TOKYO 2020 SUMMER OLYMPICS
Ariake, Kōtō, Tokyo, Japan
Games of the XXXII Olympiad - Tennis
Date: July 24 – August 1, 2021
Venue: Ariake Tennis Park
Surface: Hard (DecoTurf), Outdoor
Draw Size: 64M
1) No commitments are necessary for the tournaments. Simply post your picks in the thread.
2) To play this game, you will post a full predicted draw for the tournament, including all winners in all matches of all rounds. REMEMBER TO PICK FOR THE BRONZE MEDALIST AFTER YOUR GOLD MEDAL WINNER! Add your username or a part of it in the first line of your draw to help me avoid errors.
Here is a sample of what your picks should look like just in case you are new to the game:
3) You must post your full prediction before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck.R1 Sidion
Credit: Sidion, FITD Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympics 2016 Gold Medalist
4) Every player can replace his/her draw only once per tournament whatever the reason of replacement.
If you are changing picks, you must post your picks in a new post. No editing posts under any circumstances. Any edited post will NOT be counted. No exceptions.
7) Scoring goes as follows:
The points you receive will be based on the round points for the tournament. For each player you predict correctly into the second round, you receive the round points for a first round victory, and so on. Refer to Post #3 for more information.
8) The tiebreak rule is to go by how many correct picks the players had in each round, (for example)
1. # of correct Final/Gold picks
3. # of correct SF (Gold & Silver) picks
3. # of correct Bronze picks
4. # of correct QF picks
5. # of correct R16 picks, etc.
and if the players are still tied after counting each round, they will remain tied.
9) RULES ON MEDAL TIES. If after the tiebreaker players remain tied in the podium, all competitors are entitled to receive the appropriate virtual medal according to IOC rules:
- If a pair of players tie for the first-place, they receive a gold medal, no awarded silver, and the bronze is awarded to the runner-up.
- If three or more tie for the first-place, they all receive a gold medal while silver and bronze are not awarded.
- If two or more players tie for second-place, they are each awarded a silver medal and there is no bronze given out.
- If multiple players tie for third-place, they are each awarded a bronze medal and gold and silver are awarded as per usual to the first and second-place finishers.
10) PLEASE REMEMBER:
-When you post your picks, please list ONLY the winners of each round. DO NOT have 'Player1 d. Player2' as it will make the manager's job much easier
-No spacing between rounds! If your draw doesn't look like everyone else's, you've probably done it wrong.
-Please copy from the main draw posted in Post #4 of this thread. This will ensure that the chances of making spelling mistakes are kept to an absolute minimum.
If you fail to follow the rules and guidelines of this game, you risk your draw being discarded.
For more info, please feel free to visit the FITD forum in the Games section.