Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Mark did well over the weekend in the Celebrity GP... he started terrible in the qualifying on friday, finishing 13th. But on the Saturday pushed his way through to finish 5th. Unfortunately Sunday's final was stopped half way because of an accident.

I've uploaded photo's of Mark on my website..

Mark and girlfriend Siobhan Parekh

Signing Autographs

Mark with Iron man Guy Leech

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So sorry but i finished the message album yesterday and Val is sending it to Mark.

No news at all I'm afraid... not even any sightings in the papers... it could mean a number of things but I'd say he'll be coming to a final decision about his career very soon. It's been very boring, and I'm surprised it's been this long with ZERO news, if he's still in Melbourne he must be keeping a very low profile.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
who knows??

yesterday there was a small bit in a paper that he was helping out on a casual basis at a Secondary College Tennis class in Williamstown but still plans to return the tour... i honestly don't know why Mark would want to try after all this time off.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I AGREE.... he would have to know by now what his plans or future goals are, no matter how big or small.. it's ridiculous nothing has been said. Its hard to say what he's even doing right now.. there's been zero in the news other then that tiny print recently he's helped out at a tennis school and still plans to return.

He's good at keeping a low profile.. but almost 6 months on and no official statement is rough!

·
Registered
24 Posts
i was just reading a news article about mark and noticed that they quoted you flipfan! how cheeky...can't they get there own news!!!!
mark behind andy murray?..yeah right..

anywoo, does anyone know if mark and siobhan ars still together? i dohn;t like to speculate but i just wasn't sure!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
hahha, yeah how nice of them to add the link!

i dunno know.. haven't heard anything on the contrary, so i think they might be still together.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Scud coming back

MARK Philippoussis is planning another comeback to professional tennis 10 months after his fifth round of knee surgery.

Australia's former US Open and Wimbledon runner-up will contest an over-30s tournament in North Carolina in September with the hope of eventually returning to the ATP Tour.

The 31-year-old Philippoussis hasn't played at the elite level since breaking down during the Australian Open wildcard playoff in January, having missed the entire 2007 season with injury.

But he refuses to believe his career is over and will join the likes of former world No.1 Jim Courier, fellow two-time grand slam finalist Todd Martin and South African veteran Wayne Ferreira in the seniors event.

Philippoussis also took part in the Outback Champions Series last year when he lost to then 48-year-old John McEnroe in the fourth-place playoff.

Philippoussis then re-injured his knee competing in the Australian Open wildcard tournament in December, forcing him to go under the knife yet again.

Philippoussis achieved a career-high ranking of No.8 in 1999 and has won 11 career ATP singles titles.

He lost to countryman Patrick Rafter in the 1998 US Open final and to Roger Federer in the 2003 Wimbledon decider, which gave the brilliant Swiss his first grand slam trophy.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It's a bit of a media beat-up... i wouldn't go that far and call it a "comeback"... more like he's returning to tennis and playing a seniors event for fun.

If and when there is news of Mark playing a proper challenger event then I would say he's trying to make a comeback... but i will be happy to see him play any event.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Mark is confirmed to play the Standford Championships in Dallas in Oct 22-26.

So that's 2 Outback series events.... The Palisades in September, The Standford in Oct.... will just have to wait and see what his conditioning is like. I still find it very hard to imagine Mark returning to the main tour. I think he'd do well playing the senior events and maybe WTT... I don't think he'll have the fitness or good health to regularly play tour tournaments or gland slams.

·
Registered
25,386 Posts
great news, i always feel pity for mark, if not for so many injuries, he could have won more :mad:
Mark is confirmed to play the Standford Championships in Dallas in Oct 22-26.

So that's 2 Outback series events.... The Palisades in September, The Standford in Oct.... will just have to wait and see what his conditioning is like. I still find it very hard to imagine Mark returning to the main tour. I think he'd do well playing the senior events and maybe WTT... I don't think he'll have the fitness or good health to regularly play tour tournaments or gland slams.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
blah, blah, blah.... he said this, he said that... lol, i'm sick of the talk... he's gonna have to work that big butt off if he wants to play at grand slam level again. I'd love nothing more to see Mark back, but it's barely possible to imagine with his track record.

Dallas will be very interesting... i don't expect he will play very well, but I am hoping he's in decent physical condition!

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.