Mens Tennis Forums banner
41 - 60 of 263 Posts
Re: 08TMS: Stop#1 IndianWells

:sobbing:it was so close, and I've just read that he had 2 match points:sobbing:
I only watched the 1st set and the beginning of the 2nd set because it was 1am and I was sleepy...
It's too bad he didn't win the 1st set because he had 5 or 6 break points:(...
well, better luck in Miami Mario, ajmo!!!

Nooooooooooo :sobbing:

My friend had to text me the scores towards the end of the match because I was on the train to work. It was so gutting, so close yet.. :hysteric:

Good job on reaching the third round Bambi :hug: keep on picking up those ranking points!

I was at his 2nd round match (apparently I was caught on camera since I was sitting in front of his coach). I have photos, but I haven't really gone through them. I just got home (it's almost midnight), so I will go through my pictures tomorrow and post a few of the best ones for you.

This was a good match, but there is a slightly funny story about it... I was watching the Haas-Roddick match from a suite on Court one but I left as soon as it was over to go to Mario's match. I finally got a seat and reached into my bag for my camera when I realized I had left it in the suite. I asked the woman next to me to save my seat, waited for Mario to break Gonzo, then ran as fast as I could to get my camera. By the time I got back to my seat, Mario had already been broken but he started to play a little bit better when I got there. I refused to take pictures because he wasn't playing well. As soon as the 3rd set began, I took out my camera and Mario started to play really well. The woman next to me said he was just waiting for a reason to show off! :lol: I put my camera away when he was serving for the match and he got broken, so I took it back out again and he finally finished it off.

His coach and trainer were so happy for him, they shook our hands after the match too. :)
:lol: He sure could have used his lucky charm last night. Thanks a lot for the story and for the 'coming soon' pics :D :hug:

I tried to watch the match last night. Managed to see the first set and a bit of the second (3-1 mario) and then I just fell asleep on the couch :sad: And when I woke up it was 5-5 in the third and they had switched to Hewitt vs Youzhny :( So I went to bed cause I couldn't keep my eyes opened. I guess it was for the best. I think I would have popped a blood vessel had I seen the MPs Mario had :sad: Oh well, this is good :D He is gathering points and gaining confidence. He'll do great in Miami, I'm sure. Ajmo! :rocker2:

:wavey: I don't think I've posted here before but im a huge mario fan :lol:

The commentators on my tv just said that since Federer had a walkover yesterday, he played a one hour match on the outside court with Mario :) I wonder why Mario is still in IW :scratch:

HELLO SHARON! :D

He might've arranged to travel down to Miami with some other player who was still in the comptetition..?

Or the commentator just got his players wrong :p

Hi jitterbug! I don't know your real name :lol:

I would hope Justin Gimelstob wouldn't be getting the players wrong :p I'm just surprised he wouldn't leave a little earlier to get used to the conditions in Miami

Re: 08TMS: Stop#2 Miami

Mario will play in the third match on Thursday on Court 1 ;) after Hrbaty vs Gulbis :drool:

Lost the second set 6:7(2) :(

Ajmo Mario!!!

Mario Ancic (WC) def Gilles Simon 6-2 6-7(2) 6-3 :worship:

I like Gilles but Mario :rocker2: the Karate Kid's comeback is on track so far.

41 - 60 of 263 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.