Konnichiwa Chat! Formerly the first ever Kei Nishikori Cheering Thread - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:53 AM   #346
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kei Nishikori

And this from Tennis Week:
http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fulls...inewsid=549880

Kei Cracks Top 100 With Bermuda Win By Tennis Week
Monday, April 28, 2008

Kei Nishikori fought off two match points to win the ATP Challenger in Bermuda yesterday and crack double digits today.

The 18-year-old from Shimane, Japan became the youngest player in the ATP's top 100 by virtue of his 2-6, 7-5, 7-6(5) victory over Viktor Troicki in the Bermuda final.

It has been a season of firsts for the 99th-ranked Nishikori who became the first Japanese man to reach the top 100 since Shuzo Matsuoka in August, 1996.

Nishikori's Bermuda title comes more than two months after he captured his first career ATP title with a 3-6, 6-1, 6-4 win over James Blake in the Delray Beach final. Nishikori not only won his first singles title in the first ATP tournament of the season, but became the youngest player at 18 years, 1 month and 19 days old to win an ATP title since Lleyton Hewitt in 1998; and the first Japanese player to win an ATP title since Shuzo Matsuoka won in Seoul in 1992.

Nishikori opened the Bermuda event beating three straight top-100 ranked opponents — 77th-ranked Daniel Marcos, 58th-ranked Dudi Sela and 88th-ranked Ernests Gulbis — before defeating 101st-ranked Peter Luczak, 6-2, 6-4, in the semifinals.

Nishikori, who turned pro last October 1, posted impressive wins as a junior and won the boys doubles title at the 2006 French Open. Playing highlights for 2007 include winning the Luxilon Cup held at the 2007 Sony Ericsson Open and being the youngest player since 1985 to reach the quarterfinals of the Indianapolis Championships in July.

He signed an endorsement deal with Wilson last December.

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2008, 07:52 AM   #347
country flag *esther*

*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambillfan View Post

I was wondering, if anyone is good at these things, could they please make this into an avatar for me?
I've got it resizes to 3 smaller sizes in my FLICKR, should be suitable as an avatar.

Hope you like it, Thomas

newly recruited : StanislasWAWRINKA*GillesSIMON*Tsung-huaYANG

Please vote for Rendy's NEW FORUM
*esther* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #348
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Esther
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #349
country flag kinokino

kinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond repute

How cool avatar! Gambillfan
Now, Kei returned to Japan temporarily for the contract with Sony. I hope Kei has a good time during his brief visit here
Old 04-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #350
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for the information, kinokino.

And I was wrong about the grass season.
Kei is on the main draw entry list for the Queen's Club right after RG!
Other entries include Rafa, Djoko, Roddick, Nalbandian, Murray, Hewitt, etc. etc.

David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 04-30-2008, 01:56 AM   #351
country flag *esther*

*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute*esther* has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome Thomas.

Thanks for the info bunny-san!

Old 04-30-2008, 06:00 AM   #352
country flag *esther*

Japan’s Nishikori targets Olympics after rapid rise
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_yl...ters&type=lgns

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese prospect Kei Nishikori has set his sights on a place at this year’s Beijing Olympics after the teenager became the first player from his country to break into the world’s top 100 for 12 years.

Nishikori’s victory at a challenger event over the weekend lifted the 18-year-old to 99th in the rankings published on Monday as he became the fifth, and youngest, Japanese man to secure a place within the top 100.

His win against Serbian Viktor Troicki in the final of the Bermuda Open on Sunday also raised his slim hopes of qualifying for this year’s Beijing Games.

Hailed as a “boy genius” by the Japanese media, Nishikori will need to climb another 30 or so places in the world rankings to realize his goal of playing at the Olympics in August.

“I wanted to reach the top 100 before Wimbledon,” said Nishikori, who earlier this month became the youngest Japanese player to win a Davis Cup tie.

“It’s an honor to play for Japan and I would love to play for my country at the Olympics.”

Nishikori’s rapid rise began in earnest when he became the first Japanese player to win an ATP event for nearly 16 years with an upset victory over American James Blake in the Delray Beach International final in February.

Shuzo Matsuoka was the last Japanese man to reach the top 100. He reached a career-high world ranking of 46 in singles in 1992.

(Writing by Alastair Himmer; Editing by John O’Brien)

Old 04-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #353
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, he's at Queens. I hope he goes to Nottingham also. 30 minute bus ride from me.
I would probably treat myself to a day at Queen's club after my exams, but I am going to WTA birmingham for two days since thats near.
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:37 PM   #354
country flag *bunny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambillfan View Post
Wow, he's at Queens. I hope he goes to Nottingham also. 30 minute bus ride from me.
I would probably treat myself to a day at Queen's club after my exams, but I am going to WTA birmingham for two days since thats near.
Please write a report if you happen to see Kei play at Queen's. Gambillfan!

Today Kei signed a three-year contract with Sony. One Japanese paper estimate the undisclosed deal as 10,000,000 yen (about 960,000 USD) per year. He's a rich man, eh! He will wear a Sony logo on a sleeve of his shirt and help promote Sony products.
Hope it won't be too much pressure on him, I want him to improve as a player at his own pace.

Kei said at a press conference today that his goal for this year is to reach top 50.
Apparently, he also asked for a WC at the Beijing Olympics through the Japan Tennis Federation.

This article has many more pics at the bottom:
http://mainichi.jp/enta/sports/graph/2008/0430/

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 04-30-2008, 11:54 PM   #355
country flag kinokino

kinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond repute

My pleasure, bunny

Last night, Kei's big contract was reported by every sportcast in Japan.
He is proud that sony has an image of No.1. I think he will outperform sony's hope
He also said he missed Japanese food, especially Shab-shab.
Maybe he enjoyed delicious Japanese beef last night
Old 05-01-2008, 12:27 AM   #356
country flag drgray

drgray has a reputation beyond reputedrgray has a reputation beyond reputedrgray has a reputation beyond reputedrgray has a reputation beyond reputedrgray has a reputation beyond reputedrgray has a reputation beyond reputedrgray has a reputation beyond reputedrgray has a reputation beyond reputedrgray has a reputation beyond reputedrgray has a reputation beyond reputedrgray has a reputation beyond repute

Yatta! Kei! I'm so proud of you. Hopefully next time I'm in Japan you will be too!
Ancic
drgray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:56 AM   #357
country flag *esther*

He's already a big sports icon in Japan, like Kosuke Kitajima, Takuma Sato, Hidetoshi Nakata and etc...

I'm so proud of you.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #358
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thx guys for posting the articles, pics and all. It was good read.
Especially the one by Josh Ball, wish i could see the match.
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

ATP Tokyo 2012, ATP Memphis 2013 Champion Kei Nishikori
chewy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:29 AM   #359
country flag *esther*

Roddick, Ferrer, Nishikori to play Tokyo
http://www.tennis.com/news/news.aspx?id=127900

TOKYO (AP) -- Former World No. 1 Andy Roddick is scheduled take part in the Japan Open in September, the Japan Tennis Association said Thursday.

Roddick, along with last year's winner David Ferrer of Spain, are among the top players expected to take part in the Sept. 29-Oct. 15 event.

Also scheduled to participate is Japanese player Kei Nishikori, who at 18 became the youngest
Japanese player to break into the top 100 of the men's world rankings.

Nishikori became the first Japanese tournament winner on the ATP Tour in 16 years with his victory at the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships in February.

Wow...strong field. Ferrer to defend the title, good luck Kei in Tokyo. He was crashing out in the 1st rd last year, correct? Hope Roger will playing again in Tokyo after he'd missed last year.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #360
country flag kinokino

Yes, esthercls
Last AIG OPEN, Kei lost to Zack Fleishman(USA) in three sets 6-7 6-3 1-6 in 1st rd. And Fleishman lost to Gasquet in the 2nd rd. That was my first time to watch actual tennis matches and I got awful suntan, it remains still now
I heard Kei's physical condition was not good then. I'm expecting his good showing this fall in Tokyo!