Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1204 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, now that grass season is over, let's move on to the US HARD COURT!!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:banana::banana::banana:

---ROG'S SCHEDULE---

Aug. 6, 07
Rogers Masters Montreal

Aug. 13, 07
Western & Southern Financial Group Masters Cincinnati

Aug. 27, 07
US Open

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Re: *** 07 US HC SEASON "I believe in Blake, Berdych, and Youzhny." THREAD***

Hey, now that grass season is over, let's move on to the US HARD COURT!!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:banana::banana::banana:

---ROG'S SCHEDULE---

Aug. 6, 07
Rogers Masters Montreal

Aug. 13, 07
Western & Southern Financial Group Masters Cincinnati

Aug. 27, 07
US Open
What do Blake, Birdman and Misha have to do with Roger's HC season? :scratch:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Oh sorry.
Was it not obvious?
What do you think they have in common?

Okay okay.
If it doesn't make sense, or nobody's laughing, then I'll change the title.
What should it be?

·
Registered
6,789 Posts

Oh sorry.
Was it not obvious?
What do you think they have in common?

Okay okay.
If it doesn't make sense, or nobody's laughing, then I'll change the title.
What should it be?
Oh I see. Isn't that a negative way of looking at Roger's HC season? I am sure that if Roger were to meet Nadal during the summer HC season, he will beat him. He doesn't need help.

How about, "I believe in fast courts and low bounces" ? ;)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Oh I see. Isn't that a negative way of looking at Roger's HC season? I am sure that if Roger were to meet Nadal during the summer HC season, he will beat him. He doesn't need help.

:D
Of course, it's meant to be a joke!
Too bad we can't put smilies in the title.

If I get couple more negative responses, I'll change the title to yours. :D

·
Registered
4,922 Posts

if we are talking about the #1 ranking...it isnt. Feddy cant win everything, and what he doesnt...nadal has a nasty habit of picking it up

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

if we are talking about the #1 ranking...it isnt. Feddy cant win everything, and what he doesnt...nadal has a nasty habit of picking it up
Yeah, I hope and believe that Roger will defend his titles in US.
Also very interested in what Nadal comes up with this time.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Nadal is not going to have another dry spell. I really hope Feds takes a wildcard at Indy because he can't afford to be off for 4 weeks anymore. He needs to keep the momentum of his new found serve and work on his average looking FH of late.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
If he wins his 4th USO, I'd put it this achievement up there with 5 W. But like NYC said, he has to find his fh first.
Agree. If he does win the USO this year, it will mean:

--For the third time he would win three slams in a year. It would mean he would have 3 of the 6 seasons where it happened. Laver's was in a time where he only had to play a few players and played 3 out of the 4 on grass, and Connors did it in a time with fewer good players and the AO a weaker field. By modern standards, Wilander's is the only one that is comparable with higher standards of competiton and the Slams being played essentially on 4 different surfaces.

--4 straight USO's would be a record.

--He would be only the 2nd player to win 2 different slams 4 times in a row. Borg won Wimby 5 times in a row and RG 4 times in a row. Federer would win 5 Wimby's and 4 USO's.

--He would get to his 10th straight final

--He would get to 2nd place by himself on the Open Era all-time list for # of Slams won.

--He would do the Wimby/USO back-to-back for the 4th straight time, far and away the record.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Already talking about the next hurdle? let's celebrate Wimby's achievement at least for one more day:D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nadal is not going to have another dry spell. I really hope Feds takes a wildcard at Indy because he can't afford to be off for 4 weeks anymore. He needs to keep the momentum of his new found serve and work on his average looking FH of late.
Considering he hasn't played much this year, this may not be such a bad idea.
Are the courts in Montreal faster than Toronto?
Rogers Cup was playing painfully slow last year.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I think he needs to add a tournament or two. Nadal is aiming for number one - he's actually going to play on clay now?? The hard court season is coming up!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think he needs to add a tournament or two. Nadal is aiming for number one - he's actually going to play on clay now?? The hard court season is coming up!
Nadal is playing on clay before US HC?
Oh well.

The Indy begins in two weeks, doesn't it?
That seems a bit too soon, considering all the grind he went through since the beginning of the clay season.
Then again, all other players are doing it, so why not?

If he doesn't play before Montreal, then I hope he will work himself into form and win as many matches as possible at Montreal and Cincy.

In terms of his ranking points, I didn't think much of it back then,
but those two losses to Canas seem to have done some real damage.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Agree. If he does win the USO this year, it will mean:

--For the third time he would win three slams in a year. It would mean he would have 3 of the 6 seasons where it happened. Laver's was in a time where he only had to play a few players and played 3 out of the 4 on grass, and Connors did it in a time with fewer good players and the AO a weaker field. By modern standards, Wilander's is the only one that is comparable with higher standards of competiton and the Slams being played essentially on 4 different surfaces.

--4 straight USO's would be a record.

--He would be only the 2nd player to win 2 different slams 4 times in a row. Borg won Wimby 5 times in a row and RG 4 times in a row. Federer would win 5 Wimby's and 4 USO's.

--He would get to his 10th straight final

--He would get to 2nd place by himself on the Open Era all-time list for # of Slams won.

--He would do the Wimby/USO back-to-back for the 4th straight time, far and away the record.
Wow, Fed never plays a Grand Slam without breaking or equaling some record! :lol: Good luck, Fed. :)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Nadal is stupid if he plays on clay again this year. Yeah it's easy points but overplaying could cause injury again. I'll believe it when I see his name in the draw.
Oh, please. Nadal is never injured when it comes to playing on clay. Only when he's losing on HC. And the more he plays to get there, the more he'll have to play to stay there.

Of course, he's desperate to get to No. 1. I'd love for him to get to No. 1 because it will be fun watching him convince himself he's not the favorite.

What's the earliest Roger could possibly lose his No. 1 rank? I'd like for him to at least finish out the year at No. 1 and then let the chase begin.

I know Roger cares about being displaced as No. 1 but at this stage I really don't, as long as he keeps winning those Slams and racking up the total to get past Pete.

Also I think it would take a lot of the pressure off him on and off the court. Maybe without the burden and expectations of being the No. 1 player in the world, he'd actually be able to relax at RG. And watch the pressure and expectations pile on Rambo's shoulders.

Hey, why isn't this thread a sticky? I almost missed it.

1 - 20 of 1204 Posts