Mens Tennis Forums banner

601 - 618 of 618 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
1347:

(text [in case tweet disappears]: Eugene Lapierre:”Federer is a tennis maniac. His agent Tony Godsick told me that recently, before one of his matches, he sent messages of support to the Swiss team 14 years and under who participated in an international competition!He follows everything, absolutely everything.”)

·
Registered
4,069 Posts

From the AO final result thread (missed it then, so I guess it's good to have it bumped from time to time :lol:):

To pull that out at *1-3 down in the fifth with the tennis that he did, the oldskool brilliance off both wings, against the guy whose terrored him and made his life a nightmare throughout his career.... this is undoubtedly Roger Federer's greatest victory. Congrats :yeah:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
1351 : He is the first player to win 20 slam in BO5 format
1352 : he love his supporters and thankful for their support ( Fed might never forget the roar after 1st hold in 5th set)
1353 : He care every singleslam even after 20 in his pocket and cherish them like his first
1354 : he shows age is just number
1355 : even when his top weapons are't working ,he still can save the day with his diversity
1356:his will power to not give up and love for game is far bigger than the disappointment of 5 years

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
1365: Sweet 16! :angel: ATP Fans' Favourite... 16 years in a row! :bigclap:

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
#1369: Federer on losses and more:
https://twitter.com/TennisChannel/status/1161732976687759360

Transcript of reply (from ATP website):

“In the juniors maybe I felt bad sometimes, just because I did. Don't know why,” Federer said. “Afterwards, I guess it's part of the business. You want everybody to do well, and that's why I'm generally happy when somebody does well, because not everybody can attain whatever it is [they are aiming for], but what you can attain is the best of yourself.”

“I think probably if you ask a lot of the guys on the Tour, they'd say, ‘I probably did much better than I expected’, because the dream is, of course, to be Top 100, Top 10, World No. 1, winning tournaments and all that stuff. But to be able to make a living from what you wanted to do, I think that's the cool bit,” Federer said. “That's when sometimes it gets a bit rough. All of a sudden you achieve your dream and you have been told you're terrible because you didn't win so-and-so. You're like, ‘Okay, you know what? Get lost. I don't care what you say.

“You've got to do what you can do best and make yourself proud, your family, your country, whatever it is. And in tennis, very quickly, take another sport, but if you're [the] No. 100 best player or athlete or whatever of your sport, you're a champ. In tennis you say, ‘Oh, he's just 100’, and I disagree with that.”

601 - 618 of 618 Posts