Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, it was a good set up to the tiebreak where blake played like crap, but...

- roddick is under the impression that everyone's backhand sucks as much as his (only 1 second serve to blake's forehand)

- blake is, as we would say in croatian, "umisljen"; he thinks that he is the best in the world and constantly criticizes himself for making ues of impossible shots which i find to be extremely cocky

:angel:

·
Registered
887 Posts
agreed completely on the second one. i watch him and he looks like he's trying to be hard on himself as if to say "i'm not playing well" when he really is. if he looks upset, he has less to lose. they'll say- blake overcomes emotions and bad play to win or blake comes out flat and loses.

but the first one-- andy should be keeping the ball to blake's backhand... it sux in comparison to his forehand.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is Norm Chyrst accepting sexual favors from various players? This makes two matches this tournament where he's overruled in favor of someone in an obvious mistake! Obviously Coria and Roddick have been giving him some incentive... the ATP should investigate this pronto!

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
What I find weird is that Roddick made the hand gesture that the ball was out (the first one overruled by the umpire)...while it was obvious from Shot Spot that it's way in.

Blake completely lost his mental composure in the 2nd set.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Andy made that hand gesture because he must have really thought the ball was out. Andy is cross-eyed, remembeeeer! Come on guys!

Seriously though, it was way in, and ruled out, and the second ball ruled out that James complained about was way out and he thought it was in. People see things. But since there is no shotspot, I wish people could be a bit more tolerable of that. I'll never understand why people have to dwell on this, I mean, such is life. You whine if it's not in your favor and you don't if it is. Nobody is bad people!

As for Andy's hand gesture, like I said, the boy is cross-eyed. Haha! But he would never be malicious to his own good friend you know, especially if he is up a set. That second set was too meodramatic for me. Cry me a river

btw, croat, it's just killing you that Andy is doing so well, ain't it? I love it, I love it!!! :angel: :devil:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Re: Re: 2 comments on roddick-blake (first set)

Gonzo Hates Me! said:
As for Andy's hand gesture, like I said, the boy is cross-eyed. Haha! But he would never be malicious to his own good friend you know, especially if he is up a set.
I'm not convinced.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Everyone but Blake and the linesman thought that ball was out, it looked out to me, and then somehow it was way in on shotspot. The ball looked like it was either just out or on the line, there's no way it could have been in by that much. Blake even said later he wasn't sure if the ball was in or out, he was just mad about the overrule. Is it possible that the shotspot was showing a different shot when it should have showed that one?

Maybe a system malfunction.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
...so it can copy the WTA?

·
Registered
26,225 Posts

Gaudio Troll said:
It's possible, but I like my theory better. The ATP needs a juicy scandal...
No, what the ATP needs is an absence of fans who think that the ATP needs a juicy scandal. ;)

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
The ATP is actually about the tennis. ;)

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Of course I know. I was playing along.

But u just ruined it. :eek:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts

Gaudio Troll said:
I'm so sorry! God, I'm such a screw up! :sad:

:sad: :sad:
:hug: It's not your fault that you're such a screw up. Just blame your parents. ;) That's what I do.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts

Gaudio Troll said:
Everyone knows I was, you know, JOKING... right?

Perhaps I need to add a disclaimer?!
Some people just can't take a joke, SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH! :banghead: Hahaha

1 - 20 of 28 Posts