Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
First victory of JMDP over a top 10: beats Robredo 6-7 6-4 6-3

I know many of you guys don't like Boredo, but this was a very good match from both men :hatoff:.

Delpo really has talent. Today he actually stepped it up on the important points and was able to close the match. He also used his first serve very effectively, not so much in number of aces, but in terms of free points, easy putaways and dominating the rallies. He was broken only once and faced just 2 bps.

May be these wins will give him confidence and he'll start being mentally stronger. Otherwise, he'll be another Nalbandian or worse. Btw, he's playing Nalbi next.

The exodus of TMC hopefuls continues.

Last but not least, Delpo hit what surely is the best shot of the tournament and one of the best of the year, an unreal lob on the run between the legs. Hopefully someone will upload it to youtube.

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Re: First victory of JMDP over a top 10: beats Robredo 6-7 6-4 6-3

Wow :speakles:

I can't beleive he won :eek:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts

thanks Del Potro :worship:

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Re: del Potro def. Robredo 6-7(4) 6-4 6-3

whoa. Did Tommy play really REALLY badly or something? DelPo isn't exactly known for taking out top ten players.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts

wtf??
Tommy. :haha:

JMDP kept on retiring in his last few matches but all of sudden won two matches. :eek:

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts

Anyone want to go to Shanghai?

Anyone? :shrug:

Good match from JMDP

Dumb tactics from Robredo in sets 2 and 3 - trying to hit through Del Potro. Bad move.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Del Potro was on fire. Amazing tennis. Boredo played very well too. I'm so glad I was able to see this. This was the best match of the tourney so far.

·
29,768 Posts

Well done JMDP and the cheat stays out of the top 8. Haas is in there at the moment, but can anyone left pass him this week?

·
Banned
3,123 Posts

Officialy Robredo may be top 10, but we all know that he is not a real top 10 player.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts

JMDP played pretty damn good all match.

First set was aweosme from both. That was JMDP bringing his game and being bettered but then the Pony carried on whilst Robredo's level dipped.

·
Registered
10,605 Posts

Delpo played extremely well and didn't choke. He deserves full credit for this match, regardless of his shaky physical and mental shape in other matches.

·
29,768 Posts

Del Potro was on fire in second and third set. Amazing tennis. Boredo played very well too. I'm so glad I was able to see this. This was the best match of the tourney so far.
Boredo played well, and lost to a better man. That's how it is when he loses.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts

I feel sad for Robredo.

This was for the most part a good match. But, Robredo lost his script during this match. Del Porto played a very good match and deserves to be congratulated........especially when considering that he lost the first set.

Again the BYE strikes. I don't think the top players having byes at masters events is a bonus or advantage. Too many top players went out today. And that is mostly in part to the fact that they faced good opponents who were not playing their first match on the court.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Great job, JMDP!!! :hatoff:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts