61 - 80 of 792 Posts

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
This is make it or break it time. :help:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Nice comeback in tiebreak Richard! :D He was down 3-6 with Igor serving for second set.

Tough match to start things off this season, but win is a win.

Allez!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Bravò Richard!!:bigclap: But no more heart attack for your lovely fans!!It's just the beginning:smash:

bye bye

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
:lol:
Yeah, 'nice' win! :lol: But I guess Igor was as pathetic. :eek: :eek:
Or simply nice to give Richie the win. :D :angel:

·
Registered
772 Posts
was he fiery red richard or the cool blue one?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
everything was ok till 6-3 5-4 serve for richard and then DFs:bolt:

relieved that he managed to come back in TB being down 3-6, great fight and good win that will give him confidence for hisnext match.
Way to go richard.Make them respect you.:armed:

·
Registered
191 Posts
i was fortunate to watch the match courtside, and despite the hiccup leading to the second set tie-break, it was quite impressive. to see gasquet exuding such positive and confident body language was much improved from the last time i saw him in the US summer season. even with his cold, he was still keeping himself pumped up, which was good to see. he was even trying to do that when the crowd was a little quiet, which was quite funny and cute to see and hear.

hmmm, but at the same time, he tended to get a little cross with things too easily. but overall, the more confident gasquet is emerging....and it's very attractive!

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
i was fortunate to watch the match courtside, and despite the hiccup leading to the second set tie-break, it was quite impressive. to see gasquet exuding such positive and confident body language was much improved from the last time i saw him in the US summer season. even with his cold, he was still keeping himself pumped up, which was good to see. he was even trying to do that when the crowd was a little quiet, which was quite funny and cute to see and hear.

hmmm, but at the same time, he tended to get a little cross with things too easily. but overall, the more confident gasquet is emerging....and it's very attractive!
Was his bh solid? Is he still standing 50 feet behind the baseline?

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
:banana: great start to the year! Allez!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
thank yu tami for this positive report of the match. :)

I agree with you "the more confident richard is,the more excellent he is;)

how was his forehand?any improvement?

·
Registered
191 Posts
yeah, his backhand was pretty consistent and versatile as usual, when he chose to use it. i think he's trying hard to improve on his fh, or feel more comfortable with it, so he did that equally too.

and as for his location in regards to the stadium when he's receiving, he still tends to drift back, but he hugged the baseline a little better, and even came in on a number of occasions, with his deadly backhand of course. sometimes it worked, sometimes not, but the important thing was, he kept on trying.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

Thanx for report!

He has cold again?

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
hmmm, but at the same time, he tended to get a little cross with things too easily.
which things? ;)

Thanks for the report. :wavey: All in all, it sounds like what it was : A first match after a long break, quite a good start, but certainly room for improvement. But, hej, I did love it when he won that tie-break! :)

·
Registered
3,498 Posts

How were his forehand and his return of serve??(the 2 things i hope he has worked on during the off season)

edit: oups sorry for the forehand part, i didn't read all the posts.

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
Well done, Richie. :yeah:

Keep going. :bounce:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts

Thanks for the report on the match. And yes, a confident Richard is a thing of beauty to watch. To early to tell but a very good sign that even after a stumble in the second set, he managed to pull it out in 2. In the past that would have gone three "for sure". This was his first match after a long break so a little stumble might be expected.

Wish I could have seen him trying to stay pumped - love it when he is fired up. Keep it up Richie!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Court 3 (from 11.00hrs)
1. ATP: Tursunov vs. Wawrinka
2. Kanepi vs. Arvidsson
3. ATP: del Potro vs. Mathieu
4. ATP: Guccione/Smeets vs. Gasquet/Tsonga

richard is playig double with jo tomorrow:)

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Good job Richard!
It's good for confidence to have won this tb.

He has cold again?
I start to wonder if it's not chronic. He seems to have always a cold... or maybe his cough is just a tic. :confused:

61 - 80 of 792 Posts