Cheryl McKay (The Ultimate Gift) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-26-2007, 04:11 AM   #1
country flag trivfun

trivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheryl McKay (The Ultimate Gift)

There is a movie out on theaters now. It is called the "The Ultimate Gift". I actually met the person who wrote the screenplay for the movie, Cheryl McKay. I use to work at at PBS affiliate TV station in Charlotte, NC as a part-time videotape operator. I also did some camera work for the county commissioners of Charlotte. Parks Helms is a hero of mine as well as Becky Carney. I digress.

On my first day of televising the County Commission, I was working the cameras and I screwed up on one shot. I forgot whether it was my headset that malfunctioned, the camera, or the zoom lens; I couldn't get the shot the director wanted. The director was screaming at me to zoom for a closer shot on the commissioners but I couldn't. Cheryl was right next to me on another camera and saw this. I was replaced by another person an ended up in the booth with the director getting a lesson. I was scared to talk back. Luckily when the meeting ended, Cheryl stuck up for me and talked to director of what happened.

As a result, I got another chance to work there. That second chance is where I did the best work and a person from WTVI spotted me and asked me to work as an intern and eventually a part-timer. I stayed in CHarlotte for 2 years and it was the most memorable and difficult to date. I made friends and burned friends. Though, I failed miserably in my career. Had it not been for Cheryl, I would not have experienced this "Ultimate Gift" what she gave to me.
trivfun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2007, 05:41 AM   #2
country flag Richard_from_Cal

Richard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_from_Cal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheryl McKay (The Ultimate Gift)

It's playing in my area, and stars an actor I've long admired: James Garner...

So, you think I should go see it?

vv-trailer page for The Ultimate Gift-v
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482629/trailers

Hmmm, Brian Dennehy, and deals with inheritance, also. May just catch it!

…”A HOBO Travels to work,
A tramp travels and won't work
A bum neither travels or works”
-=-=-=-=-=-
…hobotraveler (link <--it's a site by hobos, for hobos...it's very slow)…

Nomad Backpackers <--link
Richard_from_Cal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivfun View Post
There is a movie out on theaters now. It is called the "The Ultimate Gift". I actually met the person who wrote the screenplay for the movie, Cheryl McKay. I use to work at at PBS affiliate TV station in Charlotte, NC as a part-time videotape operator. I also did some camera work for the county commissioners of Charlotte. Parks Helms is a hero of mine as well as Becky Carney. I digress.

On my first day of televising the County Commission, I was working the cameras and I screwed up on one shot. I forgot whether it was my headset that malfunctioned, the camera, or the zoom lens; I couldn't get the shot the director wanted. The director was screaming at me to zoom for a closer shot on the commissioners but I couldn't. Cheryl was right next to me on another camera and saw this. I was replaced by another person an ended up in the booth with the director getting a lesson. I was scared to talk back. Luckily when the meeting ended, Cheryl stuck up for me and talked to director of what happened.

As a result, I got another chance to work there. That second chance is where I did the best work and a person from WTVI spotted me and asked me to work as an intern and eventually a part-timer. I stayed in CHarlotte for 2 years and it was the most memorable and difficult to date. I made friends and burned friends. Though, I failed miserably in my career. Had it not been for Cheryl, I would not have experienced this "Ultimate Gift" what she gave to me.

Your medal is in the post
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
country flag trivfun

trivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond reputetrivfun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_from_Cal View Post
It's playing in my area, and stars an actor I've long admired: James Garner...

So, you think I should go see it?

vv-trailer page for The Ultimate Gift-v
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482629/trailers

Hmmm, Brian Dennehy, and deals with inheritance, also. May just catch it!
Old 11-08-2007, 03:44 AM   #5
country flag trivfun

This is from Cheryl concerning the writers strike. I don't know what SAG means.

Okay so... in one hour the WGAW goes on strike. For my friends who pray... pray this is resolved soon. It's not just the livelihood of writer's at stake but everyone who works on the crew of our projects.

If you live in LA and are in SAG... and you feel like joining me sometime on a picket line, I'd love to have the company. I'll be doing shifts on whatever days I don't work at my non-writing job.

Cheryl
Old 11-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #6
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

SAG= screen actors guild
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 03:38 AM   #7
country flag trivfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
SAG= screen actors guild
Thank you!