41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
12,941 Posts
Spain :rocker2:

·
Registered
55,432 Posts
of course spain :rocker2: iza,but romania :spit:!!:bigcry:!!

Reactions: Galaxystorm

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medialibrary/pdf/original/IO_18045_original.PDF
Croatia begins title defence in Graz

Croatia will begin the defence of its Davis Cup by BNP Paribas title with a trip to Graz for its World Group first round against Austria. Slovak Republic, the 2005 runner-up, also faces an away tie in Rancagua against Chile.

The full list of venues for the first round of the 2006 Davis Cup By BNP Paribas World Group, to be played the weekend of 10-12 February, is as follows (subject to final confirmation by the ITF):

Austria v Croatia
Schwarzl Freizeit Zentrum, Graz, AUT
clay - indoors

Argentina v Sweden
Parque Julio A. Roca, Buenos Aires, ARG
clay - outdoors

Belarus v Spain
Football Manege, Minsk, BLR
carpet - indoors

Switzerland v Australia
SEG Geneva Arena, Geneva, SUI
clay - indoors

Germany v France
Gerry Weber Stadium, Halle, GER
hard - indoors

Netherlands v Russia
Amsterdam RAI, Amsterdam, NED
carpet - indoors

USA v Romania
La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, La Jolla, CA, USA
hard - outdoors

Chile v Slovak Republic
Medialuna de Rancagua, Rancagua, CHI
clay - outdoors

For further information, visit www.daviscup.com.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Does anyone goes to Belorussia?
I wonder which sector is for spanish fans? Dont wonna cheer for armada in the middle of belorussian crowd)))))

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Go into the Forum of one of the Spanish players and the fans there I'm sure will be able to tell you the best place for you to be :)

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Nathaliia said:
any ideas of the names for the teams :shrug: :confused:
I think the deadline for the first round ties isn't til after the AO....

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
My guess for the U.S. team is Andy Roddick, James Blake, and the Bryans twins. Don't quote me on that because it is just a guess on my part.

·
85,829 Posts
Agassi has suggested he might be interested. PMac will pick him over any of the young guys (except Andy) any day.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I don't know if P. Mac would want to take a chance with Andre's health right now. I guess he could take Andre and then have James for a back up in case Andre's health problems returned?

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Xmanfan said:
let's hope we get a home tie whoever we draw! Haven't been at home since playign Thailand 3 years ago. I'm hoping for Serbia so Murray can play Djorkovic in Glasgow!

Glasgow would be cool. Do they have a suitable tennis arena there, or would they have to manufacture one?

Also, what other places have GB used for spring grounds? I assume Wimbledon wouldn't be ready that early in the season.

·
Registered
830 Posts
When I see this draw I still think it's a pity Belgium isn't in it. I really think they have more potential then some of these teams. (I might be a little biased ;) )
But they always have really tough 1st rounds or play-off's... :(

I really hope we can make it to the wolrd group again this year and have a good 1st round draw next year :p

·
85,829 Posts
Mae said:
I don't know if P. Mac would want to take a chance with Andre's health right now. I guess he could take Andre and then have James for a back up in case Andre's health problems returned?
That's not quite feasible. The captain can only name four guys to the official team. Because we have the Bryans, we can only have two singles players. So if it were to be Andre and he were to get hurt, Bob Bryan would have to play that singles match. But Andre is professional enough so that he wouldn't commit to playing DC if he weren't confident in his health being OK. They talked about it on air a few days ago and PMac sounded nonchalant about Andre playing, so I will assume it'll be either James or Robby in that second spot. The deadline to nominate is the Tues. after the AO I believe, so we will find out then. Of course, those four players can be changed until an hour before the draw, so he could name one person and depending on what happens in Delray, if one guy were to go out and win it like crazy or something, he could change his mind last minute.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Yes I know P. Mac can only name 4 for the final team. But what I meant was like if he named Andre early he could tell James to stand by in case Andre realized before the final naming of the team that he couldn't play then he would name James in Andre's place. But I doubt that will happen. I have felt all along that the U.S. Davis Cup Team would be Andy, James, and the Bryans. They did well in Belguim together and they all seem to get along well with each other so I think he will keep the same team.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts