Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both out in the first round this year. Both in straight sets. I guess two years make quite a difference, particularly in Ferrero's case.

Does this deserve a thread? Probably not.

I watched the very end of Ferrero's match live and he looked lost. Trying to come to net near the end but getting passed easily by the flashy Clement. Many wasted opportunities on service and return. I don't think he had any kind of game plan.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Talk about depressing!
I still have a tape of the 2003 final, which I've been watching a lot this year to try to make comparisons. But now, I think, it will just depress me to see how good they use to be and probably never will be again - at least in JC's case.
JC was world no.1 and Andy became world no.2 - unbelievable times.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jimnik said:
Talk about depressing!
I still have a tape of the 2003 final, which I've been watching a lot this year to try to make comparisons. But now, I think, it will just depress me to see how good they use to be and probably never will be again - at least in JC's case.
JC was world no.1 and Andy became world no.2 - unbelievable times.
At least Roddick has his perennial Wimbledon final and Mickey Mouse title. ;) Meanwhile Ferrero has made just one Round of 16 in his past seven Grand Slams.

Who ever would have thought that his best result at a Slam in a calendar year would come at... Wimbledon?! The surface that generally suited his game the least. Well that's the case in 2005.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
I think Roddick also has time on his side. Juan Carlos will be 26 next year, Andy is only 23.
But age isn't an excuse. There are many older players who have beaten JC this year. I'm just not sure if JC has the attitude to get back to the top 10.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts