Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you all have already voted on who you think will win the next year's slams but I thought it'd be fun the predict the final four of each tournaments. Here goes my picks:

AO: Semis: Federer vs. Nalbandian Nadal vs. Djokovic
FO: Semis: Federer vs. Djokovic Nadal vs. Ferrer
WB: Semis: Federer vs. Roddick Nadal vs. Djokovic
US: Semis: Federer vs. Nalbandian Djokovic vs. Murray

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
AO: Semis: Federer vs. Nalbandian Nadal vs. Djokovic (Title to Nalbandian)
FO: Semis: Federer vs. Djokovic Nadal vs. Ferrer (Title to Nadal)
WB: Semis: Federer vs. Roddick Nadal vs. John Isner (Title to John Isner)
US: Semis: Federer vs. Roddick Djokovic vs. Blake (Title to Djokovic)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi everybody,this is my first post on this forum.I would like to post here regularly because this forum is the only one deticated to tennis. In my opinion the semi-finals of 2008 Grand Slams will be: 1.Australian Open: Federer - Ferrer and Nadal - Djokovic
2.Roland Garros: Nadal - Nalbandian and Federer - Moya
3.Wimbledon: Federer - Roddick and Murray - Djokovic
4.Us Open: Roddick - Nadal and Federer - Djokovic

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John Isner can't possibly win Wimbledon. He can upset some big guys but that's it. He may beat a Roddick, or even Nadal but that's all. Wimbledon winner needs to go through both Federer and Nadal and only Djokovic and Nalbandian have achieved such feat. Now if you had Sampras there, I would maybe entertain the idea

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
I know you all have already voted on who you think will win the next year's slams but I thought it'd be fun the predict the final four of each tournaments. Here goes my picks:

AO: Semis: Federer vs. Nalbandian Nadal vs. Djokovic
FO: Semis: Federer vs. Djokovic Nadal vs. Ferrer
WB: Semis: Federer vs. Roddick Nadal vs. Djokovic
US: Semis: Federer vs. Nalbandian Djokovic vs. Murray

too many permutations to think be this much of a nostradamis:p
anyway I`ll just say who will make the final 4 @ each:

AO: FED, Rafa, Nalbandian, Hewitt
FO: Rafa, Ferrer, Nalbandian, Davydenko
Wimbledon: FED, Murray, Roddick, Djokovic
USO: FED, Murray, Blake, Djokovic

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
too many permutations to think be this much of a nostradamis:p
anyway I`ll just say who will make the final 4 @ each:

AO: FED, Rafa, Nalbandian, Hewitt
FO: Rafa, Ferrer, Nalbandian, Davydenko
Wimbledon: FED, Murray, Roddick, Djokovic
USO: FED, Murray, Blake, Djokovic

Gasquet will be in the last four.
I bet Wimbledon will become like his second home in the next few years.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Without draws this is pointless.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
John Isner can't possibly win Wimbledon. He can upset some big guys but that's it. He may beat a Roddick, or even Nadal but that's all. Wimbledon winner needs to go through both Federer and Nadal and only Djokovic and Nalbandian have achieved such feat. Now if you had Sampras there, I would maybe entertain the idea
Sampras wouldn't return to the court, that's impossible.

John has great chance to come out, may not be in 08, but I believe he got to have a title of Wim in his career

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True. You can't essentially predict without draws but you can predict the final four, right? I mean either Nadal, Federer, Djokovic or Davydenko get to the final or they don't and if they don't replace them with who you think is gonna beat them. Silly but fun :)

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
Well, if the draw allows Nalby to go to semifinal in AO, that is without facing Federer I pick him, but he could also face him in QF. Then how will I know if Nalby is going to end up in NAdals or Federers side of the draw.

Ok, these are who I think will end up in the semifinal either in Federers side of the draw or Nadals:

AO: Nadal probably wont get to sf, so my 4 candidates would be Nalbandian, Federer, Djokovic, Davydenko
RG:Nalbandian, Nadal, Federer, Ferrer
Wimbledon:Federer, Roddick, Gasquet, Berdych
USOPEN:Federer, Nalbandian, Djokovic, Gasquet

Ofcourse most of them could end up facing Federer or each other before SF, so I probably will be wrong directly when the draw is announced.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes Marc. Nobody knows for sure. I mean poor Roddick could get Federer at Wimby quarters, but I guess the best we can do is to sort of assume a lot of things. I wonder if Hewitt can make an impact with Roche next year though. So no semis for Blake? :)

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
Hewitt has a shot in Australian open with the new surface, he just really needs to avoid facing Federer before sf. Blake has seen his best years, he is not young anymore, next year he will be 28-29.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
The following will make it to the last four regardless of the draws. :p

AO: Fed, Nadal, Djoke, Ferrer
RG: Fed, Nadal, Djoke, Ferrer
W: Fed, Nadal, Djoke, Roddick
US: Fed, Nadal, Djoke, Roddick

And there you have it. :zzz:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts