Main Draw - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-11-2004, 04:40 PM   #1
country flag Wojtek

Wojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Main Draw

Only few pairs

Schuttler 1 - Hanescu
Safin 8 - Saulnier
Nadal- Ivanisevic
Davydenko - Stepanek
Chela 5- Canas
Massu 2 - Gasquet
Wojtek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2004, 04:46 PM   #2
tall_one

tall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Main Draw

Stage Set for First Round Drama

The draws for the 2004 Estoril Open produced a number of mouthwatering clashes in both the men's and women's competitions on Sunday, with former Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic facing Spanish sensation Rafael Nadal, and women's top seed Elena Bovina meeting former Roland Garros winner Iva Majoli.

Tournament director Joao Lagos was joined at the draw ceremony by Portuguese TV host Marta Leite Castro from RTP, along with Majoli and defending men's champion Nikolay Davydenko.

"I think we have some fantastic first round matches," said Lagos. "Nadal against Ivanisevic is something special. The newcomer and one of the old guys, so charismatic, so I think this is very interesting. Also, from a Portuguese point of view, we have the two newcomers - Diogo Rocha and Leonardo Tavares - playing against each other in the first round, giving them a big chance to go ahead in the draw as well.

"In the women's draw, Iva Majoli, Elena Bovena could be the final. It's great to show such a good first round match and is very interesting for the Portuguese fans, who can also look forward to some good weather at the start of the event. It's the Easter holidays, and we have some very good matches to attract the fans, especially the younger ones."

In the men's draw, top seed Rainer Schuettler will be looking to kick-start his 2004 season after going 2-7 in the opening three months. He takes on Victor Hanescu of Romania in the first round.

Defending champion Davydenko will open his campaign against Czech Radek Stepanek with a potential quarterfinal meeting against Schuettler, while third seed Agustin Calleri - last year's runner-up - will be hoping to shake off last week's Davis Cup loss against Belarus when he meets a qualifier in the first round.

Important

Davydenko, who went on to finish 2003 at No. 44 in the world, said he was looking forward to returning this year. "It's a great tournament," said Davydenko. "I'll be trying to win it again, and it's important for me to get my season going and we will see what happens this week."

In an all-Argentine clash, No. 5 seed Juan Ignacio Chela takes on wild card Guillermo Canas. Chela won their only previous meeting on clay in Acapulco two years ago.

In the bottom half of the draw, second seed Nicolas Massu meets rising French star Richard Gasquet and the winner of that match will face either Ivanisevic or Nadal in the second round.

Ivanisevic, who played only three ATP tournaments in 2003 after suffering from shoulder, elbow and knee problems, retired against Nadal in the second round of the NASDAQ-100 Open in Miami last month with a shoulder injury after losing the first set 6-4 to the 17-year-old Spaniard, who reached his first career final in Auckland in January (l. to Hrbaty).

Marat Safin, the No. 8 seed who reached the quarterfinals in Estoril in 2002, opens his bid against Frenchman Cyril Saulnier having won their only previous meeting in St. Petersburg in 2002. And Lagos was looking forward to seeing the Russian back again this year.

"Safin was No. 1 in the world when we organized the Tennis Masters cup in Lisbon and would have been the year-end No. 1 if Gustavo Kuerten hadn't won the last two matches of the season," said Lagos. "So we hope he can start the clay court season well here in Estoril in order to have a good season because international tennis needs Marat Safin in good condition."

In the women's draw, second seed Alicia Molik of Australia meets Henrieta Nagyova while third seed Emilie Loit takes on Els Callens of Belgium.

Talking about her first round match, Majoli said: "It's going to be a very tough match playing against the top seed. It's the first tournament of the year on clay for me, but I will play my best and we will see what happens."

experience DENIAL
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76493

tall_one is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 05:29 PM   #3
country flag agi

agi has a reputation beyond reputeagi has a reputation beyond reputeagi has a reputation beyond reputeagi has a reputation beyond reputeagi has a reputation beyond reputeagi has a reputation beyond reputeagi has a reputation beyond reputeagi has a reputation beyond reputeagi has a reputation beyond reputeagi has a reputation beyond reputeagi has a reputation beyond repute

where can I find the rest of the draw ?
agi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 05:42 PM   #4
tall_one

tall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond repute

Main Draw ~ Singles

1 Rainer Schuettler v Victor Hanescu
Olivier Rochus v Gregory Carraz
Radek Stepanek v Nikolay Davydenko
Q v 7 Gaston Gaudio

3 Agustin Calleri v Q
Julien Boutter v Olivier Patience
WC Diogo Rocha v WC Leonardo Tavarers
WC Guillermo Canas v 5 Juan Ignacio Chela

8 Marat Safin v Cyril Saulnier
Antony Dupis v Thierry Ascione
Q v Mariano Zabaleta
Xavier Malisse v 4 Tommy Robredo

6 Max Mirnyi v Bohdan Ulihrach
Q v Irakli Labadze
Goran Ivanisevic v Rafael Nadal
Richard Gasquet v 2 Nicolas Massu

experience DENIAL
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76493

Last edited by tall_one : 04-11-2004 at 05:54 PM.
tall_one is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 06:27 PM   #5
Experimentee

Experimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond reputeExperimentee has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck:

Olivier Rochus
Gaston Gaudio
Guillermo Canas
Marat Safin
Max Mirnyi
Goran Ivanisevic - bad draw
Rafael Nadal
Richard Gasquet
Experimentee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 07:22 PM   #6
country flag TheBoiledEgg

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

best event of week

Marat against big serving frenchies
go Marat, time to bring them down a peg or two

go Rafa hope Gasquet wins his 1st rd then we'll see Rafa kick ass

Kolya ok draw go defend some pts
Hanescu nice starter should win

Max good luck
Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy

Goodbye Marat 1996-2009
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:23 PM   #7
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

lol... if Nadal can spank Ivanisevic on hard, do they really think Ivanisevic can do anything to make it interesting on clay?

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:24 PM   #8
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

this tournament will be fun and I'm glad it has a good website.

good luck:

Olivier Rochus
Gregory Carraz
Radek Stepanek
Julien Boutter
Olivier Patience
Cyril Saulnier
Thierry Ascione
Tommy Robredo
Rafael Nadal
Richard Gasquet

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:37 PM   #9
country flag TennisLurker

TennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Gaudio, Gasquet and devilish Chela.

Bad luck to Massu and irritating Malisse.

Good luck to:

Gaudio, Murray, Florian Mayer, Chela, Nalbandian, Radek Stepanek, Volandri, Youzhny and Verdasco.

NICOLAS ALMAGRO IS AN EXOTIC BEAUTY
TennisLurker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:10 PM   #10
AtPGiRL

AtPGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeAtPGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeAtPGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeAtPGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeAtPGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeAtPGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeAtPGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeAtPGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeAtPGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeAtPGiRL has a reputation beyond reputeAtPGiRL has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to

Marat
and
Tommy Robredo!

Safinator.com
AtPGiRL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:49 PM   #11
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck

Marat - cmon, time to get things together! Lets rule
Goran - though draw . CMON!
Julien
Max
Old 04-11-2004, 10:14 PM   #12
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

GO Schuettler and Marat!!!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:46 PM   #13
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad the Rafa/Goran match couldnt' take place when Goran is healthy. Oh well.
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:00 AM   #14
*Marat BigFan*

*Marat BigFan* has a reputation beyond repute*Marat BigFan* has a reputation beyond repute*Marat BigFan* has a reputation beyond repute*Marat BigFan* has a reputation beyond repute*Marat BigFan* has a reputation beyond repute*Marat BigFan* has a reputation beyond repute*Marat BigFan* has a reputation beyond repute*Marat BigFan* has a reputation beyond repute*Marat BigFan* has a reputation beyond repute*Marat BigFan* has a reputation beyond repute*Marat BigFan* has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck!!Marat

Model looking
Always nice to his fans
Rich and popular
Amazing player amazing game amazing personal life
Talkative and funny

VISIT MY TENNISVIDEOS WEBSITE: http://www.geocities.com/jojo_marat/
*Marat BigFan* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 01:39 AM   #15
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

come on MARAT!!!! it's CLAY!!!
oh! he's playing doubles with Labadze too! 1st round against the top seeds. gee!
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote