Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
A delicious bagel has been served to Anderson, mmmmmm mmmm on to set 2!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Anderson is fighting back. Please don’t get broken Roger.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
phew into the semis, and a battle against a youngster...

·
Registered
965 Posts
Jeez both sets were quite enjoyable in their own ways. Set 2 reminded me of last year's choke job from Federer. But the fact that he got through it unscathed gives me confidence that this year is not going to follow the trend. A thing that I am positive about is the fact that Federer's not having those huge mental walkabouts which he had day in day out last season. He's been able to turn it around fairly quickly.
As for tomorrow, I think Shapovalov has a huge chance. He has the firepower to hit through Federer and a huge serve to boot. And Federer's not faced him before. I think Denis might take the match. I for one hope Federer wins. But something tells me otherwise. Anyways hope to be wrong as I have been countless times.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Ugh, I missed it... even with the rain delay I ended up working too late. I opened a livestream at work when it was 3-1 in the second, then decided to switch to the Shapovalov match since he was serving for the match. When that was over, I switch back and it's 3-3!! :eek: I went home because I realized that if I stayed at work to see if he could end it in 2, then if he loses the second set I'm probably stuck at work watching the 3rd set and it could go quite late. By the time I got home he'd won it in 2 sets, but I was more relieved than annoyed that I didn't get to see it.

Sigh... and Friday is my worst day for staying late.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Good thing was I didn’t get that sinking feeling when he was broken in set 2. All in all I’m hopeful for the SF

·
Registered
965 Posts
As for tomorrow, I think Shapovalov has a huge chance. He has the firepower to hit through Federer and a huge serve to boot. And Federer's not faced him before. I think Denis might take the match. I for one hope Federer wins. But something tells me otherwise. Anyways hope to be wrong as I have been countless times.
Looking like an idiot predicting a close affair with Federer going on to lose. Been a blemish-less performance from him. But pretty disappointing from Shapovolov....

·
Registered
965 Posts
First time since 2006 that Federer's in the finals of Dubai-IW-Miami. Just hope Federer plays one last good match and gets to #101. Would be travesty if he gets to lose another M1000 final.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Saw the last 6 games, Roger looked really good.

I don't want to be greedy, but I really hope he doesn't lose another final. C'mon Roger, one more! :cheerleader:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Saw the last 6 games, Roger looked really good.

I don't want to be greedy, but I really hope he doesn't lose another final. C'mon Roger, one more! :cheerleader:
Ever since that Albot match,he has been playing really well...probably best he has played since 2017....he is also playing much more patient now & also returning well...For a change, I am optimistic about the final

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
So happy Roger is in another Masters final, but I will be doubly disappointed with the sunshine double if he cannot take victory here. He needs to make up for letting IW get away from him.

Now lets up that first serve percentage and get ready for the missiles!

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Good start, opens with breaking Isner & holding. 2-0. :cheerleader:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
peRFect start 2-0

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Double break :)

I wonder how many times in his career Isner has come back from a double break down? Won't be many :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Roger breaks isner three times and wins the first set 6-1! :bigclap:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
this is special 6-1

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Come on, Roger, let's finish this! :cheerleader: