Mens Tennis Forums banner

Should we run 2 seperate events each week in UTT?

• YES- I'd rather 2 seperate champions, and options to play

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • NO- it's fine with everyone in the same event

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
9,928 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would vote for 2 events but for the same tournament, one being ATP event and other being Challenger event. Please, have a look at this thread:

https://www.menstennisforums.com/40751598-post23.html

Another thought would be to have 2 events and the 2 winners of the week on Sunday would play against each other on Monday/Tuesday the week after to be elected the winner of the week. This would mean both would be exempted from the first round of the next tournament.

·
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would vote for 2 events but for the same tournament, one being ATP event and other being Challenger event. Please, have a look at this thread:

https://www.menstennisforums.com/40751598-post23.html

Another thought would be to have 2 events and the 2 winners of the week on Sunday would play against each other on Monday/Tuesday the week after to be elected the winner of the week. This would mean both would be exempted from the first round of the next tournament.
Interesting thoughts, that link seems broken, so I can't get the jist of what you are meaning though.

I'm guessing you mean 2 events used in the same thread and send for both? Not sure, more info and ideas needed :grin2:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Interesting thoughts, that link seems broken, so I can't get the jist of what you are meaning though.

I'm guessing you mean 2 events used in the same thread and send for both? Not sure, more info and ideas needed :grin2:
Copy/paste hereunder then from my post in "Discussion thread for 2019 season" :grin2: If we are less than 64 per week, then no need for "Future" tournament. The 2 events (ATP, Challenger) would be on the same thread ... such as what we had in Sydney and Brisbane with 2 main draws:

Here are some ideas after brainstorming with myself ... about how to make this game more attractive (especially once you have lost).

I was thinking about having tournaments per category:

- The 32 best ranked players after AO who commit would be selected in a Major UTT tournament (250 or 500 points awarded for the winner).
- The ranked 33-64 after AO who commit would be selected in a UTT Challenger tournament (100 points awarded for the winner).
- If more players commit, they would play in a UTT Future tournament (30 points awarded for the winner).

Each UTT tournament would be based on same Order of Play with main draw first round on Monday/Tuesday, second round on Wednesday, QF on Thursday, SF on Friday and Final on Saturday/Sunday.

- 16 Winners of first round of UTT Major tournament are qualified (if they commit) to next UTT Major tournament.
- 16 Losers of first round of UTT Major play against each other in second chance draw on Wednesday. 8 Losers will play next tournament in UTT Challenger tournament.

- Quartefinalists of UTT Challenger tournament are qualified to next UTT Major tournament.
- 16 Losers of first round of UTT Challenger play against each other in second chance draw on Wednesday. 8 Losers will play next tournament in UTT Future tournament.

- Quartefinalists of UTT Future tournament are qualified to next UTT Challenger tournament.

If a player does not commit for a given week, he will be replaced by another player from a minor tournament (best player not qualified). For example, if a player from Major tournament is not committing, the best loser of second round of previous week in Challenger tournament will be promoted to Major tournament. The player not committing is automatically relegated to lower level (Future tournament if more than 64 players or Challenger tournament).

This rule applies to events with 32 players per tournament (knockout format). In case of event with more than 32 players (Grand Slam, Indian Wells, Miami) with a different format, this division tournament will not count.

So, to make it short, if you win 2 matches in a row, you are promoted to upper level of tournament. If you lose 2 matches in a row, you are relegated to lower level of tournament.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts