Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One good thing about TTC getting involved in slam coverage is they're able to show some classic matches. I hope they decide to show more in January.

All times EST
December 9th 7:00 PM - 1982 Navratilova vs. Evert
December 9th 10:00 PM - 1995 Sampras vs. Courier
December 16th 7:00 PM - 1993 Seles vs. Graf
December 16th 10:00 PM - 2005 Safin vs. Federer
December 23rd 7:00 PM - 2002 Capriate vs. Hingis
December 23rd 10:00 PM - 2000 Agassi vs. Sampras

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Thanks for this information.
I dont have the channel in tv.Any posibility to see on the internet?

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Can't wait to see Federer/Safin. Have never seen it, but always heard it was a great match. :worship:

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
this match was interesting to watch. Sampras allowed courier to pin him in the bh corner and pete's second serve seemed a little ordinary compared to the way people hype it up on this forum.

sampras made a ton of volley errors.

great fight from pete to win this match though.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
This is one of the few Sampras matches i really enjoyed :)

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
this match was interesting to watch. Sampras allowed courier to pin him in the bh corner and pete's second serve seemed a little ordinary compared to the way people hype it up on this forum.

I didn't see that match, and I missed it last night (I don't visit MTF much so I didn't see this thread :sobbing: ), but I hope it's replayed again.

'00 AO SF was so boring.

And I only watched the first set of Federer/Safin before. I kind of didn't like that that much either. :tape: What DO I like?

Anyway, thanks.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts

Sampras serve steadily got better as he got older; a big part of the reason why he followed them both into the net later into his career much more often. First two sets volleying wasn't that great, and he never was as naturally gifted as say Edberg or McEnroe up there but it's something he worked hard at and he came up with the top stuff when he needed it.

Serving aces while basically sobbing, vintage Sampras.:hatoff:

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Sampras serve steadily got better as he got older; a big part of the reason why he followed them both into the net later into his career much more often. First two sets volleying wasn't that great, and he never was as naturally gifted as say Edberg or McEnroe up there but it's something he worked hard at and he came up with the top stuff when he needed it.

Serving aces while basically sobbing, vintage Sampras.:hatoff:
very true.

As he got older he served harder and better but also lost a bit of footspeed. With sampras, its hard to identify when his "prime" really was.

I remember him playing against federer in 2001 and slamming 136 mph first serves and 121 mph second serves. But perhaps lacking the same footspeed he featured as youngster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts