Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
so you really think federer is gonna play til 35 or something? i don't think there's much truth to that article. what if he wins in beijing and equals pete's record this year (which is more than possible)? you think he'll play another 10 years (!!)?

nah, this just won't work. plus roger's not worth that much, as harsh as it may sound; he doesn't reach half as many people as agassi has during his days.

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Atleast 4ys and 7 years max,throw in some injuries would be around there you would think!!Incredible money these days,just unbelieveable!!His grand kids and soo on wouldnt have to work,how unfair is that!!

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
what do you mean? you wanna tell me there are more people on this planet that know federer than agassi? come on.
I don't know actually... Nike knows Federer will probably end his career as the best sportsman ever... Agassi's not even in the top 5 in his specific sport... They won't be in the league :shrug: :)

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
what do you mean? you wanna tell me there are more people on this planet that know federer than agassi? come on.
Yeah I mean federer's like... swiss you know...

More seriously, I doubt Nike would be paying him more than Agassi if he wasn't worth more to them, they're not really big on spending more money than necessary

·
Registered
446 Posts
so you really think federer is gonna play til 35 or something? i don't think there's much truth to that article. what if he wins in beijing and equals pete's record this year (which is more than possible)? you think he'll play another 10 years (!!)?

nah, this just won't work. plus roger's not worth that much, as harsh as it may sound; he doesn't reach half as many people as agassi has during his days.

You talk as if you did a poll, believe me u r plain wrong......the guy has a huge following, Many people who hardly followed tennis b/w 95-2004 are watching again...I am telling this based on my friends community and my family.....because they want to know wats all this fuss abt a guy named roger federer.....His fan site alone has 153,000+ registered members....

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
32-33 years is about right,its not Golf!!Will Tiger Woods be the Greatest of all Sportmens in past n future since he can go alot more years and achieve more,also the field his up against!!

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
You talk as if you did a poll, believe me u r plain wrong......the guy has a huge following, Many people who hardly followed tennis b/w 95-2004 are watching again...I am telling this based on my friends community and my family.....because they want to know wats all this fuss abt a guy named roger federer.....His fan site alone has 153,000+ registered members....
Rrainer = Im just a jealous guy :rolleyes:

·
Registered
446 Posts
YES. U talk as if agassi is more popular than sampras......dude pete was much bigger than agassi.....I understand u r an agassi fan, but sorry....

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I don't know actually... Nike knows Federer will probably end his career as the best sportsman ever... Agassi's not even in the top 5 in his specific sport
since when does that matter? it's about the marketability, not the money (think of roddick regarding career achievements earning way more than roger annually off endorsements). roger's not a flashy person, let's face it, and that's what it all boils down to when it comes to deals. phillipoussis would still easily outdistance davydenko if he was still on tour concerning income.

·
Registered
446 Posts
since when does that matter? it's about the marketability, not the money (think of roddick regarding career achievements earning way more than roger annually off endorsements). roger's not a flashy person, let's face it, and that's what it all boils down to when it comes to deals. phillipoussis would still easily outdistance davydenko if he was still on tour concerning income.
DO you think roddick earns more money than roger of endorsements...lol...I understand that theres no point arguing with u....Gillette must be dumb to pick roger along with tiger and thiery...they should have asked ur advice....i assume tiger woods is a flashy person then......

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
well, tennis is down in the states. big factor.

tennis isn't really high in germany, canada, brazil, russia, italy, great britain, india or china. what for would you sign roger to a lifetime contract? to market him in switzerland and serbia?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts