Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another USO classic shown involving 2 of the biggest in the sport Fedovic in 2007. Remarkable how the very green & raw Serb had the Swiss on the ropes in the first set, only to DF in TB, handing Fed the first set. Got to believe this set could & probably should have set the tone for remaining match as second set also went down to TB but Fed serving lights out while Novak still developing his ROS skills helped Fed earn the title. What also strikes me as evident were the shorter points (5 or less) involved in the match compared to their later matches. But as the narrator commented at the end of show, Novak would exact his revenge at the very next GS.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Remarkable how the very green & raw Serb had the Swiss on the ropes in the first set
I love the way Djoker tards try to downplay this Slam triumph by Fed. Djoker had already won 2 Masters (more than Stan has won in his entire life) and would win the very next Slam. Also Fed was going for 4-in-a-row USOs so you'd expect him to be a bit bored. But no, GOAT shows who's boss yet again.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Downplay? Who said anything about that when i gave full credit to the Swissman while stating the facts regarding Novak’s developing stage & pre gluten-free diet but you’re certainly correct that the Serb would go on to show who’s boss in Melbourne/AO before raising his confidence at the more homogenised USO. Btw, I enjoyed watching u heartily cheering on your man knowing full well coming in runner-up would have meant half the quota of doughnuts for u 😁.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts