Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
9,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“I knew Roger would step up to the plate when there were discussions on the prize money of the Grand Slams a while ago,” Gilles Simon told L’Equipe.

“But the impression I have is that we lost him on the way, that the representation of the players does not matter to him. If there is a voice that carries, it is his.”

Gilles Simon on Novak Djokovic

He further voiced out regarding Novak Djokovic’s Adria Tour debacle. “I tell myself that Novak is trying to tackle complicated issues in the interest of the players in general. And I was bothered by this story of the Adria Tour because, by making a huge mistake, all this work fell apart,” he said.

“It’s a ‘media game’ that wants that. After the errors with Adria Tour, all his (Djokovic’s) work is reduced. It is easy to say: ‘Never listen to him again!’ now for the media.”

“I see Djokovic like any human being, with his strengths and flaws. But with Roger Federer, we only talk about his strengths. With Novak – only about his flaws,”

·
Registered
12,675 Posts
Well the Western media has always preferred the Franco-German Swiss to the Byzantine Djokovic, the Ottoman Djokovic. And even the Moor Nadal

We've known this for a while
The funny thing is that probably Federer is not entirely with a western blood, if you take a look at his face. But yeah, they are ready to follow him blindly.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
I don’t care about his roots but only that the next major after WB that’s canceled officially makes him Frauderer possessing Asterisked Records for Life.

·
justice for all
16,233 Posts
By the style of play Djokovic is an upgraded version of Simon so I’m not really sure which one is talking or are they actually one person?

·
Banned
930 Posts
By the style of play Djokovic is an upgraded version of Simon so I’m not really sure which one is talking or are they actually one person?
Not funny. There are still reasonable people around who do not eat the common trash that is proclaimed. They rethink both sides.
Djokovic is a good man.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Simon is as tireless nutlicking Novak as retrieving junk balls from the baseline. He never has enough of either.

(LoL at the absurd censorship)

·
Registered
21,900 Posts
I'm patiently waiting until a player finally calls him Frauderer

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Everybody knows who Federer is and what he stands for. And Federer himself knows exactly who he is.

Djokovic doesn't know who he is, hence the need for gurus and frauds.
Yep, Federer is the biggest cash-cow, on the way to his first billion $, so, the interest of lower ranked players comes after his own and the financial interest of ATP, ITF, sponsors,TV houses.

As for finding the truth about one's real nature, admitting that you don't know is a very good thing.

·
Your visions will happen
49,203 Posts
The funny thing is that probably Federer is not entirely with a western blood, if you take a look at his face. But yeah, they are ready to follow him blindly.
Yes he is African but they don't always talk about that part

Everybody knows who Federer is and what he stands for. And Federer himself knows exactly who he is.

Djokovic doesn't know who he is, hence the need for gurus and frauds.
On the contrary. I feel Djokovic knows exactly who he is. That's why he feels the freedom to express his opinions no matter how much the mainstream Western media disagrees with him. Djokovic cannot even sit down to meditate or eat a vegetable or talk about his childhood or do anything without haters jumping on every word

Let the man be

1 - 20 of 46 Posts