Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 100 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nadal is use to playing a more physical game than Fed, which is why he is the stronger player physically.
Which is exactly why Nadal was the tired one in the fifth set of their Nasdaq-100 final. :p

·
Registered
248 Posts
Jimnik said:
Nadal lasted a 6-hour match in Rome. I think he can cope.
Oh, I think he can cope fine. I was just taking issue with the idea that Nadal is physically stronger than Federer. There's not much from which to draw that conclusion.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Jimnik said:
Nadal lasted a 6-hour match in Rome. I think he can cope.
You don't consider comparing the effort of playing Federer to an effort of jerking the ball back and forth against that soft-hitting girl that he played in Rome, do you?

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Jimena said:
Oh, I think he can cope fine. I was just taking issue with the idea that Nadal is physically stronger than Federer. There's not much from which to draw that conclusion.
Maybe I phrased it badly.
I think his stamina has improved since Miami.
Physically, he has more muscle and runs more than Fed so I think he's stronger.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
ys said:
You don't consider comparing the effort of playing Federer to an effort of jerking the ball back and forth against that soft-hitting girl that he played in Rome, do you?
:haha: Well I guess I see your point.

·
Banned
3,208 Posts
Nadal is only 19, and at this age the stamina isn't completely developed yet .

Nadal has a very physical playstyle and if he doesn't learn to be less physical he won't have a career very long, because when his physical condition dies his tennis will die . For example Agassi can still play amazingly at 35 because he hasn't a physical playstyle, his playstyle is based on technical talent and Nadal on physical talent

·
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
5,067 Posts
Crazy Fed fans. :crazy:
Coria is not a girl, he made it to the RG finals last year. :bigclap:
Better than your "JesusFed" did. :rolls:
One of his fans are going to try to "ninja chop" me now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Federer will probably stay number one, with Nadal even closer behind. Nadal might steal him the first spot depending on his improvements.

Roddick and Hewitt, already unhappy to fight for the 2nd spot early this year, will fight next year for the 3rd one.

Safin will stay in the top 10 but will lag far behind. He has to defend a shit loads of points between his 2 TMS and the Australia open.

So my boy Gasquet will take the number 5 spot by going deep in some grand slam. Or even higher depending on the stuff I smoke.

Davydenko will go out of the top ten, coming back to top 20 where he belongs with Puerta in the passenger seat. Coria will be in the low top 10 with Nalbandian, Agassi will stay there by the skin of his teeth. And the last 2 spots will be for the surprise of the year, a teenager or some guy who will find himself in some grand slam final by surprise.

·
Banned
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
vincayou said:
So my boy Gasquet will take the number 5 spot by going deep in some grand slam. Or even higher depending on the stuff I smoke.
I agree that is a strong possibility, just didn't wanna jinx Richard. He's the man when it comes to all of the young guns!

·
5,067 Posts
Thanks Chloe.
They call it Karate Chop.
So Myskina is Fed going to karate chop Nadal next year at the French. :haha:

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Rafa = Fed Killa said:
Crazy Fed fans. :crazy:
Coria is not a girl, he made it to the RG finals last year. :bigclap:
Better than your "JesusFed" did. :rolls:
One of his fans are going to try to "ninja chop" me now. :rolleyes:
In fairness, ys is not a "crazy Fed fan". In fact, he can be summed up best by paraphrasing your username: "ys = Clay Hata"

I'm secretly hoping we get a Muller-Lopez final at Wimbledon next year just to piss him off (long time readers of the great man will know exactly why).

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Rafa = Fed Killa said:
Thanks Chloe.
They call it Karate Chop.
So Myskina is Fed going to karate chop Nadal next year at the French. :haha:
Given the nature of the surface and the match-up, I think any kind of Federer victory will be a slow death-lock rather than a karate chop. ;)

In a way I'm going to be glad when the Federer domination is over, it'll mean that people like you don't have to search quite so desperately for a stick to beat him with.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Sjengster said:
In a way I'm going to be glad when the Federer domination is over, it'll mean that people like you don't have to search quite so desperately for a stick to beat him with.
Unfortunately for both of us then I think we've got a long wait. My hope that he'd contemplate a break from the game have been dashed after hearing his interview after the Murray match :sad:

·
5,067 Posts
Sjengster.
At least I don't call players girls or say others are on steroids.
Nor do I make excuses when a player I like loses (Unlike Fed fans)

81 - 100 of 175 Posts