Mens Tennis Forums banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
Sjengster said:
The competition? Just a wild stab in the dark here.
:scratch:
You would think that would be obvious, wouldn't you?

Competition, man against man battles on a physical but also on a psychological level (or woman against woman for that matter), passion, excitement,...
I enjoy the setting up of a point, the patiently constructing of the point, shot after shot, return after return and then, when the moment is right, when the opportunity is there... go in for the kill (so to speak).
Oh, I love so many aspects of this sport.

You call his tennis ugly. Fine. I have a different view on that. I call it exciting and fun to watch. :shrug:

I miss a whole lot of passion in your interpretation of the sport, MyskinaLova: it's too clean for me but hey, that's your viewpoint. Fine.

·
Banned
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Castafiore said:
:scratch:
You would think that would be obvious, wouldn't you?

Competition, man against man battles on a physical but also on a psychological level (or woman against woman for that matter), passion, excitement,...
I enjoy the setting up of a point, the patiently constructing of the point, shot after shot, return after return and then, when the moment is right, when the opportunity is there... go in for the kill (so to speak).

You call his tennis ugly. Fine. I have a different view on that. I call it exciting and fun to watch. :shrug:

I miss a whole lot of passion in your interpretation of the sport, MyskinaLova: it's too clean for me but hey, that's your viewpoint. Fine.
I just prefer classic, you enjoy Nadal's new school way of playing tennis. To each his own, paisano. :)

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Castafiore said:
Hardly.. There are two major categories of people who like Nadal..

a) The people from Spain/South America, for whom "the tennis"="clay tennis" because players from their country can do very little on other surfaces.
b) Girls, women and gay men who are simply overexcited about hot and pretty Latino boys.. :lol: That has very little to do with tennis too..

Classify yourself.. :lol:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
ys said:
Hardly.. There are two major categories of people who like Nadal..

a) The people from Spain/South America, for whom "the tennis"="clay tennis" because players from their country can do very little on other surfaces.
b) Girls, women and gay men who are simply overexcited about hot and pretty Latino boys.. :lol: That has very little to do with tennis too..

Classify yourself.. :lol:
Which one do you think I am, ys?

·
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
5,067 Posts
ys hates clay courters because it is against his narrow view on tennis.
If you are guy and you like Nadal then you must be gay. :retard:
Pathetic. Another childish Fed fan who has lost touch with reality.
Go worship at his altar ys and keep thinking about latino gay boy fantisies you seem to harbour.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Rafa = Fed Killa said:
Go worship at his altar ys and keep thinking about latino gay boy fantisies you seem to harbour.
I prefer Federer's game to Nadal's one easily. But not a fan.. :)

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
This is the essence of tennis and as the game grows the ways to do this will change. Clay court tennis allows this to be seen in all its glory but each surface brings a different challenge to the player and all have their good and bad points. It could be argued that if someone like Roddick could think and play his way through a clay court match his game would improve but that is a different thread and discussion.

Wooden racquets are advocated by those who can't get their minds around the new order of power, speed and finesse brought to women's tennis by the WS and men's tennis by Federer and Nadal. The American power tennis game exemplified by Roddick is not enough for us to dominate as we once did. And this is upsetting to some "traditionalists".

The shots being made now were unthought of during wooden racquet days and as technology improves more fantastic and different games will develop.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Rafa = Fed Killa said:
So everyone who dislikes Nadal is Fed fan? :shrug: No, Ys not a Fed fan, but a Safin's one :)

·
5,067 Posts
Ys :retard: is saying anyone who likes Nadal as a player and is male must be gay.
Can't get more childish than that and in my experiences at MTF mostly Fed fans go for name calling and other underhanded tacitcs.

·
Registered
24,792 Posts
please give nadal some credit, he could not win 10 titles only with luck and his speed :rolleyes:

myskinaLova said:
#5 - Rafael Nadal - This year was a bit of a fluke, many players simply did not know his game and he entered lots of tournaments got lucky players withdrew was left with the usual clay court suspects (i.e; ferrero, coria). He's somehow escaped players like Safin, Hewitt and Roddick. Roddick bageled him in NYC, Hewitt sent him home in Australia, Safin's height of 6'5" and tremendous talent would not struggle much with Nadal's moonballs.
Safin is much better on Grass, Hard, Indoors and he's not too bad on Grass when he applies himself. Federer fans never fear, if Roger doesn't handle him, then someone in The Top 5 will. :) -- My prediction is that he won't even be
consistent enough with all the top dogs back to even meet up with Roger.

·
5,067 Posts
MOSTLY Fed fans.

161 - 175 of 175 Posts