Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Welcome guys to the first ever FATP Grand Slam Event, US Open Championship. After with only two tournaments to warm up, the players begin their quest to capture the first Grand Slam title. The players that have journey to New York are all capable of winning the first and the last Grand Slam of 2002. Whoever comes out as the newest Grand Slam champion, without a doubt it will be rightfully earned. And whomever wins this prestigious championship will have the chance to dethrone the first rank, Andre Agassi.

Of course the pressure will all be in the first seed, Andre Agassi. The top seed will have the pressure of trying to consolidate his spot at top. Earlier, she was the finalist of TMS Canada and quaterfinalist of TMS Paris. He will face a difficult task in encountering either Mario Ancic or Leo7 in the second round. Ancic of Croatia is should provide a good challenge in th second round. Expect the No 1 to make it at least the first week, but any further is a question of his devotion to the game.

The second seed of Argentina , Franco Squillari started the season on fire, claiming his first FATP title. Last week, he lost to the eventual winner Roger Federer in TMS Canada. The no 2 seed will have a tough road ahead of him if he wants to leave home with the heavy hardware. However, whether or not he can contain his nerves will be a serious question, not to mention the dangerous opponent he will face in the second round, Nicolas Escude or new FATP Player, Lleyton Hewitt.

The No. 3 seed had in a major slump, winning only one out of his three matches. Gustavo Kuerten is danger of being the second round casualty, facing either Belgian Olivier Rochus or the veteran, Pete Sampras of USA. However, don’t let the early week’s loss fool you, perhaps it was a blessings in disguise.

Speaking of casualties, Tim Henman will not only have to face the demons of recent poor play but also the American crowd. The No 4 seed, is in a dangerous slot of draw, facing his former double partner, Carlos Moya in the second round. If he can get pass through him, the young rookie, Andy Roddick will probably wait for him for a spot in semi final.

There are a lot of dark horses and floaters in this tournament who can find their breakthrough here. Maybe it will be the TMS Canada champion, Roger Federer, who has risen to his highest ranking of No 5. Or maybe it would be the Asian rising star Paradorn Srichaphan who had shown pretty good results so far. Whatever the next two weeks hold, be prepared and welcome to the 2002 US Open Championship.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
2002 US Open Championship Singles Main Draw

(1)Andre Agassi vs bye
Mario Ancic vs Leo7
Juan Carlos Ferrero vs bye/wc
(7)Paradorn Srichaphan vs bye

(6)Andy Roddick vs bye
Joachim Johansson vs Flavio Sarreta
Thomas Enqvist vs Carlos Moya
(4) Tim Henman vs bye

(3)Gustavo Kuerten vs bye
Olivier Rochus vs Pete Sampras
bye/wc vs Marcelo Rios
(8)Alex Corretja vs bye

(5)Roger Federer vs bye
Mikhail Youzhny vs Marat Safin
Lleyton Hewitt vs Nicolas Escude
Bye vs (2) Franco Squillari

2002 US Open Championship Doubles Main Draw

(1)Roger Federer/Andy Roddick vs bye
Mikhail Youzhny/Max Mirnyi vs Marcelo Rios/Olivier Rochus
bye vs Franco Squilari/Paradorn Srichaphan
(4)Mario Ancic/Carlos Moya vs bye

(3)Andre Agassi/Gustavo Kuerten vs bye
Marat Safin/Thomas Enqvist vs Nicolas Escude/Flavio Saretta
Tim Henman/Lleyton Hewitt vs Joachim Johansson/Pete Sampras
bye vs (2) Alex Corretja/Juan Carlos Ferrero

2002 US Open Championship Mix Doubles Championship Main Draw

(1)Andre Agassi/Steffi Graf vs bye/wc
Franco Squillari/Eleni Daniilidou vs Juan Carlos Ferrero/Tina Pisnik
Max Mirnyi/Lindsay Davenport vs Paradorn Srichaphan/Angelique Widjaja
(4)Gustavo Kuerten/Anna Kournikova vs Mikhail Youzhny/Dinara Safina

(3)Andy Roddick/Monica Seles vs Lleyton Heeitt/Kim Clijsters
Joachim Johansson/Jaslyn Hewitt vs Tim Henman/Elena Dementieva
Marat Safin/Daniela Hantuchova vs Alex Corretja/Jennifer Capriati
(2)Roger Federer/Martina Hingis vs Carlos Moya/Justine Henin

:)The seeds are based on the combine ranking of singles and doubles.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:kiss: Please send in your points by Friday through PM (Atp world or even WTA world) or email me at [email protected] or even MSN me.

:kiss: Please post your doubles team by this Friday or else I will choose for you at random and send in your points by Saturday

:kiss: Please post your mix doubles team by Saturday and send in your points by Saturday

:kiss: There will be a change of points the moment your player reach Quarter final. Please take note!

:kiss: For those who lose in the first round or second round will have the chance to play at the other tournament that will start as soon as Sunday!

:kiss: Please state clearly if you want to use the same points for the double or mix double event.

:kiss: New players will still be put in the Main Draw

:) Have fun all and Good Luck!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Federer/Roddick
Federer/Hingis

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hewitt/Henman
Hewitt/K. Clijsters

BTW: Felix, your PM box is full so I send Lleyton's points to your emailadress

·
Registered
212 Posts
Roddick / Federer confirmed
Roddick / Seles

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry.. :eek: :eek:
I'm not sure why my PM box is full while there are only 8 msg there? :confused:

Anyway i've deleted some..

Once I again, sorry for the inconvenience,
Felix

PS : O.Rochus - Jippo sumthing

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
jouissant said:

Sampras is available for doubles. :)
Cool! :D :D Sampras/Johansson for doubles then? :)

Would you rather you sent the points, or I send the points, or we work something out together? Anything's OK with me. :)

Oh yeah, Felix, for the mixed doubles draw.... errm....Johansson will play mixed doubles with Jaslyn Hewitt! :eek: :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thomas Enqvist is added ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Peedy said:

Cool! :D :D Sampras/Johansson for doubles then? :)

Would you rather you sent the points, or I send the points, or we work something out together? Anything's OK with me. :)
How about you send the points this time and I do next time? :) Whatever points you think appropriate is fine with me this week; no need to confer on it.

:angel:

1 - 20 of 136 Posts