Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I finally got to witness HD matches on the new flex courts? And all I can say is that the blue, especially during the day, puts your eyes out!!!!!!:eek::eek: To say the tourney directors like the color blue is an understatement. At night, all is well and good. But during the day: sensory overload.

I am convinced now convinced the AO tourney committee is made up of:

1. Papa Smurf
2. Violet Beauregarde (from Willy Wonka and the Chocalate Factory, if you don't know)
3. The Blue Man Group, AND
4. The Dog from Blue's Clues.

;)

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 2009 AO Courts: Do you think they like blue over there?

I meant 2008...not 2009.

·
Registered
13,156 Posts

Why so serious?

·
Registered
454 Posts

I like the blue courts. They make everything look nice and cool. The green courts made everything look hot and sticky.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts

The space outside the court should remain green

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

A few friends of mine actually said they could NOT watch the matches because the courts (during the day sessions) were too bright...almost fluorescent. Maybe this is just the effect of HD?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

Green was way better!!!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you can do it yourself, go to first post, click Edit and then Go Advanced
Thanks, my friend. Now, the next question, how do you put items like bagels into avatars?

My quote for you:

Where does he get those wonderful toys?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Hrmm I didn't have a problem watching...

I actually think blue is easier to watch than the green on TV. However I think their are too many blue courts out there, the green was sort of more unique.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Well, I finally got to witness HD matches on the new flex courts? And all I can say is that the blue, especially during the day, puts your eyes out!!!!!!:eek::eek: To say the tourney directors like the color blue is an understatement. At night, all is well and good. But during the day: sensory overload.

I am convinced now convinced the AO tourney committee is made up of:

1. Papa Smurf
2. Violet Beauregarde (from Willy Wonka and the Chocalate Factory, if you don't know)
3. The Blue Man Group, AND
4. The Dog from Blue's Clues.

;)
I already spoke about it. Even on the stadium, it was hard on the eye during the day. I went to the Sydney Medibank tournament and wasn't very happy. But I guess the color reflects a lot of heat and is hence not too sticky. I guess they had to make a compromise somewhere.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
Thanks, my friend. Now, the next question, how do you put items like bagels into avatars?
average photo editing abilities are more than enough

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
I prefer green, I used to prefer it when green was in most places, like the Us Open, 2004 and prior. The blue is too bright, I think the green really suited the Australian Open, why are they changing everything to blue?

And for people who say "Green makes it difficult to see the ball", well I personally think the blue is more difficult to see the ball, although I can see the ball clearly on any colour cause I don't have eye problems.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
The more important question is: who will upload HD matches? ;)

I really can't get used to the blue court. I want the green colour back.

·
Same as it ever was
20,587 Posts
There is nothing wrong with it. I can see the ball a lot better against the blue than the dull green. I haven't had any problem watching it on the blue after 5 days of tennis :shrug:

·
29,645 Posts
The new courts are bollocks and the AO looks alien to me.

I'm losing interest in tennis, and fast.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The new courts are bollocks and the AO looks alien to me.

I'm losing interest in tennis, and fast.
Probably because you're a Murray fan.

The new blue is cool, old green was nice as well, I think it's personal preference.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts