Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JUST unbelievable! Salvatore had double match point by 5:4 40:15 lead on serve in 3d set (lost only 4 points on serve before 5:4 lead and lost serve!!!). Borna lost serve by 4:4 ou by double fault (by 30:40). Salvatore was 5:2 lead in 3d set's TB but Borna won next 5 points and closed this GREAT native battle!

It's normal as it's native italian!!! in Rome. I think It's not shame having nice battle with italian in Rome even if he is only 380 in ranking.

Borna always had been battles with Top 400 players although):D:D:D:cool:

But Borna won it and he is BEST in MGs!

Hope not only young serverbots will be on screen in Rome!!!:)

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
Saved 2 match points. Should have never been this close, but at least he showed up when it was necessary. No way he could beat Lajovic playing on this level though.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Borna has the heart of a lion :worship:

I wonder how much Borna knew of his opponent before the match? Probably not a lot I'm guessing. Unlike Borna, there wouldn't be much to find on the interwebs for Caruso. Doesn't have a coach either until Nice who can do the scouting, strategy and whatever :sadface: Borna was probably problem solving on the run while still finding a way to win when he couldn't find his game :)

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
so coric tards delighted again when coric wastes 2 hours too much in saving MPs against local club runner up. that's how you make world #1 and multiple slam winner

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I wonder how much Borna knew of his opponent before the match? Probably not a lot I'm guessing. Unlike Borna, there wouldn't be much to find on the interwebs for Caruso. Doesn't have a coach either until Nice who can do the scouting, strategy and whatever :sadface:
The other day was because of his dad being in the crowd, now this :lol: I don't think every player in the world has a full-time coach who analyses all his opponents. And it's not so difficult to find, there is a 22min video in YT and you can look for past matches in the Livestream ATP channel.

Stop looking for excuses, the guy is talented but that is pure delusion.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The other day was because of his dad being in the crowd, now this :lol: I don't think every player in the world has a full-time coach who analyses all his opponents. And it's not so difficult to find, there is a 22min video in YT and you can look for past matches in the Livestream ATP channel.

Stop looking for excuses, the guy is talented but that is pure delusion.
Well, no excuses needed.
Just a simple explanation: he's 18 years old.
Let me repeat that - 18.

The biggest difference between hard-nosed vets, who play tennis to keep their children happy and pay off their mortgage, and inexperienced youngsters is - consistency. That is the biggest difference between the junior level and the pro level. And you don't make that transition in 9 months or 12 months.

Today Borna needs 3 sets to defeat Caruso, tomorrow he'll beat Dull, and on Monday he'll lose to a #300 mug. That's just the way it goes.
But five years down the road, these type of players will shit their pants when they have to play him, and beg him for an autograph, and tell their grandchildren about him.

I'm not even exaggerating, it's an easy prediction.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
WTH? No one is celebrating with a champaign bottle here, it was a bad match and we all know it, no one is saying otherwise. Stop trying to bait people into arguments, and then turned around and blame "coric tards" for hyping and making him relevant.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
68,088 Posts
well a win is a win. well done

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
WTH? No one is celebrating with a champaign bottle here, it was a bad match and we all know it, no one is saying otherwise. Stop trying to bait people into arguments, and then turned around and blame "coric tards" for hyping and making him relevant.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Exactly. Borna played badly, but fortunately he won, and we hope he can add another victory today to enter the main draw. No hyping here.

·
Registered
11,765 Posts
so coric tards delighted again when coric wastes 2 hours too much in saving MPs against local club runner up. that's how you make world #1 and multiple slam winner
Great champions find ways to win even when they are not playing their best. If you actually watched tennis instead of trolling on here, you would know that. ;)

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Yes, because barely beating Caruso at the age of 18 proves that he will never be #1. :haha:

I'm not saying he surely will, but your post just makes no sense at all, as usual.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts