O_o_O_o_O Claycourt Season O_o_O_o_O - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-19-2007, 03:55 PM   #76
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: O_o_O_o_O Claycourt Season O_o_O_o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
He played really well. Only thing that was horrid was his serve. What's with the DF craze? So many players with decent/good serves are catching on. First, Sharapova. Then, Venus. And now, Richard.
You saying this... is something. I didn't see the match but as you don't often say such good compliment, he might have played very very well.

Well done Richard! It's good for the confidence.
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #77
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie* View Post
You saying this... is something. I didn't see the match but as you don't often say such good compliment, he might have played very very well.

Well done Richard! It's good for the confidence.
I actually only watched parts of the match but the reason I said that is because he came to the net a lot, which I really like. The stats were also very good. I think he had 44 winners to 33 UEs and won 30+ out of almost 50 points at the net.

That serve and the FH on some of the important points though...
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #78
country flag zimzim

zimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond reputezimzim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I actually only watched parts of the match but the reason I said that is because he came to the net a lot, which I really like. The stats were also very good. I think he had 44 winners to 33 UEs and won 30+ out of almost 50 points at the net.

That serve and the FH on some of the important points though...
I watched the whole match, and what Richie needed so desperately was first serves. He had too many doubles , and he needs to play the big points better. But mentally, he never stopped believing and that was nice to see. I think he kept telling himself there was no way he was going to lose the match. His shot selection has also improved, and I think as he gets more confident, he'll improve more. Am just happy he won a very close encounter, cos it'll help him in his career
Old 04-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #79
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

oh actually,I found his fh quite well on this match,his p fh passing was just

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #80
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good stats indeed. In the end of the first set against Verdasco he also came to the net and it reminded me of the Richie from MC 2005.

I think that's the sign he enjoys himself and gets more confidence.
The other very good improvement is his fitness. I was worried after his first round when he said that he hoped he would be ok for the next match but he proved he is solid now.
As you said, he really should improve his serve though.. It would give him free points and shorter matches.

Btw, did he call the trainer today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimzim View Post
I think as he gets more confident, he'll improve more.
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #81
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie* View Post
Good stats indeed. In the end of the first set against Verdasco he also came to the net and it reminded me of the Richie from MC 2005.

I think that's the sign he enjoys himself and gets more confidence.
The other very good improvement is his fitness. I was worried after his first round when he said that he hoped he would be ok for the next match but he proved he is solid now.
As you said, he really should improve his serve though.. It would give him free points and shorter matches.

Btw, did he call the trainer today?

I don't think he called the trainer.

Yes, his fitness has improved a lot. Still not sure he has enough left to beat Ferrero though.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #82
country flag silverwhite

Anyway, Eric's son was at the match, apparently.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #83
country flag JBdV

JBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyway, Eric's son was at the match, apparently.
Ah so that's who that was sitting next to Fab, I was wondering about that...

Tennis Tipping 2009 Results:
Singles: Cherbourg CH W
Doubles: ...
JBdV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #84
country flag Allure
Fan of Mugs

Allure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond reputeAllure has a reputation beyond repute

I am so happy that Richard beat a top 10 player (albeit on clay). He's one step closer to facing Federer.
Kudryavtseva def. Sharapova 6-2, 6-4
Tipsarevic def. Roddick 6-7, 7-5, 6-4, 7-6
Dancevic def. Nalbandian 6-4, 6-2, 6-4
Zheng def. Ivanovic 6-1, 6-4
Tanasugarn def. Jankovic 6-3, 6-2
Radwanska def. Kuznetsova 6-4, 1-6, 7-5
Allure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:11 PM   #85
country flag silverwhite

They actually won their doubles match 4-6 6-3 15-13.

Exciting stuff in the final set TB. They wasted 3 (non-consecutive) MPs, then saved 2, and then converted their fourth. Erlich/Ram DFed twice though, once to give B/G MP#1 and once on their own MP#2.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:11 PM   #86
country flag Sophie-d

Sophie-d has a reputation beyond reputeSophie-d has a reputation beyond reputeSophie-d has a reputation beyond reputeSophie-d has a reputation beyond reputeSophie-d has a reputation beyond reputeSophie-d has a reputation beyond reputeSophie-d has a reputation beyond reputeSophie-d has a reputation beyond reputeSophie-d has a reputation beyond reputeSophie-d has a reputation beyond reputeSophie-d has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! What a wonderful turnout!!! !!!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
NICOLAS DEVILDER
Sophie-d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #87
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They actually won their doubles match 4-6 6-3 15-13.
He seems to get addicted to winning. But what the hell did he want to prove by playing these doubles? That he is Marathon man?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #88
country flag dani-fan Belgium

dani-fan Belgium has a reputation beyond reputedani-fan Belgium has a reputation beyond reputedani-fan Belgium has a reputation beyond reputedani-fan Belgium has a reputation beyond reputedani-fan Belgium has a reputation beyond reputedani-fan Belgium has a reputation beyond reputedani-fan Belgium has a reputation beyond reputedani-fan Belgium has a reputation beyond reputedani-fan Belgium has a reputation beyond reputedani-fan Belgium has a reputation beyond reputedani-fan Belgium has a reputation beyond repute

hope he isn't too tired for his quarters against Ferrero

to bad it came to a 3th set , he could have finish it in two
by moments he played brilliant passingshots again

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

dani-fan Belgium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #89
country flag lisaplenske

lisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond reputelisaplenske has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
He seems to get addicted to winning. But what the hell did he want to prove by playing these doubles? That he is Marathon man?
yes he s a new man now still be tough tomorrow though.

Tsonga - Simon - Monfils - Mathieu - Chardy - Baghdatis
Mannarino - Safin - Santoro - Gulbis- Nishikori
lisaplenske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:46 PM   #90
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

I only saw the two first sets (and i left and but since all ended well...). He seems to play better but still a bit too defensively, on crucial points especially. He won't be able to do that against Ferrero.

And i think it was really a bad choice from him to play doubles 1 hour after when he has 3 semi-marathon matches in the legs... But well, he knows better...

I also hope he didn't feel he had to play because of Benneteau...

Good luck tomorrow Richard!
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote