Underated Albums! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-16-2004, 03:16 AM   #16
hedgehog

hedgehog will become famous soon enoughhedgehog will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Underated Albums!

Fleetwood Mac.....Tango in the night......

I listened to both sides till the writing on cassette wore off when I had it in the 80's, I have met people with massive music collections and been surprised they haven't got it.

I have lot of greatest hits albumns like madonna, U2, Duran Duran as i still always have that fear with new albumns that 4 or 5 songs I wont like or listen to. Coldplay I would always trust to be good.
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2004, 04:06 AM   #17
country flag Clara Bow

Clara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond reputeClara Bow has a reputation beyond repute

AndyloverI have to agree- Ride's nowhere is an excellent album. (It will always have a soft spot in my heart as I had my first (albiet awkward) make-out session with my first boyfriend to it.)

By the way- have you ever been able to see Sigur Ros in concert? They are just wonderful- such beautiful music that still translates well in a concert setting.

To add to the Flaming Lips idea- I would like to add In a Priest Driven Ambulance - it is an early one of thiers and quite different than some of thier more recent stuff.

I love The Stone Roses The Stone Roses. Just a fantastic album all the way through. (And perfect for sunny days!)

My fiance and I are huge fans of Gomez and if you ever can, catch them in concert- they are a blast and seem to have such a good time playing the music. Two of their albums In Our Gun and Bring it On are particulary wonderful. They seem underated here in the US but they seem get a good amount of press in the UK so maybe these two are county specific underated ablums!

We went to see a number of shows at South By Soutwest (SXSW) this year and the local and national press were talking up a number of bands but no one mentioned The Walkmen - who were just fantastic. I highly recommend their album Bows and Arrows.

An old jazz album tthat a couple of my generations in my family adore is Ahmad Jamal's If Not for Me- really some great jazz piano work.

Finally, I've noticed that when I play the soundtrack to About A Boy (done by Badly Drawn Boy) in my office at work a number of people inquire about who it is and comment that they like it. Now there are about three or so offices from which you can occasionally hear the album. But that album never really got a lot of press- I guess because it is a soundrack?

Last edited by Clara Bow : 04-16-2004 at 04:13 AM.
Clara Bow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:46 PM   #18
country flag andylover_16

andylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog
Coldplay I would always trust to be good.
Glad to hear that

C'mon: Andy Roddick, Tim Henman..
andylover_16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:51 PM   #19
Conan the Librarian

Conan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond repute

Clara Bow,

Conan is sad to inform you that Gomez have pretty much disappeared off the musical landscape.
Conan the Librarian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:57 PM   #20

andylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond reputeandylover_16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara Bow
AndyloverI have to agree- Ride's nowhere is an excellent album. (It will always have a soft spot in my heart as I had my first (albiet awkward) make-out session with my first boyfriend to it.)

By the way- have you ever been able to see Sigur Ros in concert? They are just wonderful- such beautiful music that still translates well in a concert setting.

To add to the Flaming Lips idea- I would like to add In a Priest Driven Ambulance - it is an early one of thiers and quite different than some of thier more recent stuff.

I love The Stone Roses The Stone Roses. Just a fantastic album all the way through. (And perfect for sunny days!)

My fiance and I are huge fans of Gomez and if you ever can, catch them in concert- they are a blast and seem to have such a good time playing the music. Two of their albums In Our Gun and Bring it On are particulary wonderful. They seem underated here in the US but they seem get a good amount of press in the UK so maybe these two are county specific underated ablums!

We went to see a number of shows at South By Soutwest (SXSW) this year and the local and national press were talking up a number of bands but no one mentioned The Walkmen - who were just fantastic. I highly recommend their album Bows and Arrows.

An old jazz album tthat a couple of my generations in my family adore is Ahmad Jamal's If Not for Me- really some great jazz piano work.

Finally, I've noticed that when I play the soundtrack to About A Boy (done by Badly Drawn Boy) in my office at work a number of people inquire about who it is and comment that they like it. Now there are about three or so offices from which you can occasionally hear the album. But that album never really got a lot of press- I guess because it is a soundrack?
I am impressed! You have exceptional taste,

Im going to see Gomez this summer at Lollapalooza, i've been wanting to purchase bring it on for a long time now. Badly Drawn Boy are amazing. I first found out about them from the actual movie about a boy and then almost immediately purchased Hour of the Bewilderbeast and what a great album it is, but have you fed the fish perhaps is even better. Would anyone believe me if i said that about a year and a half from now I barely knew who Coldplay were. Lots of things have changed for me since then of course in the best of ways

Old 04-16-2004, 08:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
Clara Bow,

Conan is sad to inform you that Gomez have pretty much disappeared off the musical landscape.
Not quite, if i'm interpreting what your saying correctly. Their scheduled to appear at this years lollapalooza.

Old 04-16-2004, 08:15 PM   #22
Conan the Librarian

Conan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond reputeConan the Librarian has a reputation beyond repute

All Conan knows is that after the relative success(public and critical) of Bring it On, they could not reproduce that success and have barely made an impact on the charts since.

And Badly Drawn Boy is not a they, it is a he. Damon Gough to be exact.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan the Librarian
All Conan knows is that after the relative success(public and critical) of Bring it On, they could not reproduce that success and have barely made an impact on the charts since.

And Badly Drawn Boy is not a they, it is a he. Damon Gough to be exact.
i knew that just a typo, more than one typo actually

Old 04-16-2004, 08:55 PM   #24
Conan the Librarian

Conan believes you.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:08 PM   #25
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond repute

The Stone Roses
New Order/ Joy Division
If somesone says Kraftwerk and David Sylvian solo I truly recognize I'm among friends.

The Stone Roses- Second Coming; there's a criminally underrated album for you, sure is very different from their first one, maybe slightly bad production, but it still

Electronic's first two albums a pretty good as well.
Aphex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:01 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex
The Stone Roses
New Order/ Joy Division
If somesone says Kraftwerk and David Sylvian solo I truly recognize I'm among friends.

The Stone Roses- Second Coming; there's a criminally underrated album for you, sure is very different from their first one, maybe slightly bad production, but it still

Electronic's first two albums a pretty good as well.
I love Kraftwerk, i almost got a shirt that said "Kraftwerk" with these really psychedelic stripes across it. They are great! I personally like Computer World, although i dont own any albums, but im most familiar with the songs of this cd since i have most of them downloaded You have good taste in music Aphex

Old 04-16-2004, 10:48 PM   #27
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond repute

I love the Smiths too. Say Andylover, you're not really half a person, are you?
Old 04-16-2004, 10:52 PM   #28

Quote:
I love the Smiths too. Say Andylover, you're not really half a person, are you?
Of course not, but i love the song. One of my favorites .

Come see Morrissey in Concert with me

Old 04-16-2004, 11:20 PM   #29
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Go to America ?! No, not right now with this fingerprints and mugshot thing going on to enter. But you were only teasing, right? Actually I think the Mozzer will come to Sweden. Or has he recently? At least he wasn't in Stockholm. Or was he?
Anyway, have you heard Swedish band the Knife? 'Heartbeats' and 'You take my breath away' are well woth a visit to your local peer-to-peer network .
And if you like those, you might consider getting the album 'Deep cuts' from your IRL dealer.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:27 PM   #30

Quote:
Go to America ?! No, not right now with this fingerprints and mugshot thing going on to enter. But you were only teasing, right? Actually I think the Mozzer will come to Sweden. Or has he recently? At least he wasn't in Stockholm. Or was he?
Anyway, have you heard Swedish band the Knife? 'Heartbeats' and 'You take my breath away' are well woth a visit to your local peer-to-peer network .
And if you like those, you might consider getting the album 'Deep cuts' from your IRL dealer.
lol, well of course it would be cool for you to go see him with me. Hes the best. It would be cool for everyone on this board to go see him with me (actually not really) , but particularly those with good taste like yourself. Anyhow i have heard of the Knife yes but am not familiar with any material. I'll look into them for sure