Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i suppose i should write something here since it is my birthday. not that i feel like it, too tired and too *sigh* the highlight of my day was laughing at the thread Jiat started for my birthday and i have no doubt that it will be the only thing good that happens today. i really should have saved it for the end of the day :eek:

28 is a sad birthday for me in a way. I remember my mom turning 28 and i don't even have a kid at 28. 10 years ago i was 18 and had the world in front of me, i had hopes & dreams of jobs, kids & marriage. Now reality has set in - working a minimum pay job and needing to get another job to make ends meet, a failed marriage, no kids and no hope. Everyone keeps saying that i'll get a better job but i won't. My qualifications are the same - not jack squat. I'm only qualifed to do land. arch & greenhouse work. No one in their right mind is ever going to hire me in land. arch., i have no experience and have been out of college for 4 years. greenhouse work is hard work in hot conditions at minimum wage that is only seasonal work so no benefits.

sorry i'm so grumpy, i was hoping that someone at work would atleast feel sorry enough for me to ask me to go do something but no, no body gives a shit if i sit here alone all day. i keep trying to make friends but i'm just not any good at it. The only friends i have are thousands of miles away.... i'm sorry, i'll shut up now

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
awwwwww :hug: Happy birthday :bdaycake:

Don't apologize for venting - you gotta get it out. I don't think there's anything wrong with not having kids yet, my mom was 35 when I was born, it's different now than it used to be i think, people are waiting.

But I understand, I'm 23, and my good friend is pregnant and I'm a little jealous of her that she's found a husband and has this great life at 23. You just gotta keep plugging along and keep doing what's best for YOU. I have faith everything will turn out great for you :D

Hope you have a good day. :drink: here's to you for many many more healthy birthdays :)

·
Burned-out Safin fan
18,127 Posts
Nicki, so sorry that you're feeling bad on your birthday :awww: :hug: :hug:

Don't be so negative. Maybe someone would hire you in land arch even if you are unexperienced. Keep trying and show you're motivated. I can't say anything better than Deb already said so i'll shut up now.

Best wishes for the future! :hug:

G

·
0 Posts
deb's said everything ;) as she always does lol... so :hug: glad i managed to cheer you up a teensy weensy bit :D

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
hey, Nicki ... chin up babe :hug: ... so, you're 28! that's cool (you should try being an old wrinkly 31 year old!! :eek: :lol: ) ... with regards to jobs, bf's, kids, etc etc - now is not forever, it's just now ... the important thing is that you feel that you deserve more, and so you shall get it ... me thinks 2006 is gonna be a big year for you, girl, so batten down the hatches and get ready!!!! :woohoo:

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Nicki. :hug: Sorry I wasn't around yesterday to tell you this :eek:

First of all, Happy Birthday!!!!!! to the awesomest giwaffey in da universe. Be happy and loved :kiss:

Second, beginings are tough, no matter who you are and what you can do. Just hang in there. :hug: It will get better, you'll see :) :hug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts