Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 TT TB Method

MANAGER & PLAYER NOTES

For Set ratios to work they need be over a series of matches otherwise they have only a small chance of being decisive.

For each round the manager should decide on 5 SR (set ratio) matches and these should be numbered SR1 > SR5 with SR1 also being A PTS decider. This should be for every round unless its the Finals or Semis of TT in which case there would be only 3 or 4 matches for SR. These selected matches should be considered to be the most difficult to predict by the manager. However selection of matches chosen is at the Manager's discretion.

For every First Round of every draw all Players are to send PTS scores for all 5 SR matches. This will hopefully stop anyone winning or losing by ranking.

Example of listing Day's play by Manager :-

Henman v Kafelnikov
Coria v Kuerten SR1
Hewitt v Lendl
Nalbandian v Vilas SR3
Tursunov v Mecir SR5
Roddick v McEnroe
Blake v Conners SR2
Murray v Monfils SR4

Example of Tips sent by a player :-

(Winners name only plus PTS or SR)

Henman
Coria TB1 6-4, 7-5
Hewitt
Nalbandian SR3 2-0
Tursunov SR5 2-1
Roddick
Blake SR2 2-0
Murray SR4 2-1

SCORING NOTES

TB deciders will come into play in the event of both players tipping equal amount of winners in a round.

1. Player A SR1 v Player B SR1 > [Correct winner, Correct ratio](Correct ratio only used if both players have correct winner). If either player goes ahead they are declared the winner otherwise

2. Player A SR2 v Player B SR2 > [Correct winner, Correct ratio](Correct ratio only used if both players have correct winner). If either player goes ahead they are declared the winner otherwise

3. Player A SR3 v Player B SR3 > [Correct winner, Correct ratio](Correct ratio only used if both players have correct winner). If either player goes ahead they are declared the winner otherwise

4. Player A SR4 v Player B SR4 > [Correct winner, Correct ratio](Correct ratio only used if both players have correct winner). If either player goes ahead they are declared the winner otherwise

5. Player A SR5 v Player B SR5 > [Correct winner, Correct ratio](Correct ratio only used if both players have correct winner). If either player goes ahead they are declared the winner otherwise

6. New PTS Scores exclusive to TENNIS TIPPING

Correct order of sets for:

1 set – 1 point
2 sets – 4 points
3 sets – 7 points
4 sets – 10 points
5 sets – 13 points

Correct scoreline for:

1 set – 3 points
2 sets – 6 points
3 sets – 9 points
4 sets – 12 points
5 sets – 15 points​

7. CB1, CB2, CB3 etc

8. TB1, TB2, TB3 etc

Any queries please ask in this thread only otherwise they may go unseen ;)

[Amendment 01/06/07]
[Amendment 11/30/06]

Reactions: keqtqiadv

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Ace Loveforty
83,407 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Coria vs Kuerten TB1
Question:

I predict Coria in 2, you predict Coria in 3, but Kuerten wins in 2

what we'll do?
you win or go to SR2?

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Question:

I predict Coria in 2, you predict Coria in 3, but Kuerten wins in 2

what we'll do?
you win or go to SR2?

go to SR2 :) You need to get the exact SR

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
thanks for the thread:)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
do we gain some points for predicting right winner? ex. Coria wins in 2 I've picked Coria in 3, my opponet Kuerten in 2?

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to make sure,

I predict Coria in 3, you predict Kuerten in 3, Coria wins in 2

-> I win (because I had the right winner)?
Yeah :)

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do we gain some points for predicting right winner? ex. Coria wins in 2 I've picked Coria in 3, my opponet Kuerten in 2?
No extra points. SRs will only be used as tiebreakers. :)

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Just to make sure,

I predict Coria in 3, you predict Kuerten in 3, Coria wins in 2

-> I win (because I had the right winner)?
That was a bit confusing, cos you just said "You need to get the exact SR", but in fact the case is this:

In order to win in SR<N> you must get the ratio correct, where your opponent does not OR get the winner correct where your opponent does not.

:)

I know this has all been decided now, which is fine, but can I table a suggestion for the future? Before we go to "shootout style" SR1->SR2->etc, could the first step of the TB be "who has the most correct set ratios" and if that is equal then we go to the system above? Or was that discussed and dismissed?

·
Registered
32,166 Posts
For every First Round of a Main draw all Players are to send PTS scores for all 5 SR matches. This will hopefully stop anyone winning or losing by ranking.

Does this include challengers?

·
#freeviktor
93,847 Posts
I know this has all been decided now, which is fine, but can I table a suggestion for the future? Before we go to "shootout style" SR1->SR2->etc, could the first step of the TB be "who has the most correct set ratios" and if that is equal then we go to the system above? Or was that discussed and dismissed?
That's what I was really in favor of, but I guess the shoot out style was for "excitement."

I'd rather see who had the most set ratios right first out of the five and if that was tied then do shoot out. :shrug: But maybe that's too much.

·
#freeviktor
93,847 Posts
For every First Round of a Main draw all Players are to send PTS scores for all 5 SR matches. This will hopefully stop anyone winning or losing by ranking.

Is this really only for main draw matches? What about a first round of qualifying? Shouldn't this also apply there so that people aren't likely to lose there by ranking either? :) We came across this issue in Maui :p

·
#freeviktor
93,847 Posts
No blaming me :ras:
Of course not :hug: You managed how the rules told you to :)

We just should probably change the rules :p That's the whole point of testing something out anyway, finding little inconsistencies :p

·
Registered
32,550 Posts
Is this really only for main draw matches? What about a first round of qualifying? Shouldn't this also apply there so that people aren't likely to lose there by ranking either? :) We came across this issue in Maui :p
5 PTS TB's should have been used also for the quallies first round...

1 - 20 of 145 Posts