·
Registered
212 Posts
Roger! Me & Roger! Me & Monica :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
"You win some, you lose some"

That's what Andy said on the question if he was happy with his preformance at the Australian Open.
"I lost in the first round in singles and well that was pretty tough. It's always hard to lose but if it's against such a great player like Lleyton I'm ok with it."
But Andy has won his second consecutive grand slam doubles final with his partner and good friend Roger Federer.

Both men gave everything they've got in the 3 set thriller against newcomer James Blake (first event) and his partner Jan-Michael Gambill.
"I've had harder matches at the Us Open last year with 14/12 in the third but this one was pretty hard to! I don't think that we would have won this one without the experience we've gathered during our partnership."
Roger Federer had double succes with winning the singles championships in a great battle against Israelian Alex Corretja.
"Yeah, I'm really happy for Roger, I mean he has worked harder then ever to get at this level. He had a bit of a down a while ago but I kept saying that he can do better! And this Australian Open he showed us how good he can play!"

Another final for Andy in doubles? Yes, as in the last grand slam (Us Open) he reached the final in mixed doubles. This grand slam turned out otherwise.
"Second final for me and Monica in 2 events, I don't think we should complain! Besides, we don't get the chance to play often so we tend to make as much fun out of it as we can. I'm lucky that both me and Monica are eager to win! I mean that we can have fun but still be serious. That's a very important element in our partnership."
Both Americans lost to Keurten and Dokic in a 3 set battle.
"We could have won, the first set tiebreak loss was our own fault but at the end Gustavo and Jelena were just too strong, and I do think they deserved to win this grand slam. Gustavo has shown how much class he has and he played awesome today so there isn't much to blame on myself and Monica."

·
Registered
258 Posts

101 - 105 of 105 Posts