Konnichiwa Chat! Formerly the first ever Kei Nishikori Cheering Thread - Page 37 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-31-2008, 03:28 AM   #541
country flag *esther*

*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kei Nishikori

Quote:
Q. So how was today's match and how was Nishikori?

DAVID FERRER: He's a very good player, no? Young player, plays very well and serve really well. Good level, no? I like it much.

Maybe the fifth set I did my best point and he take the chance, no?

Q. How is your condition?

DAVID FERRER: My condition? Now I'm not too much happy, but it's okay, no?

I fight a lot, and Nishikori plays better than me I think.

Q. You won a terrific five‑setter against Nadal ‑ I might be mistaken ‑ last year.

DAVID FERRER: No, four sets.

Q. But nevertheless, do you relish a night match that really is a slugfest in the end, a very difficult match both ways, that lasts a long time?

DAVID FERRER: Last year is past and now is present. I think every match is different, no, different points, different conditions, and I don't think so.

Q. In the first two sets it looked like you were having some trouble returning his serve. Was it just too hard for you? Was it just hard to see?

DAVID FERRER: No, I don't know. Maybe the first set I was 4‑2 with break up, and I play so bad this game, no, with my serve.

I don't serve very well. Maybe in the fifth set I don't serve very well. I played very regular all the match. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

But this is tennis and Nishikori plays pretty well.

Q. Did he surprise you in the first couple sets, like how high of a level he was playing?

DAVID FERRER: No, no. Because I know Nishikori won this year tournaments to Blake. No, I know surprise.

Q. He called the doctor, trainer. How did you think about it?

DAVID FERRER: I don't think nothing. I am focus on my game and for the next point, no?

I don't think nothing.

Q. Do you think you should have maybe called the trainer yourself?

DAVID FERRER: No, it's not a problem, no? It's the rules of the game, no? He can call to the training, and he did.

Q. Which shot made you difficult to play from Kei?

DAVID FERRER: Well, my forehand, no? I did ‑‑ I had big problems with my forehand and I did made mistakes, a lot of mistakes.

And him, no, maybe the backhand of him really well, no.

Q. Looked like you were getting a little unnerved out there and banging the racquet. Did it hurt you at all when you were getting upset? Do you feel like you were a little bit frustrated?

DAVID FERRER: It's normal, no? It's my mentality. It wasn't to be nervous. But if I don't stay nervous I cannot play very well, no? I need this one, and, no, nothing.

Q. Are you impressed with Nishikori? He's only 18 but he plays with a lot of poise, like he's 25 or something.

DAVID FERRER: He's a very good player, no? I know that. I was saw last year in Tokyo and I like it too much. It's not a surprise. For sure he will be a very good player, no?

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/int...064320953.html

newly recruited : StanislasWAWRINKA*GillesSIMON*Tsung-huaYANG

Please vote for Rendy's NEW FORUM
*esther* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2008, 03:41 AM   #542
country flag *esther*

*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q. Can you give us your thoughts on this match?

KEI NISHIKORI: Right now I'm very happy. Yeah, that's the only word I can say now. And, you know, I couldn't give up the fifth set.

He start playing great in the third and fourth set. I was tired and my legs was almost cramping, but I tried to think, I am playing David; he's No. 4 in the world, and playing five set with him. I felt like kind of happy and think more positive.

Yeah, that's why I think I could fight through everything.

Q. Is this the first time you've gone five sets?

KEI NISHIKORI: No, second time actually.

Q. The other time was Davis Cup?

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah.

Q. How did you get through? How did you get through this fifth set? What did you keep telling yourself?

KEI NISHIKORI: I kind of like just sort of throw away the fourth set. I was tired, too, so I just tried to fight in the fifth set.

Q. If someone told you before the tournament that you would go this far and beat the No. 4 in the world, would you have believed it before the tournament?

KEI NISHIKORI: No. I was ready to play quallies and I know it's tougher, but I was already happy to play US Open main draw.

The first match was a tough, tough one. He was seeded and I knew he was great player. Yeah, I was happy to beat him.

Q. Do you know how big it is in Japan? Do you have any feedback?

Q. Is it huge?

KEI NISHIKORI: I think ‑‑ I don't know, yeah.

Q. You said on TV this was your biggest win ever. You won a tournament in Delray Beach earlier this year. Do you think that helped you tonight by winning a tournament this year, your confidence?

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah, I think so. I got more confidence. I played Nadal a couple months ago and I played well; got one set against him.

But today I was playing five set and, you know, I was tired.

Q. At one point you pulled out a book with a British flag on the cover and it had some English writing inside it. What were you reading?

KEI NISHIKORI: About like what should I do in the match, like keep ‑‑ I don't know. I don't want say this.

Q. Are those like little key words or reminders that you have to keep telling yourself during the match?

Q. What was one of them?

KEI NISHIKORI: Stay calm. Don't get pissed off too much. Kind of like that.

Q. When did your legs start cramping up? During the third set?

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah, during the third set, and fourth set get worse.

Q. Did you start feeling a little bit off your service then, with the leg cramps?

Q. Looked like about ten miles came off in the third set and another ten after in the fourth set.

KEI NISHIKORI: After the trainer came it was much better, but I had still last couple games like tough to move and almost...

Q. Do you think it's just because you're not used to the fifth set? I know you said you did one before, but you're not used to the five‑set match?

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah, and I cramped first match, too. So that's ‑‑ yeah.

Q. The crowd, at least in the beginning of the match and until the third set, was more partisan to you. Did that egg you on at least, push you along, hearing your name being chanted on Louis Armstrong?

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah, I think that was the most important thing today. That helped me so much, and my coaches and my family. Yeah, I get so excited today.

Q. Also on that first match point you had, back I believe it was the fifth set, not the last game, but the first match point, some guy yelled out. Did that unnerve you at all?

KEI NISHIKORI: No, I didn't hear anything.

Q. You threw the ball up and had to re‑serve.

KEI NISHIKORI: No.

Q. Are you in pain now? You looked a little uncomfortable when you walked in.

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah, hurting everything: My ankle and my legs are so sore, and my back.

Q. Have you ever been that physically spent after a match?

KEI NISHIKORI: I think this is first time, but the first day was more tougher for me. I cramped all my legs. I couldn't even move after the match, so...

Q. Is it just fatigue, or do you have any serious problems that could affect your next match? Do you think you will be okay?

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah. It's not too bad. Just sore, sore my legs. Yeah, I got to keep walking, like doing stretch and bike. Yeah, will be fine I think.

Q. Can you talk a little bit about how you came to the United States from Japan five years ago? You were so young. What were some of the big adjustments you had to make to the North American culture?

KEI NISHIKORI: Mr. Morita helps me to go there, and two friends with me, Japanese friends. Yeah, I couldn't speak English. I was so nervous. I was like scary everything, all the American people.

But now it's fine (laughter). But there is only like good players, like twenty, thirty players and they're stronger than me, and there's top pros.

Q. Did your family come with you, or did you come alone?

KEI NISHIKORI: Just me. They come once or twice a year.

Q. I believe you have achieved something that no male player in your country has done since 1995, so almost as long as you've been alive. What does that mean to you?

KEI NISHIKORI: Like what do you mean?

Q. You sort of made a little bit of history back home with what you've done.

Q. What does that mean to you to sort of do that, to be a pioneer of sorts?

KEI NISHIKORI: I never think about it, like, I'm making history or something. I don't think about it. But I know Shuzo made quarters of Wimbledon.

Yeah, I'm very proud of it. I don't know.

Q. From where I was sitting, Ai Sugiyama was watching and applauding and enjoying it very much. Did she reach out to you yet? Did you talk to her?

KEI NISHIKORI: No, not yet. I haven't.

Q. You were advised by Shuzo Matsuoka? You have contact with them?

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah, sometimes. Just e‑mail. Not too much.

Q. Gives you a little bit of some help in adjusting to the tour or...

Q. What he said? You can share?

KEI NISHIKORI: I don't know. I can't think about it now. Sorry.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/int...152947953.html

newly recruited : StanislasWAWRINKA*GillesSIMON*Tsung-huaYANG

Please vote for Rendy's NEW FORUM
*esther* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:33 AM   #543
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing amazing amazing!!! its a funny feeling that's hard to describe when you see your favs do so well!

I read both interviews haha, Kei with those little notes "Stay calm. Don't get pissed off too much"

also, Ferrer had very nice words for Kei, very tough lost for him though. He showed great respect to his young opponent, very good example set by a top pro.
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

ATP Tokyo 2012, ATP Memphis 2013 Champion Kei Nishikori
chewy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:00 AM   #544
country flag hcfoo

hcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond repute

Kei is going to take on Del Potro next! Del Potro is so overrated. Can't wait for this match and see Kei create an upset again.
hcfoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:52 AM   #545
country flag Alex.
should be empty.

Alex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond repute

LOL at "don't get pissed off too much." He sounds lovely.
m. raonic : b. tomic : d. istomin
Alex. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:34 AM   #546
country flag hcfoo

hcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond reputehcfoo has a reputation beyond repute

Here are more pictures of Kei copied from some Japanese news websites.

Last edited by hcfoo : 08-31-2008 at 08:04 AM. Reason: add picture
hcfoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:54 AM   #547
country flag kinokino

kinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papakori View Post
By the way, Kinokino, Bunny and the other Japanese supporters, can you please tell us how much attention Kei is getting in Japan right now? It must be huge.
I have just returned from Sunday shift
Congrats Kei !!!
I'm so glad to share this greatest moment with you, guys
And I thank to Ferrer who is the one of pro players having large heart.
The match was played in the Sunday morning Japan time. For the first time in 71 years, Japanese tennis player advanced fourth round of US open.
Kei will become front page news in Japan. I will check the evening news and tell you
Old 08-31-2008, 09:40 AM   #548
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the pictures and posting the interview. This is excellent boost for Tennis in East Asia. Congratulations to Kei and all his fans.
When do we get a forum? I voted for one just awhile back.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #549
country flag *Raine

*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute

guys new fan of Nishikori Kei-san here.

I first saw him play against Monaco and I was already impressed. And today he really made my day by winning against Ferrer ( ). They only showed the 5th set at 5-3 here but I was so nervous he wouldn't be able to win. I'm glad he did .

I'm extra happy because he's an Asian like me. And he did so well.

He reminds me of Echizen Ryoma (mister Mada Mada Dane) from the anime Prince of Tennis/ Tennis no Ohjisama especially with a cap on.

All I can say is --> Sugoi.

| San Antonio Spurs | NY Mets| Pittsburgh Penguins
~Cristiano Ronaldo ~ Albert Pujols ~ Ricky Rubio
*Raine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #550
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

Hello *Raine and DhammaTiger, nice to see new Kei fans.
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #551
country flag gare315

gare315 has a reputation beyond reputegare315 has a reputation beyond reputegare315 has a reputation beyond reputegare315 has a reputation beyond reputegare315 has a reputation beyond reputegare315 has a reputation beyond reputegare315 has a reputation beyond reputegare315 has a reputation beyond reputegare315 has a reputation beyond reputegare315 has a reputation beyond reputegare315 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi~~Papakori
I'm proud of being an Asian like him. He proves that Asian can compete with European and Americans on the court. Keep going Kei!
gare315 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 04:33 PM   #552
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gare315 View Post
Hi~~Papakori
I'm proud of being an Asian like him. He proves that Asian can compete with European and Americans on the court. Keep going Kei!
Yeah i really hope this can inspire a lot more Asian players out there!

btw, welcome to all new posters/ visitors.

Kei is already getting new nicknames eg.the young samurai, karate kid and more obvious ones like relating him to the Japanese anime prince of tennis...lol
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

ATP Tokyo 2012, ATP Memphis 2013 Champion Kei Nishikori
chewy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:07 PM   #553
country flag DhammaTiger
May All Beings Be Happy!!

Location: So happy to be back to the City of Angels (Krung Thep)
DhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond reputeDhammaTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thaks very much. I have been following Kei since last year in GM. I am a West Asian from Saudi arabia but live in Thailand half the year. The people in the Asian continent are very diverse, but at heart we are the same even if the distance between are countries are so large. I hope we get our forum for Kei very soon, so we could have more space.
Good luck to all Kei fans and especially to Kei.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:20 PM   #554
country flag *Raine

*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute*Raine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
Yeah i really hope this can inspire a lot more Asian players out there!

btw, welcome to all new posters/ visitors.

Kei is already getting new nicknames eg.the young samurai, karate kid and more obvious ones like relating him to the Japanese anime prince of tennis...lol
I can always imagine him saying "Mada Mada Dane"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gare315 View Post
Hi~~Papakori
Exactly

| San Antonio Spurs | NY Mets| Pittsburgh Penguins
~Cristiano Ronaldo ~ Albert Pujols ~ Ricky Rubio
*Raine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #555
country flag kinokino

kinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond repute

Kei made headlines of sport news in Japan!
But only two of the main sports papers covered him on the front page of Monday morning Although tennis is not a major sport in Japan, I think Kei will bring a fresh sensitivity to Japanese sport culture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 新聞.jpg (100.6 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by kinokino : 08-31-2008 at 11:52 PM.
kinokino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote