Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
He hasn't played at all Mae, but he is just raring to go it seems (I just had a brief chat with him). Fingers crossed, he'll be back for the summer season and maybe sooner.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Fee said:
He hasn't played at all Mae, but he is just raring to go it seems (I just had a brief chat with him). Fingers crossed, he'll be back for the summer season and maybe sooner.
That's right I was getting him confused with Justin :banghead: :smash: I don't know where my mind is anymore :confused: Maybe I have already done too much posting here :crazy:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Actually, it has happened more than once that people confuse Jan-Mike and Justin, maybe even more so lately because of my association with both of them. On another tennis board one person even posted to congratulate Jan-Mike for qualifying for the Memphis draw last February (that was Justin of course). Funny thing is, they are almost the same age, share the same initials, and have been playing each other since they were about 12 years old, but they look nothing alike and play completely different tennis. Don't feel bad. :)

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Fee said:
Actually, it has happened more than once that people confuse Jan-Mike and Justin, maybe even more so lately because of my association with both of them. On another tennis board one person even posted to congratulate Jan-Mike for qualifying for the Memphis draw last February (that was Justin of course). Funny thing is, they are almost the same age, share the same initials, and have been playing each other since they were about 12 years old, but they look nothing alike and play completely different tennis. Don't feel bad. :)
:lol: At least I'm not the only person to confuse them. I know I have never seen Justin play. And I don't think I have actually ever seen JMG play, but his name has just always stuck with me for some reason :unsure: And, of course, you do post about them both. But at least I never posted a congratulations to the wrong player :eek:

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
*sighs* I hope he's back for the grass court season :sad: :)

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Not sure yet, and with his ranking I'm not too sure if he is going to make the trip to England anyway. Everything is so up in the air right now until he gets on court and has a full practice session. I think he is going to try to do that some time in the next 7 days. I am really beginning to miss having him on court, this has gone on long enough.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
How awful that JMG's body just won't hold up for him to play tennis :sad: I really wonder about players and their injuries. It seems like they all have some problems from time to time, but then there is someone like JMG who seems to have problems so much of the time with his health.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Saturn66 said:
Hope all of his injuries goes away. I miss watching him play. :sad:
I hope he gets well also because I'm still not 100% sure that I ever actually got to see him play :confused: His name for some reason just always seems to stick in my mind. I guess I just like the name. And now I don't know if I just heard/saw his name when he was playing more or if I actually saw him play :silly:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
If you saw him play, you'd probably remember it since he hits two handed on both sides. I don't think he was ever on TV in 2005 (well maybe a few points at the USOpen), so if you did see him it was back in 2004.

Anyway, he says he is going to be back on court some time in the next few weeks, so fingers crossed and I will update you if there is any news. :)

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Fee said:
If you saw him play, you'd probably remember it since he hits two handed on both sides. I don't think he was ever on TV in 2005 (well maybe a few points at the USOpen), so if you did see him it was back in 2004.

Anyway, he says he is going to be back on court some time in the next few weeks, so fingers crossed and I will update you if there is any news. :)
Thanks for keeping us informed Fee ;) And now I know I never did see JMG actually play because I don't think I have ever seen a man play two handed on both sides :eek:

·
Registered
696 Posts
^ I know Fabrice Santoro plays double handed on both sides. But still they're very different. JMG is more like a power player w/ big serves who likes to come into the net. :)

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Hello there! Welcome to MTF and to the Jan-Mike forum. What city in India are you from?

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Happy 29th Birthday Jan-Michael!

(now get your toukas back on court).

·
F***ing have it
17,470 Posts
Come back :tears:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
He is Alfonso, in the next few weeks. I'll let you know as soon as he tells me something solid. :)

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
JMG on his way back :D Great that he's had a rest... Hopefully his return will be successful!

81 - 100 of 133 Posts