Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
myskinaLova said:
Coria will be back in 2006, as him normal self and will take back his title as King Of Clay.
Coria was never the "King of Clay". He was primed to become it. Then Gaudio ran by and stole his crown, pointed and laughed at him, and did a little dance. I guess you forgot that part.

·
Banned
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Chloe le Bopper said:
People who are older than 12 should really be above tampon jokes. Seriously.
It's not really a joke, it's just that I happen to be a member of society outside of the internet and it never ceases to amaze me that whenever I take time out to read over this board and/or contribute a post or 2 you are here whining, you are such a menstrual case. Gather yourself, get over yourself and keep your bitching to a minimum, please!

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
ys said:
I expect something like that indeed happen next year.. Except that I think that Safin will probably be above Hewitt.. And that I suspect that Roddick might be fighting with Nadal for #4-5.. Nadal will not have a very good year in 2006. His slump is inevitable.. Someone will challenge him on dirt and his points will drop.. And he has no game for other surfaces.. I do expect though that someone will do a davydenko next year and be a suprise Top 5-7.. Blake, Ginepri, Gasquet..
Would Gasquet *really* be a "surprise" top 5-7? I mean, like, to anybody who has been following the rankings? :shrug:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
myskinaLova said:
It's not really a joke, it's just that I happen to be a member of society outside of the internet and it never ceases to amaze me that whenever I take time out to read over this board and/or contribute a post or 2 you are here whining, you are such a menstrual case. Gather yourself, get over yourself and keep your bitching to a minimum, please!
Again, anybody older the age of 12 should really be above tampon jokes. Or menstration jokes. Seriously.

Not that I expect more.

At least when I tell somebody go masturbate, I'm working out of a junior high book of humour.

You failed to actually address my post, btw. And that's one of the many differences between you and I. I rip your stupidity to shreds and you pop a tampon joke in response. Probably because you couldn't hang with me if you tried.

·
Banned
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Chloe le Bopper said:
Again, anybody older the age of 12 should really be above tampon jokes. Or menstration jokes. Seriously.

Not that I expect more.

At least when I tell somebody go masturbate, I'm working out of a junior high book of humour.
Anything involving constant bleeding and mood swings could be used to basically sum up your general attitude, reading too deeply into everything and consistently whining.

Now, I guess you want to go back in forth like school children, fact of the matter is: You're mentally fragile and your psyche is easily affected, even by posts on a forum from a complete stranger.

I'm here to discuss tennis, not argue, once again: I reiterate, stop your BITCHING. Please! :D

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Chloe le Bopper said:
Would Gasquet *really* be a "surprise" top 5-7? I mean, like, to anybody who has been following the rankings? :shrug:

Yes, because getting to #10-12 is where doing well in smaller tournaments will only get you. To get to #5-7 area one needs to be making at least some last 4 of Grand Slams.. And that's where it would come as a surprise to me.. At least at this point.. I don't think he is physically ready to win 5 best of five matches at one tournament at this point..

·
Banned
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Chloe le Bopper said:
You failed to actually address my post, btw. And that's one of the many differences between you and I. I rip your stupidity to shreds and you pop a tampon joke in response. Probably because you couldn't hang with me if you tried.
There's no reason to respond to anything you've said, it's all been addressed in another thread or post. Do the research, one constant on this board that I've learned even in a short time is you making appearances & taking out your frustrations on random posters because they don't share the same viewpoints as you.

Hang with you ? Is this competition ? Hahaha. What a complete and utter joke you're making yourself out to be. My god, you're sick in the head. They have medication for your kind, they're called anti-depressants and work wonders.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
ys said:
Yes, because getting to #10-12 is where doing well in smaller tournaments will only get you. To get to #5-7 area one needs to be making at least some last 4 of Grand Slams.. And that's where it would come as a surprise to me.. At least at this point.. I don't think he is physically ready to win 5 best of five matches at one tournament at this point..
Fair enough. Who knows where he'll be 8months from now though :p

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
myskinaLova said:
There's no reason to respond to anything you've said, it's all been addressed in another thread or post. Do the research, one constant on this board that I've learned even in a short time is you making appearances & taking out your frustrations on random posters because they don't share the same viewpoints as you.
Your posts are bullshit and I expose them for what they are. And you respond with crock such as this:

Hang with you ? Is this competition ? Hahaha. What a complete and utter joke you're making yourself out to be. My god, you're sick in the head. They have medication for your kind, they're called anti-depressants and work wonders.
No, not as in competition, you imbecile. There is no competition, and that is the point. That is why you post crock like this instead of responding to my counterpoints to your bullshit.

That said, somehow it doesn't really surprise me that you are familiar with antidepressants. And that? Is a response to a point you made. You should try it sometime.

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
ys said:
The only "small" tournaments he has played this year are the challengers and Queen's and Nottingham. :lol: He got the bulk of his points from Monte-Carlo and Hamburg.

Having gotten over your ridiculous point on "small" tournaments, I do agree that he needs to improve on his fitness if he wants to go deeper into Grand Slams.

·
Banned
7,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Chloe le Bopper said:
Your posts are bullshit and I expose them for what they are. And you respond with crock such as this:

No, not as in competition, you imbecile. There is no competition, and that is the point. That is why you post crock like this instead of responding to my counterpoints to your bullshit.

That said, somehow it doesn't really surprise me that you are familiar with antidepressants. And that? Is a response to a point you made. You should try it sometime.
You're still not getting the point. :(

It's not that I can't respond, I simply choose not to acknowledge anything that you've said relating to tennis because after taking a remark regarding Henman/Murray out of context you've proven just how little common sense you have. Are you understanding this ?

You ... Are ... A ... Joke... With... An... Inflated ... Cyber ... "Ego" (based on really no grounds)

Frankly, I don't think there's a more emotionally disturbed and insignificant entity on this board. Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
silverwhite said:
The only "small" tournaments he has played this year are the challengers and Queen's and Nottingham. :lol: He got the bulk of his points from Monte-Carlo and Hamburg.
I should have phrased it better.. What I meant by "smaller" tournaments is , effectively, all best-of-three tennis.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
deliveryman said:
The only chance Rafa has at finishing #1, is if he wins the AO in 2006, and defends RG, along with his 8 other claycourt titles. Even then, I still don't think he'd finish #1.

Other than RG, Nadal's best shot at winning another slam is at the Aussie Open. He doesn't have a prayer in hell at Wimbledon nor the US Open.
That's the point I was making.
I believe he WILL win the Aus Open, he WILL retain Roland Garros and he WILL retain most of his clay titles - the important ones anyway.
More importantly, I believe he'll go further at Wimbledon and the US Open than he did this year.

I also believe Roger has just completed the best year of his career. He'll still be the fast court no.1 but he'll probably loose more than just 3 matches next year. Now that he's playing Davis Cup, he might have more physical problems next year whereas Rafa is much younger and is less likely to get any injuries.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Jimnik said:
I believe he WILL win the Aus Open, he WILL retain Roland Garros and he WILL retain most of his clay titles - the important ones anyway.
And I believe that Federer or Safin have much better shot at RG than Nadal has at AO.

More importantly, I believe he'll go further at Wimbledon and the US Open than he did this year.
It's not important at all, as long as he is nowhere close to winning it.

I also believe Roger has just completed the best year of his career. He'll still be the fast court no.1 but he'll probably loose more than just 3 matches next year. Now that he's playing Davis Cup, he might have more physical problems next year whereas Rafa is much younger and is less likely to get any injuries.
Drop you bias and think logically.. Nadal's tennis stretches him much more physically and psychologically than Roger's tennis stretches Roger.. Roger can win 80% of the matches with barely noticeable effort.. On hardcourts Nadal will have to spill his guts to beat even someone like Youzhnyi or Mathieu.. Nadal works harder in his 6:0 sets than Roger does in his 6:4 sets.. Nadal is much likelier to get injured or get into psychological slump than Federer, because his game requires much more of emotional and physical effort.

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
Why does EVERYBODY not just drop their bias here for just one moment and just wait and see what comes, shall we?

Talking about who is more likely to get into a psychological slump is logical? No, it isn't because we do not know these guys personally so this is just a matter of opinion and wishful thinking from some. So, to ask somebody to drop their bias and continue with their own level of bias is rather pointless to me...

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Castafiore said:
No, it isn't because we do not know these guys personally so this is just a matter of opinion and wishful thinking from some.
Attacking players very rarely get to a psychological slump. Like Sampras .. never did.. Defenders rarely have even two good years in a row.. Defending requires much more focus and mental energy. That is obvious..

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
ys said:
Attacking players very rarely get to a psychological slump. Like Sampras .. never did.. Defenders rarely have even two good years in a row.. Defending requires much more focus and mental energy. That is obvious..
it isn't as simple and as black and white as that and if you would just use that logic you were calling for, you would see that.

Sorry but it's foolish to speculate on a psychological slump about guys we don't know at all.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
ys said:
And I believe that Federer or Safin have much better shot at RG than Nadal has at AO.
Fine, that's your opinion.
It's not important at all, as long as he is nowhere close to winning it.
It is important. He can gain many points by just doing a lot better than in 2005.
Drop you bias and think logically.. Nadal's tennis stretches him much more physically and psychologically than Roger's tennis stretches Roger.. Roger can win 80% of the matches with barely noticeable effort.. On hardcourts Nadal will have to spill his guts to beat even someone like Youzhnyi or Mathieu.. Nadal works harder in his 6:0 sets than Roger does in his 6:4 sets.. Nadal is much likelier to get injured or get into psychological slump than Federer, because his game requires much more of emotional and physical effort.
Bias? What bias?
I'm not a Nadal fan nor am I anti-Federer.
It doesn't matter which game "requires more emotional and physical effort". Nadal is use to playing a more physical game than Fed, which is why he is the stronger player physically. The point is that Fed has had a couple of injury scares this year when he had to withdraw from events. Nadal only withdrew when he was tired - like Hamburg. I believe that the younger player will have a fitness advantage.

61 - 80 of 175 Posts