Mens Tennis Forums banner

101 - 120 of 175 Posts

·
Banned
3,208 Posts
Sjengster said:
In fairness, ys is not a "crazy Fed fan". In fact, he can be summed up best by paraphrasing your username: "ys = Clay Hata"

I'm secretly hoping we get a Muller-Lopez final at Wimbledon next year just to piss him off (long time readers of the great man will know exactly why).
Feliciano reaching Wimbly final ?? :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
:haha::haha:

Well, maybe if the remaining 127 players had a food poisoning...:scratch:

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
myskinaLova said:
#5 - Rafael Nadal - This year was a bit of a fluke
what a shit, can only come from a Federer fan? :retard: :eek:
what a "fluke" that Nadal defeated Federer with a big match and showed that Federer is average at best on clay as Nadal clearly controlled the whole match in Roland Garros and collected title all year
Nadal will defeat Federer many more times!

Nadal at #5 :lol:

if that is true, Federer is fluke since three years! :yeah: :rolls:

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Unfortunately for both of us then I think we've got a long wait. My hope that he'd contemplate a break from the game have been dashed after hearing his interview after the Murray match
Well, did you think he was going to say that beating Murray was the pinnacle of what he could achieve in tennis? :p For the record, I don't expect to see him with a 77-3 record beside his name at this stage next year. I hope he can remain at the top of the game, ie in the Top 5, for another three or four years and still challenge for the big titles, but I find it hard to believe that he can repeat his 04/05 seasons.

I'd settle for less consistency if it meant he could finally master clay (master as in win RG just the once, not as in go on a 30+ match winning streak on the surface).

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Sjengster said:
In fairness, ys is not a "crazy Fed fan". In fact, he can be summed up best by paraphrasing your username: "ys = Clay Hata"
A lie. Matches like Kafelnikov-Kuerten or Safin-Kuerten or Ferrrero-Kuerten were a pleasure to watch on clay.. And I am not even a Kuerten fan. But at least in those matches players tried to outplay each other rather than outrun..

·
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
5,067 Posts
Don't try and understand him Jogy.
He is not quite there.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Rafa = Fed Killa said:
Sjengster.
At least I don't call players girls or say others are on steroids.
Nor do I make excuses when a player I like loses (Unlike Fed fans)
Yes, you're not Jogy. But then I like to think that any half-sane individual who ever clicked on a thread in MTF is not Jogy, so no special plaudits here.

Your username is only going to encourage the suspicion of some Federer fans that a lot of Nadal supporters are hitching themselves to his bandwagon because they finally see someone who can beat Federer, ergo someone they can live through vicariously.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Galaxystorm said:
Feliciano reaching Wimbly final ?? :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
:haha::haha:

Well, maybe if the remaining 127 players had a food poisoning...:scratch:
Are you SURE you're not Deivid in disguise? It's uncanny!

·
5,067 Posts
Hey Sjgenster didn't many Fed fans complain when Nadal won that it was too dark and other excuses. Oh and some Fed fans say Nadal takes steroids. I see bashing on both sides, so don't try and make me into the only bad guy.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Rafa = Fed Killa said:
Hey Sjgenster didn't many Fed fans complain when Nadal won that it was too dark and other excuses.
other common exuses when Federer was whipped by Nadal
netcord helped Nadal
balls were to heavy
court was too much water
Federer had too many bad bounces

·
5,067 Posts
Fed fans couldn't grasp the fact their "god" lost to Nadal.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Believe me, when I see TenHound declare that Gasquet "technically" beat Federer in MC this year and that Roger's feet lost him the match against Nadal in Paris, I can see that there is idiocy on both sides.

The steriods rumour is rubbish that will always pop up whenever someone becomes dominant on clay with the physical effort that's required, although you can bet that like Federer or Agassi, a positive test for Nadal would receive little attention from the ATP.

·
Banned
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
ys said:
And I am not even a Kuerten fan. But at least in those matches players tried to outplay each other rather than outrun..
Thank you! You've made my point for me, Nadal's feet and not his strokes win him matches.

It's a pity that he chooses to play contra-tennis, as Federer would call it. :D

The likes of Suzanne Leglen(anyone that is a historian knows why I mention her in this list, talk about beautiful tennis), Rod Laver, Bjorn Borg & Pete Sampras would be disappointed with such ugly style of play and that is what I find most unappealing about his game.

It is plain ugly.

·
5,067 Posts
Hey AgassiDomination none of Nadal fans call our favourite "Jesus" "Ninja" and other insane nicknames.

·
Registered
148 Posts
AgassiDomination said:
I agree Fed fans overly psyche him up, but the same goes for Nadal fans. Both sides need to calm down :lol: :angel: :rolleyes:
Thats a problem with posters who blindly favour players and their looks more than the tennis.

·
5,067 Posts
Ouch :bigcry:

:D

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
myskinaLova said:
Thank you! You've made my point for me, Nadal's feet and not his strokes win him matches.
:lol: So what? Not everybody thinks that Federer's ugly strokes are more fun to watch than Nadal's speed, running and footwork ;)

Reactions: Mimi

·
5,067 Posts
Nadal = Energetic, Exciting
Federer = Sleepy, Boring

Reactions: Mimi
101 - 120 of 175 Posts