Mens Tennis Forums banner

2007 MTF Bandwagon Player of the Year?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Re: 2007 MTF Bandwagon Player of the Year?

I find it funny that it is the Bandwagon award and this is a Bandwagon poll with options all (other than Djoko) who have mainly come to popularity in the last few months. This represents the 2nd half of 2007, not the first.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts

It's clearly the Djoke. Nalbandian has always been hyped on MTF, almost as much as Safin.

Ferrer is 2nd.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

Nalbandian just leading this.

·
Registered
17,533 Posts

I'll go with Djokovic. His bandwagon, like himself, was consistent throughout the year. Nalbandian and Sampras caught fire a little too late for me to vote for either of them.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts

I thought that Sampras' bandwagon was the most ridiculous, which is why I voted for him.

At least Djokovic beat Federer in a real match. The 'Pics' bandwagon was the most amusing. The Rafa bandwagon, missing here, was the most quietly deadly, divisive into two parts: a) love Rafa, b) dismiss Rafa (perhaps that's two bandwagons - put them together and you have utter chaos).

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It's official that David Nalbandian is the Bandwagon Player of the Year and deservedly so, though if Djokovic won it would have been a fair result as well.

Nalbandian won it 51-50 over Djokovic. Djokovic was a solid consistent performer in the bandwagon stakes, but Nalbandian surged from nowhere in classic bandwagon fashion, that he is now seen as the benchmark, going to win multiple Slams, stop Nadal winning at RG.

All this from a guy who was deemed a fat, lazy bum who didn't care about tennis before October.

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
I dindn't know this thread, so that couldn't vote my David. :(
however he won. :(:D

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
Glad Nalbo won...although I could not vote :(

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
surprise surprise... i thought that Nole takes this... but many people hates him in this board

·
Your visions will happen
48,887 Posts
Bullshit.

I still think its Djokovic

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Could not be much closer.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts