Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year final was awful. The only match that had some interesting things to watch could be Blake - Youzhny, but wasn't that good.

Poor tie...

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Just bitter at a dominant victory by the hated USA. USA!!! USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!

Reactions: sonia

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I agree, boring tie. :zzz:

·
Registered
27,321 Posts
Never in doubt. The russian team was in shambles for this final.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
BooHoo an American won it is was the most boring/uncompetitive/Rude/Lucky/Etc. match ever played.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It wasn't USA fault, but still boring...

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
It was boring. Stopped watching during Roddick's match. :yawn:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Indeed, very boring, deserved win for USA but a shame the last two rubbers are dead ones. Not an exciting final at all....

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
That's Russia's fault. They failed to make it competitive.

·
Registered
26,831 Posts
what team would have played better against this USA team on their soil (mmmmh.. hard :lol:) in front of their crowd 15 years after they won DC? :shrug:

i don't like the result either, but i saw all 3 matches, our boys did everything they could (well, maybe tursunov was not as good as he should have) but americans were just crazy :eek:

expected win for americans :yeah: but russians were fighting and deserve some respect :worship:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Left the taste of flat champagne in my mouth....very dry. Where was Safin...he could have been there to support his team...Although I'm glad to see the US win...I just couldn't work up much enthusiasm for the match play.

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
In hindsight, it was unfortunate that Russia defeated Germany in the semis. A Germany-USA final in Germany would have been much more interesting.

But, of course, the USA fully deserved the title.

·
Registered
26,831 Posts
In hindsight, it was unfortunate that Russia defeated Germany in the semis. A Germany-USA final in Germany would have been much more interesting.

But, of course, the USA fully deserved the title.
the result would be the same, love 3 after 2 days... only difference and IF germany would not pick clay, there would be less sets decided by tb :p

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The Roddick match was very boring. Tursunov was stinking up the joint and all Andy had to do was push the ball back and wait for errors, which is just boring tennis. The Blake/Youzhny match was fairly entertaining....would have been better had Youzhny been playing well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts