Konnichiwa Chat! Formerly the first ever Kei Nishikori Cheering Thread - Page 35 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #511
country flag *esther*

*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kei Nishikori

More pictures from NBTA 2008 USO Flickr Page

Enjoy!

newly recruited : StanislasWAWRINKA*GillesSIMON*Tsung-huaYANG

Please vote for Rendy's NEW FORUM
*esther* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 07:13 AM   #512
country flag *esther*

*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute

Court 13 11.00 AM
1. Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Roko Karanusic (CRO) v. Kei Nishikori (JPN)
2. Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Olga Govortsova (BLR) v. Ai Sugiyama (JPN)[30]
3. Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER) v. Jessica Moore (AUS)
4. Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Viktor Troicki (SRB) v. Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)[25]

I hope Court 13 has live feed.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #513
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

Kei won the first set 6-1 and is down 4/5 in the second set, however its going with serve.

I watched the first 3 games and Kei looked really good, although then my brother told me to move so he can watch the soccer champions league draw, so I have come upstairs to follow livescore.

Hopefully I can catch the end.
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #514
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

He won 6/1 7/5 and I didn't get to catch the end.

Oh well, I have his 3rd round match to look forward to anyway.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #515
country flag kinokino

kinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond repute

Karanusic retired in the 3rd set
Kei kept aggressive stance and got the match!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 06:17 PM   #516
country flag Papakori

Yeah, from what I saw, Kei was pretty aggressive and played his best I've seen him - as good as Queens and Delray imo.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:19 PM   #517
country flag Alex.
should be empty.

Alex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Hopefully he'll be on a bigger court soon.
m. raonic : b. tomic : d. istomin
Alex. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:02 AM   #518
country flag *esther*

(Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

Thanks hcfoo

Old 08-29-2008, 08:14 AM   #519
country flag *esther*

8月28日、全米オープン男子シングルスで錦織(手前)が3回戦進出を決めた(2008年 ロ イター/Kena Betancur)

[ニューヨーク 28日 ロイター] テニスの4大大会の今季最終戦、全米オープンは28日、男子シングルス2回戦を行い、初出場の錦織圭が3 回戦進出を決めた。

ロコ・カラヌシッチ(クロアチア)と対戦したした錦織は6―1、7―5と2セットを先取。その後、カラヌ シッチが棄権したため、錦織の2回戦突破が決まった。

Need someone to translate it. As i only understand a bit.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:20 AM   #520
country flag *esther*

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/int...945299130.html

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. I think this is your biggest success right now, first Grand Slam, third round.

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah.

Q. How would you describe it? Is it fantastic for you?

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah, I'm pretty happy, but it was ‑‑ I wasn't playing well today, but he retired, and I was just lucky, guess.

Q. Do you know why he has retired?

KEI NISHIKORI: No, no. I didn't know, no.

Q. Could you tell us a little bit yourself? You practiced at the Bollettieri Academy. Why did you choose that academy?

KEI NISHIKORI: Um, because there is more players, top players. Many pros are practicing there, and many coach.

Q. But you could choose, also, another one. Why did you choose Bollettieri?

KEI NISHIKORI: Oh, because the one, the guy helps me, his name is Mr. Morita. He send me there, yeah.

Q. How old have you been when you went...

KEI NISHIKORI: When I was 13, so almost five years now.

Q. Okay. And how is the contact with Mr. Bollettieri at the moment, for example?

KEI NISHIKORI: What do you mean, contract?

Q. Contact with him. I mean, do you speak with him after such a big victory, for example?

Q. What does he say?

KEI NISHIKORI: Congrats. I haven't talked to him yet, so...

Yeah.

Q. Did you get any sort of sense of why he retired? Did he seem to have an injury, or do you know what was in his mind?

KEI NISHIKORI: I don't know why he retired, still. But he wasn't moving well. Seemed his legs, I guess.

Q. Can you just talk about your match today, how you played.

KEI NISHIKORI: I tried to go to the net more often, because he was using slice a lot. I tried to make more first serve. He get more pressure when I hit, when I make first serve. Yeah, tried to go aggressive.

Q. How much time do you spend in Japan in a year, for example? Are you just staying in the States, or are you sometimes in Japan?

KEI NISHIKORI: Twice a year.

Q. And just for a week or...

KEI NISHIKORI: One tournament, and two, three weeks of vacation in November or December.

Q. And your parents, they still live in Japan?

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah, but they come to tournament sometimes. Like here, they're here now, too.

They came Wimbledon.

Q. How hard was it for you when, 13 years, left your parents, left Japan to go to the States. Was it a big step for you?

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah, but many friends went with me, Japanese guy. So I wasn't ‑‑ I wasn't like homesick. But now sometimes I get homesick.

Q. Other players from Japan went with you to the States?

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah. Two guys and one coach, as well.

Q. Where are they now? Are they still...

KEI NISHIKORI: They're in college in Japan.

Q. Japan?

KEI NISHIKORI: College.

Q. So you're the only one that stayed?

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

Old 08-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #521
country flag kinokino

kinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *esther* View Post
[IMG]http://jp.reuters.com/resources/r/?

Need someone to translate it. As i only understand a bit.
Thank you for the articles, Esther! This article tells Karanusic retired before the third set, so Kei has made it to the next round
Old 08-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #522
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Q. Where are they now? Are they still...

KEI NISHIKORI: They're in college in Japan.

Q. Japan?

KEI NISHIKORI: College.

priceless

go Kei, win in round 3
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:00 AM   #523
country flag kinokino

I found by chance Kei's huge poster in Ginza, the most classy town of Tokyo!
I am really looking forward to watch the match up against Ferrer Ganbare Kei
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 銀座錦織1.jpg (25.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 銀座錦織.jpg (38.1 KB, 51 views)
Old 08-30-2008, 01:36 AM   #524
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting the interviews, pics etc guys.

very good win over a seeded player, and now in the 3rd round!
GO KEI!
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

ATP Tokyo 2012, ATP Memphis 2013 Champion Kei Nishikori
chewy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:17 AM   #525
country flag Toppu

Toppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond reputeToppu has a reputation beyond repute

what a beautiful smile

- Evgeny - GiLLeS - GRiGoR - RiCaRDaS -

Graf & Norman FOREVER
Toppu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote