Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excerpted from my first post, on wishes for this season: "Haas at the TMC where he belongs (this means no more drawing Federer early or getting sick/injured)".

I am now forced to include no more first round losses to the likes of Karlovic and Monfils. You had 93 points today, Tommy, and Monfils had 93. That means you weren't playing the big ones right. That means I don't believe it was an injury. It was mental. Just because you had a run of bad luck that cooled off your hot streak doesn't mean you freeze up when you finally get a decent draw. Bad.

Federer once again not playing up to standard in the first round and creaming his opponent...keep it up, Ninja. Rebooting your erstwhile "Don't play Federer on a Sunday" invincibility would also be nice, but hopefully you have a couple more shots to get it right before RG. Thank you for not being one of today's upsets.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I thought the new haircut would've been a sign of him having sorted out his mental problems. At the start of 2006, it really looked like Haas had started a new life on tour, playing with confidence and determination, and adopting a "top 5 player" mentality. So yes, these losses are sooo disappointing. Get it together Tommy!

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it was. But now it's growing out again, and he's slipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts