Temporary Blip or Worrying Signs? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-19-2007, 06:33 AM   #46
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary Blip or Worrying Signs?

I don't really mind it is a "dirty win", he win the match is OK.
Roger now need a champion to give him confidence.
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2007, 08:52 AM   #47
country flag Minnie

Minnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedWinner View Post
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that last year was the peak performance and it can not be repeated by anyone, including the man himself. My 3 roubles.
Goddamit - there was me thinking I was a genius!
Minnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:45 PM   #48
country flag Rogiman

Rogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond reputeRogiman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectedWinner View Post
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that last year was the peak performance and it can not be repeated by anyone, including the man himself. My 3 roubles.
Roubles, those were the days
It's a sport after all and while it is very important for the players, the only reason they make money (and I mean tennis as a whole) it's because it's entertainment for us, the fans. So if we're watching, I rather watch something that pleases the eye, who gives a shit if a BOSS hotass model takes 5 more seconds in geting the ball to the player in Madrid? I'd rather wait those extra 5 seconds seeing those boobies bounce than watching some fatass kid burn away his bigmac meal.

I don't know, call me old fashioned but I like women
Rogiman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:16 PM   #49
country flag R.Federer

R.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond reputeR.Federer has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else think that losing all those matches last couple months, firing Tony, it put him into crisis mode and has made him really focus on just tennis and pull of the great win today?
Old 05-20-2007, 04:32 PM   #50
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Federer View Post
Anyone else think that losing all those matches last couple months, firing Tony, it put him into crisis mode and has made him really focus on just tennis and pull of the great win today?
Firing Tony certainly fired Fed up since he had to prove to himself that he made the right decision.
rofe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #51
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Congrat Roger~!!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:29 PM   #52
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

After the so-called "slump" during the early part of the year and his surprising seperation from Tony Roche Roger has now reached the finals of all events he has entered since then:

Winner in Hamburg
Finalist of French Open
Winner of Wimbledon
Finalist in Montreal
Winner in Cincinatti
Winner of US US Open

And now the final of Madrid
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #53
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
After the so-called "slump" during the early part of the year and his surprising seperation from Tony Roche Roger has now reached the finals of all events he has entered since then:

Winner in Hamburg
Finalist of French Open
Winner of Wimbledon
Finalist in Montreal
Winner in Cincinatti
Winner of US US Open

And now the final of Madrid
Yes, isn't it incredible! He surely managed to fool us all in the beginning of 2007...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #54
country flag World Beater

World Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWorld Beater has a reputation beyond repute

dunno about some people, but i have been impressed with federer's movement so far. He has been very quick and sharp, and he is hitting the ball off both sides the best he ever has in madrid. Serving bombs like he did in wimbledon. He showed glimpses in canada against hewitt but now its all coming together very much like last years indoor season.

I think what has changed is federer's recovery period from match to match. He seems to need more rest to recuperate, and in the long run this is a wise decision. I was expecting federer to slow down but he's still looking extremely athletic and fast to me.

He took a break, but now he's back and he looks really fresh.
There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers.

-Richard Feynman

World Beater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:15 AM   #55
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I fully agree.
Apparently Fed knows perfectly well how to prepare himself optimally, get the best out of his scheduling, etc. Even more, he indeed looks better than ever - I remember well people complaining about his tummy not too long ago!

If you take into account his 'temporary blip' () in the beginning of this year, where he indeed seemed to be struggling for a bit - followed by his firing of Tony Roche, one might suggest the one had to do with the other - in hindsight a perfect decision by Rog.

Futhermore, I'd suggest Rogi to keep on playing with a coach at all. He seems to be the one who is best in deciding what is best for him!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:14 AM   #56
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Beater View Post
dunno about some people, but i have been impressed with federer's movement so far. He has been very quick and sharp, and he is hitting the ball off both sides the best he ever has in madrid. Serving bombs like he did in wimbledon. He showed glimpses in canada against hewitt but now its all coming together very much like last years indoor season.

I think what has changed is federer's recovery period from match to match. He seems to need more rest to recuperate, and in the long run this is a wise decision. I was expecting federer to slow down but he's still looking extremely athletic and fast to me.

He took a break, but now he's back and he looks really fresh.
Yes, Madrid is looking really good, maybe the best since AO. Reminds me a lot of last year's beautiful indoor season as well.

I don't mind how long a break he takes during the season as long as when he comes out in action again, he is playing and moving the way he is now which is what I like.
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:47 AM   #57
country flag SUKTUEN

thanks for the infor
Old 10-22-2007, 09:18 AM   #58
country flag Rommella

Rommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond repute

As far as am concerned, the Madrid final is only a blip. Methinks that 6-1 in the first set did Roger in -- might have been thinking: geez, this is easy.

After getting 3 slams for the third time in his career, he could very well take a vacation for the remainder of the year.
Rommella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #59
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute

He could face Nalbandian again already this week! They're scheduled to bump into each other in the semis at Basel!
BlueSwan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #60
country flag Minnie

Minnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSwan View Post
He could face Nalbandian again already this week! They're scheduled to bump into each other in the semis at Basel!
I sometimes think Roger's greatest motivation is ... revenge!
Minnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote