Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always a good match up. Fancy Murray to take this one. Murray in 2 to keep the streak going.

Let’s go!

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Just had a look at live rankings and surprised Murray still dosen't make top 100 if he wins this, goes in at 102.

Murray in 3, two tie breaks.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Murray has slayed Raonic so many times in big tournaments in the later stages, including Wimby final, Raonic definitely seeks to exact revenge on his tormentor here. You get a sense Raonic resents Murray, at least I got that vibe reading his segment in the Facing Andy Murray book.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Raonic for me.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Murray to control the pace of Raonic's attack and get the win

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Raonic to win after losing 8 matches in a row against Andy.
He beat Andy last time at IW in 2014 and Murray played horrific match vs Vesely round before. Easily one of the worst matches I have seen in last decade. Although that Murray was still moving much better than this one and Raonic definitely isn't worse than his early 2014 version.
So anything other than Raonic in 2, would be a huge surprise for me.

Reactions: MWW

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Raonic won’t play like a total clown at times like Zverev did so Murray will need to play better than today if he wants to win this. Raonic is looking good so far so unless he decides to bend over, he’s prob gonna take this.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Raonic should be the favorite, but I think murray will play slightly better here, rattle raonics serve and eventually take the win. I say AM in 3.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I would be surprised if Murray won this. Very surprised. Based on what I've seen from both players in this tournament and from Murray in the exhibition matches in the UK the past few weeks I really have to say he's playing well, but is limited and barely getting it done. I don't see him maintaining a high level vs Raonic for the majority of the match and I think it will cost him. It just seems like he has to push himself to the absolute current limit to have a chance. Raonic should win this.

·
Registered
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have to say I am quite surprised to see Raonic made such favourite going into the match.
It’s disgusting and ridiculous. I remember last time MTF made Botnic favourite against Murray...USO 2012 was a great lesson. I foresee something similar tonight.

·
Registered
20,497 Posts
Raonic in 2.

·
Registered
20,727 Posts
The Canadian Bot in 2.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Murray to send the long-legged Canadian northward.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts