Konnichiwa Chat! Formerly the first ever Kei Nishikori Cheering Thread - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-03-2008, 02:02 AM   #361
country flag *esther*

*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kei Nishikori

Nishikori Youngest Player in Top 100
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008ne...ikori_sony.asp

Japanese teenager Kei Nishikori, a winner of his first ATP title earlier in the season, is the youngest player in the Top 100 South African Airways ATP Rankings.

Nishikori, at 18 years, 4 months, broke into the Top 100 this week at No. 99 after capturing the Bermuda Challenger title on Sunday. In February, he earned his first ATP title in Delray Beach, defeating James Blake in the final.

Off the court, the young phenom on Wednesday signed a three-year endorsement deal to be a global ambassador for Sony Corporation. The announcement was made with more than 100 media outlets in attendance at Sony headquarters in Tokyo.

In both of his title runs, Nishikori saved match points. He saved four match points in his semifinal victory over Sam Querrey in Delray Beach. In the final win over Viktor Troicki, he saved two match points before prevailing in a third set tie-break. "I never give up and I am mentally getting stronger and stronger," he said.n

Nishikori, who is the first Japanese player to rank in the Top 100 since Shuzo Matsuoka on Aug. 19, 1996, said, "It feels great. He was my hero and it was one of my goals to accomplish this like him. I keep working hard to continue to move up in the rankings."

The Asian No. 2 player on the ATP circuit, behind Korean Hyung-Taik Lee (No. 55) has made the biggest jump into the Top 100 from the 2007 year-end rankings when he was No. 281.

"In January I had the goal to be Top 100," he said. "Obviously with Delray and Bermuda, things are going very fast. I don't look so much at age. I am working hard to be the best but it is very nice to see the success this early."

"My next goal is to reach the Top 50. Obviously in the long run it is my dream to become the best player in the world."

Although Nishikori will have to qualify to get into the main draw at Roland Garros, by reaching the Top 100 he will guarantee himself a direct entry into Wimbledon when the field is announced in two weeks.

"It will be my first main draw Grand Slam direct entry and it means a lot to me," said Nishikori. "It seems all to be going very fast. It is nice to see all the hard work I am doing every day with my team to pay off."

Major League Baseball players in the U.S. Ichiro Suzuki, Hideki Matsui, Daisuke Matsuzaka are stars from Japan and Nishikori is hoping tennis will pick up in his native country.

"Baseball players are stars here and since Shuzo there hasn't been a player ranked very high in the rankings so people are very excited," said Nishikori. "I hope to grow the game of tennis in my country."

------------------

I hope very soon in future, he'll be another "youngest" Top 50, then, Top 20 and Top 10!

newly recruited : StanislasWAWRINKA*GillesSIMON*Tsung-huaYANG

Please vote for Rendy's NEW FORUM
*esther* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2008, 02:40 AM   #362
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"In January I had the goal to be Top 100," he said. "Obviously with Delray and Bermuda, things are going very fast. I don't look so much at age. I am working hard to be the best but it is very nice to see the success this early."
He seem very mature when i read this, that's a lot to ask for from an 18 year old. Hopefully he'll stay humble as his success grow.
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

ATP Tokyo 2012, ATP Memphis 2013 Champion Kei Nishikori
chewy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:34 AM   #363
country flag *esther*

*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, chewy, for an 18 years old boy, he has done a very good job on media, mentality and etc.

Hope he's keeping his humbleness and strive for the best just like his old days, i think this is his critical transition year to a pro player, just focus on the goal he has set and go for it.

Gambatte Kei

Old 05-03-2008, 04:33 AM   #364
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

Thx for posting the article, esther!

Yes, Kei comes across as very mature and modest, and also so natural. It's the same when he speaks in Japanese. I hope he will keep his unpretentios way and I think he will.

In the meantime, however, he withdrew from Tunica Challenger next week. I don't know why and hope it's no injury/illness. But I suspect he and his team are rearranging his schedule carefully because he had a hectic schedule the past couple of weeks. He is still on the entry list of the Bradenton challenger (a new event) the following week.

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #365
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute

Also out of Bradenton. So nothing till RG qualies?
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

Old 05-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #366
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a look too and can't see him anywhere so I guess Roland Garros quallies is next for him.

I have a question maybe someone in here could help with.
I know Kei is playing Queens, but do you know if he is playing Nottingham? It is only a 20 minute drive from me and I intend to go there anyway, but it would be great to see Kei. The entry list in the tournament forum doesn't go to his rank in the alt list where he would be if he was there.
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:39 AM   #367
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambillfan View Post
I have a question maybe someone in here could help with.
I know Kei is playing Queens, but do you know if he is playing Nottingham? It is only a 20 minute drive from me and I intend to go there anyway, but it would be great to see Kei. The entry list in the tournament forum doesn't go to his rank in the alt list where he would be if he was there.
Unfortunately, he's not on the list of Nottingham or Hertogenbosch. Those two events are small (32 draws) and the cutoff for this year is very high---even cutoff for the alternates for both events was like #95 or #96. So he just missed it I guess. Maybe he will play qualies should he lose in early rounds in Queens, in which case he's more likely to play Nottingham I guess because he'd be already in UK.

As for Bradenton, I hope it's nothing to do with an injury/illness. My guess is, the draw is not very strong, which means Kei has a good chance to reach semi or finals. But the RG qualies will start like Tuesday next week. If he finishes playing in Florida on Sunday, that will leave him with very little time even to fly to Paris. I guess he wants to be in France a bit earlier to get used to the condition.

David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 05-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #368
country flag chewy

i hope he doesn't put too much pressure on himself at this year's RG.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:32 AM   #369
country flag kinokino

kinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond repute

This week Kei is ranked #99, so he won to qualify for the Wimbledon
We are able to spend so exciting moment in a little while, and besides, RG qualies start next Tuesday
Old 05-14-2008, 01:34 AM   #370
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinokino View Post
We are able to spend so exciting moment in a little while, and besides, RG qualies start next Tuesday
really looking forward to the next weeks
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:35 AM   #371
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

Kei is on the entry list for Surbiton in the second week of Roland Garros.

I am a bit annoyed because I was considering going there at one point instead of WTA Birmingham but I would have to get off a train at London in the morning and switch so I decided not to go.
Anyway, still hope he comes to Nottingham
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:39 AM   #372
country flag *bunny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinokino View Post
Yep. Wimbledon will be his first slam at which he got direct entry! Hope he can make the most of what he learned about grass court tennis from his DC debut in India!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Nishikori gets direct entry into Wimbledon main draw
May 13 08:05 AM US/Eastern

TOKYO, May 13 (AP) - (Kyodo)—Rising Japanese tennis star Kei Nishikori has gained direct entry into the main draw of the men's singles at the Wimbledon Championships based on his world ranking.

The 18-year-old Nishikori is ranked 99th as of Monday, six weeks before the tournament, making him one of the 104 players who do not have to go through the qualifying rounds at Wimbledon.

"I'm happy that I've made the main draw. It could pave the way for me to join the world's top players," Nishikori said through his management company.

Nishikori became the first Japanese winner on the ATP Tour in 16 years with his victory at the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships in February.

He went on to become the youngest-ever Japanese Davis Cup player in early April and his win at the lower-tier Bermuda Open in late April raised his ATP ranking to a career-high 99th.

At the upcoming French Open, he will play in the qualifying rounds.

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 05-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #373
country flag chewy

i can't wait till RG starts...and now i look forward to wimbly even more

Old 05-20-2008, 05:01 AM   #374
country flag *bunny*

RG qualifying draw is out! Kei is seeded fifth.
He needs to win three matches to qualify.

Kei Nishikori JPN (5) vs Juan-Martin Aranguren ARG
Simon Greul GER vs Julio Silva BRA
Yuri Schukin KAZ vs Lukas Lacko SVK
Dick Norman BEL vs Jan Hernych CZE (20)

OOP for Tuesday
COURT 15 (Matches start at 9 a.m.)
1 Melle Van Gemerden (NED) v. Simon Stadler (GER)
2 Stefano Galvani (ITA) v. Mikhail Kukushkin (RUS)[18]
3 Michael Quintero (COL) v. Maximo Gonzalez (ARG)[19]
4 Kei Nishikori (JPN)[5] v. Juan-Martin Aranguren (ARG)
5 Cristian Villagran (ARG) v. Diego Junqueira (ARG)
6 Pere Riba (ESP) v. Victor Crivoi (ROU)

Good luck, Kei!

Btw, guys, I will fly to Paris tomorrow and will be back on Friday a week.
Will report to you if I get to see Kei play (I have tickets for only Sunday and Monday atm.). This will be my third visit at Roland Garros and I am very excited!!
Cya then!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 05-20-2008, 06:42 AM   #375
country flag *esther*

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post
Btw, guys, I will fly to Paris tomorrow and will be back on Friday a week.
Will report to you if I get to see Kei play (I have tickets for only Sunday and Monday atm.). This will be my third visit at Roland Garros and I am very excited!!
Cya then!
I'm so jealous, bunny.
If you see Kei, send our regards and good luck to him ( please emphasize that we're from MTF...)

Have fun, bunny!