Koubek. Sure you will get in profit by the end of the year by doing this.
Completely agree with the bolded players.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Victor Chandler has 1.73. Might be worth opening an account there to put this on if they have any decent promotions for new account holders and you fancy it strongly.
Ah, looks like I got robbed then (unibet usually have competitive odds)! :lol: Still, I'm 95% confident, so there is a great deal of value in 1.50 odds, even if 1.73 is so much better. :sad: Thanks for notifying me...I'm now tempted to add VC to my "bookie portfolio."

·
Premium Member
11,343 Posts

It's not about laying only these players but to LAY all players at these odds.

@ Jez : your bet is on ATP Race or ATP South African Airways Ranking ?

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts

no PHM love anymore in a choker's list?

at the end of the year is the same

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
It's not about laying only these players but to LAY all players at these odds.
It depends on the situations and the players. Some players lose heart when a set and a break down and simply give up - Acasuso for an example rarely wins matches from a set down.

no PHM love anymore in a choker's list?
PHM lost me a bit of money this year because he refused to choke. I guess only in Miami against Murray did he really choke. He has definitely improved in that aspect this year.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts
Are you sure ? :confused:
for the top positions yes
only participation in challengers can make a difference

you can compare the 2 rankings right now, it's all the same (can change only after the TMC for top 8) except Canas who has participated in Challengers last year and still can lose some points if he cant defend them

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry Jules, it is the Entry ranking.

Gah I'm rather disappointed I got ripped off with the odds...tempted to dump another 2 units on the 1.73 price...but that would put my strategy out of sync. :(

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
VC are offering a free £50 bet for new customers atm. Not sure what the terms and conditions are but it's worth looking into. You can get the free bet without risking a penny at some bookies by betting on a something you know 100% is going to be void but this doesn't work everywhere.
The bet is ATP Race but like Scarecrows said, it's the same thing come the end of the year. VC also have Fed at 1.73 to win Wimbledon which is I think is way out of line with everyone else.

·
Registered
12,720 Posts
VC are offering a free £50 bet for new customers atm. Not sure what the terms and conditions are but it's worth looking into. You can get the free bet without risking a penny at some bookies by betting on a something you know 100% is going to be void but this doesn't work everywhere.
The bet is ATP Race but like Scarecrows said, it's the same thing come the end of the year. VC also have Fed at 1.73 to win Wimbledon which is I think is way out of line with everyone else.
THey know Rafa will win it so thats why its so high

·
Premium Member
11,343 Posts
If i remember well, Rafa won't play at Chennai like he did this year. In 2008, he will begin his clay season just afer Australian Open. It could be important if he wants to finish number 1 at ATP Race.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Nalbandian has a better chance than both.

Djokovic is overrated due to the weakness outside the top 2.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts