VICTOR HANESCU- born to be VICTORious - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2006, 07:42 AM   #91
country flag joyk

joyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VICTOR HANESCU- born to be VICTORious

I heard he played like crap. But I didn`t see the match so I don`t know.
joyk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2006, 07:51 AM   #92
country flag Sandra

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Coria

Thanks Bjorkman_girl for the photo
Old 01-20-2006, 09:50 PM   #93
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

coria

Quote:
Originally Posted by musefanatic
Well you're welcome to share me bed with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Do look, imperial shadow - the Romanian nation,
At Dana, Miru, Iza, your mighty progenies,
With racquets like steel and hearts of fire impetuous,
It's either "Win this match or f**k off!"
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Mara_M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:12 AM   #94
country flag Mara_M

Mara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond reputeMara_M has a reputation beyond repute

coria in continuare
sper k vic sa revina pana la rg,are ceva ceva de aparat!

Quote:

Quote:
Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile
Old 04-11-2006, 08:42 AM   #95
country flag Via Pax

Via Pax has a reputation beyond reputeVia Pax has a reputation beyond reputeVia Pax has a reputation beyond reputeVia Pax has a reputation beyond reputeVia Pax has a reputation beyond reputeVia Pax has a reputation beyond reputeVia Pax has a reputation beyond reputeVia Pax has a reputation beyond reputeVia Pax has a reputation beyond reputeVia Pax has a reputation beyond reputeVia Pax has a reputation beyond repute

Victor has won the Houston Exhibition Tournament last week!

Some info:
72nd River Oaks International Tennis Tournament
TOURNAMENT DATES: April 3 - 9, 2006
FIELD: 24 Man Singles/12 Team Doubles
PRIZE MONEY: $300,000
SURFACE: Clay

The draw was quite good (Pete Sampras played an exhibition match with Ginepri )

1 Robby Ginepri USA
2 Victor Hanescu ROM
3 Luis Horna PER
4 Paul Goldstein USA
5 Juan Monaco ARG
6 Jurgen Melzer AUT
7 Rainer Schuettler GER
8 Vince Spadea USA
Julien Benneteau FRA
Albert Montanes ESP
Juan Antonio Marin CRC
Stefan Koubek AUT
Fernando Vincente ESP
Vasilis Mazarakis GRE
Jeff Morrison USA
Mark Philippoussis AUS
Hugo Armando USA
Thomas Enqvist SWE
Scoville Jenkins USA
Robert Kendrick USA
Donald Young USA
Conor Pollock USA
Roger Gubser USA
(Q) Dusan Vemic SCG

Draw:
http://www.riveroaksinternational.com/draw.htm

Victor's run:
Singles
1st rnd - BYE
2nd rnd: Victor Hanescu d. Juan Antonio Marin 6-4, 6-3
QF: Victor Hanescu d. Vince Spadea 6-0, 3-0, Ret. (Vinnay )
SF: Victor Hanescu d. Fernando Vicente 6-4, 6-0
F: Victor Hanescu d. Juan Monaco 6-7, 6-4, 7-5

Doubles
Hanescu / Mazarakis-bye
QF Hanescu/Mazarakis d. Goldstein/Morrison 6-2, 6-1
SF Hanescu/Mazarakis lt. Horna / Monaco

BRAVO HANE!!!

And thanks to smucav for this article
Quote:
HoustonChronicle.com -- http://www.HoustonChronicle.com
April 10, 2006
RIVER OAKS INTERNATIONAL
Crowd loves marathon man
Hanescu's king at clay tourney, but the fans think Monaco's a prince for hours on court
By DALE ROBERTSON
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Next up for Victor Hanescu is a trip to Monte Carlo. He'll find getting there is less tiring than trying to go through Monaco on Sunday.

That's Juan Monaco, the energetic, apparently indefatigable young Argentine who plays tennis like he's getting paid by the hour.

Monaco, 22, who won the 72nd River Oaks International doubles championship with Peru's Luis Horna on Saturday night, didn't win the singles title from Hanescu on Sunday — but he won a stadium full of hearts for the heart he showed in reaching the final.

Call him the Ernie Banks of tennis, except he says, "Let's play three!"

Answering the call
In theory, Monaco should have gone down easily against the more accomplished and far more rested Romanian Hanescu.

But he had shown Saturday that doing things the easy way isn't his forte.

It took Monaco three hours, 14 minutes to fight past Greece's Vasilis Mazarakis in Saturday's semifinals and another two hours, 58 minutes before he let Hanescu off the hook 6-7 (1), 6-4, 7-5 on Sunday.

In between, he spent 80 more minutes in the doubles final, this after needing three sets and two hours Friday night to take out Horna.

At least Monaco isn't being asked to return to the fray tonight against American Mardy Fish, his first-round opponent in the U.S. Clay Court Championships at Westside Tennis Club. But had the ATP scheduled Monaco to play tonight, he insists that would have been perfectly fine with him.

"I feel well," Monaco said. "I sleep good, I do some good stretching with my physical trainer, (I have) some good food to eat and I recover very well.

"Much tennis yes, but tennis is like this. If you want to win, you have to run and you have to fight. Here the matches were so long, but I am a fighter. I like to play three sets. I like so much to stay on the court. I know it's good for me and maybe not so good for the other guy."

Determination in final
The second-seeded Hanescu didn't seem to enjoy the ordeal as much as the young man he beat, but he also grimly stayed the course.

He refused to throw up his arms in frustration despite failing to convert countless opportunities to make the match short.

The two players had never faced off, but Hanescu said knew enough about the Argentine to realized what he was in for.

"I expected a tough match," Hanescu said. "I know he doesn't quit, and he didn't."

No, he doesn't. Monaco fought off seven break points in the first game alone, a sign of the arduous things to come. He also saved three set points against him before forcing the tiebreaker, which he dominated, losing his only point on a double fault.

Then, after letting the second set slip away despite getting up a break on Hanescu early, he broke in the seventh and ninth games of the third set.

Even in the final game, he forced Hanescu to a third championship point before succumbing on a perfectly placed, crosscourt forehand.

Monaco wasn't going to lose the title. Rather, Hanescu, ranked 47th on the ATP computer to his 71st, was going to have to take it.

Payday for No. 2
Monaco heads across town with $35,000 in his pocket and, he said, "some very good experience" to show for his hard week's work at River Oaks.

Monaco is the No. 10 player in his country, and he's ahead of Mariano Puerta and Guillermo Cańas only because they have been suspended for failing drug tests.

Hanescu pocketed $50,000, enough to make the trip to Houston worthwhile.

He said he isn't staying for the Clay Courts because he wanted to return to Bucharest for a day or two.

Then he will go to Monte Carlo early to practice for the year's first Masters Series tournament on clay.
So it's Monte Carlo Masters next. Mult succes Hane!!!
Via Pax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:16 AM   #96
country flag scythe19pro

scythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond repute

Vee, thanks for updating all these threads
scythe19pro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #97
country flag Mara_M

thanks vio!
bravo vic,dupa cum ziceam eram WTF knd am vz la tv!

Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #98
country flag scythe19pro

scythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond reputescythe19pro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_M
bravo vic,dupa cum ziceam eram WTF knd am vz la tv!
a ajuns si la TV? No way. Stiri din tennis la tv? La noi in Romania? Get out of here
Old 04-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #99
country flag Mara_M

teletext

Quote:

Quote:
Old 04-12-2006, 07:25 AM   #100
country flag scythe19pro

Ma gandeam eu
Old 04-13-2006, 04:58 AM   #101
country flag Mara_M

da mama a zis k a vazut la stiri!

Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #102
country flag Sambuca

Sambuca has a reputation beyond reputeSambuca has a reputation beyond reputeSambuca has a reputation beyond reputeSambuca has a reputation beyond reputeSambuca has a reputation beyond reputeSambuca has a reputation beyond reputeSambuca has a reputation beyond reputeSambuca has a reputation beyond reputeSambuca has a reputation beyond reputeSambuca has a reputation beyond reputeSambuca has a reputation beyond repute

what about his form? can he beat Roddick?
Sambuca is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:05 PM   #103
country flag Mara_M

he isn't in a good form !

Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #104
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, there hasn't been posted about Victor since a long time
But I thought you might want to hear this story.

I was at the qualifications in Aachen this saturday, Victor is in the MD, but he already was walking around there.
At one point I wanted to get some food, so I walked over to order pasta and Victor was also standing there studying the menu. When I noticed it was him, he looked at me and I just smiled and went on with ordering my food. Didn't know if I should say something or not.
But when I orderded he kept looking and when I looked back at him, he asked "What is this?" pointing out 'Frikadelle'. The menu was all in German, so I started explaining to him what it is in Holland. When the people serving the food showed him one, it turned out to be completely different than one in Holland I had the idea it was the same, just written a little different
Old 11-18-2007, 07:16 PM   #105
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond repute

Hanescu lose at Tursunov at Dnepro in semifinals 6-4 7-5